Back to Influence

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Influence by University of Pennsylvania

What does it mean to be influential? How does one persuade others to pursue a unified goal? How does one leverage power? In this course, you’ll learn how to develop influence and to become more effective in achieving your organizational goals. Professor Cade Massey of the Wharton School has designed this course to help you understand the framework of power and influence and the dynamics of effective networks, and shows you how to develop your skills of persuasion and leverage. By the end of this course, you’ll know your own strengths and how to use them to get what you need, how to gain power and influence, and how to leverage relationships and alliances to achieve your goals in both business and in life....

MW
Jan 9, 2019

This Influence course takes a different approach, and while it takes awhile to appreciate, I ended up really liking it! I won't spoil the surprises, but nevertheless, this is a course not to miss!

CS
Apr 6, 2018

I worked with my corporate leaders. This course helped me understand why they act the way they act, as well as helping to improve my people skill and understanding my bottomline as a professional.

51 - 75 of 76 Reviews for Influence

By Fernando S

May 22, 2019

Great course and inspiring teacher. I recommend it very well.

By Huanhuan J

Nov 28, 2017

Great course worth to be taken even after got certificate

By Patricia K

Mar 13, 2021

very helpful course and I have learned a lot thank you.

By PAVAN K S

Jul 18, 2020

This is very good course to improve influencing skills.

By Sai B S

Jun 2, 2020

Professor Cade is an absolute delight to learn from

By Robert G S P

Jan 21, 2019

I like the course. Very much like the examples.

By Rajinder N

Jan 22, 2021

Professor Massey opened new way of persuasion.

By Zafar I

Feb 15, 2019

this is very good course.

thank you very much.

By Rajendra M

Oct 2, 2017

Must for Managers (upcoming or currrent).

By Codie J V

Apr 17, 2020

Extremely High-Quality Material!!

By Jay N

Apr 13, 2020

Great course. I've learned a lot.

By BUI Q B

Apr 25, 2020

Great.

By Hans R

Sep 24, 2020

I had a wonderful experience doing this course. Although some of the course contents were geared more towards MBA students, I learnt some of the influence tactics that would help me reach my goals in a more realistic way. I thank Coursera and the University of Pennsylvania for devising this useful course online, giving the opportunity to a number of students to access quality information from the comfort of their homes.

By Fred V

Sep 1, 2020

This course is a lot about power, less about influence. Notably, we missed a critical and topical issue: how scientific advisors can, or cannot, get their messages through politicians, through their influence. However, there are a lot of interesting things in this course about corporate power.

By Alex G

Good, engaging course using great examples. Not as compelling as Success, but then again, I've yet to take a course on Coursera that is!

By Utku K

Oct 31, 2018

Very useful, mostly theoretical but very useful. Not much about influence in terms of negotiation skills...

By Ramiro J S A

The teacher watched too much the teleprompter, I get distracted by that action.

By LATHRO

Apr 3, 2019

Great content. I have learn much more than i hoped.

By Stephen M

Jun 8, 2020

Very good introduction to influence

By Runa S

Nov 15, 2019

a good course overall, yet sometimes was too detailed especially in analyzing assessment results as probably would've been more interesting to talk about influence.

By Shannon S

Mar 21, 2021

This class is so hard to follow, the instructor talks way to fast and doesn't really explain in details.