Back to Introduction to Spreadsheets and Models

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Spreadsheets and Models by University of Pennsylvania

4.2

The simple spreadsheet is one of the most powerful data analysis tools that exists, and it’s available to almost anyone. Major corporations and small businesses alike use spreadsheet models to determine where key measures of their success are now, and where they are likely to be in the future. But in order to get the most out of a spreadsheet, you have the know-how to use it. This course is designed to give you an introduction to basic spreadsheet tools and formulas so that you can begin harness the power of spreadsheets to map the data you have now and to predict the data you may have in the future. Through short, easy-to-follow demonstrations, you’ll learn how to use Excel or Sheets so that you can begin to build models and decision trees in future courses in this Specialization. Basic familiarity with, and access to, Excel or Sheets is required....

MM
Jun 21, 2017

This course has made me understand cost accounting, has provided a fresh perspective on how to solve some of the challenges i had with management accounting and as a bonus, made me love maths again :)

RJ
Jun 11, 2020

The course is worth the time , the faculty teaches you about some complicated advance formulae with so much clarity and ease that even beginners can be pro in excel related to business and finance.

51 - 75 of 583 Reviews for Introduction to Spreadsheets and Models

By Demetris A

Feb 7, 2017

A particularly useful course. It built on my existing Excel knowledge and "expertise". I really enjoyed it, as all the skills learned in this course can be applied in the real world.

By ARVIND K S

Jun 4, 2018

Thank you Sir, not only for this course but the splendid work you have done as MD of Wharton online in making the in-house expertise available to millions like me through Courera.

By saurav k

May 14, 2017

This is a very interesting course. You will get to learn the functioning of spreadsheets and how to use it for business models. Moreover, one can use it for market research also.

By Shiva Y S

May 3, 2020

The course was highly informative and challenged one's ability to understand the value that spreadsheets will provide as the course progresses in using it for business decisions

By Jacob V

Jan 13, 2020

Don Huesman did a great job of discussing and demonstrating the uses of Excel in cash flow analysis and other useful ways to manipulate spreadsheets to tell a story with data

By Anna F D

Jun 15, 2020

This course was very helpful in stepping-up my finance related excel skills. This is especially most helpful for students with little to zero background in finance.

By William H F I

May 15, 2018

This is a very good introduction to building deterministic models. Be sure to utilize the additional reading suggestions and tutorials at the end of this lesson.

By Carlo D R

Oct 31, 2019

I like the pragmatism of the course: introducing these concepts in few minutes and driving applicants through such contents was done in a really effective way!

By Moinul A

Mar 28, 2020

It is a very good course. Instructor was very clear and precise in explaining the contents. Quizs are a bit tricky and it was a good challenge for your brain.

By Brian S

Apr 23, 2020

A very helpful and practical course. It will help me in developing a personal budgeting tool and in my Procurement Career.

I strongly recommend this Course.

By Huong M N

Mar 12, 2016

This is a great course for beginners! Each step is explained thoroughly with great demonstration which makes it easier for me to keep up and understand.

By ROBERTO L C

Mar 24, 2020

Great course literally as an introduction to spreadsheets and models. It gives you an overview of the necessary tools the maximize the use of modeling.

By Lance B C

Jun 24, 2017

Great entry level course. Provides lots of detailed information, useful applications, and even the theory and logic of using spreadsheets effectively.

By James T B

This class did a great job of introducing the Data Analysis add-in in Excel. I think this will be very useful and time saving in my line of work.

By Sky C

Jun 5, 2020

Great class, concise, efficient, but tough questions! Lots of useful applications that can be implemented right away. Overall, very enjoyable!

By Gian Z

May 21, 2018

This was a very useful, well presented course that I will be able to immediately leverage in my current work. I highly recommend this course.

By Florence H

Sep 6, 2017

lectures and examples were clear and questions were pitched at a just-right level, enough to encourage but also to challenge one to do better.

By SIYUAN Y

Feb 10, 2019

What I have learnt in this course is really useful but I hope I could learn more. Maybe video time could be longer containing more content.

By Jose V

Apr 12, 2016

Very basic, but that's the point. A good review of the capabilities of spreadsheets for simulating scenarios with a probabilistic mindset.

By ouafae A

Aug 21, 2016

Introduction to Spreadsheets and Models provides very useful tools in learning how to think with numbers. I highly recommend this course.

By Jorge I L

Dec 29, 2019

I wouldn't recommend it for those already skilled in Excel, but it is a very good course for those starting to use excel for modeling.

By Iryna I

Jul 3, 2017

This is a very useful course. I'd certainly recommend it for those who would like to know more about business modelling in MS Excel.

By 周锐

Jun 7, 2016

The lecture was quite good but some questions of the quiz made me confused, maybe it can be written in a different expression.

By Nicolás I M B

Dec 3, 2017

Pretty useful, it had everything I expected.

Further readings could be added about more complex models in terms of regression.

By Aman K

Jul 17, 2020

Very useful even if you have been already using excel. It helps find out many things we often neglect while building models