Back to Introduction to Spreadsheets and Models

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Spreadsheets and Models by University of Pennsylvania

4.2

The simple spreadsheet is one of the most powerful data analysis tools that exists, and it’s available to almost anyone. Major corporations and small businesses alike use spreadsheet models to determine where key measures of their success are now, and where they are likely to be in the future. But in order to get the most out of a spreadsheet, you have the know-how to use it. This course is designed to give you an introduction to basic spreadsheet tools and formulas so that you can begin harness the power of spreadsheets to map the data you have now and to predict the data you may have in the future. Through short, easy-to-follow demonstrations, you’ll learn how to use Excel or Sheets so that you can begin to build models and decision trees in future courses in this Specialization. Basic familiarity with, and access to, Excel or Sheets is required....

MM
Jun 21, 2017

This course has made me understand cost accounting, has provided a fresh perspective on how to solve some of the challenges i had with management accounting and as a bonus, made me love maths again :)

RJ
Jun 11, 2020

The course is worth the time , the faculty teaches you about some complicated advance formulae with so much clarity and ease that even beginners can be pro in excel related to business and finance.

76 - 100 of 583 Reviews for Introduction to Spreadsheets and Models

By Mounir Z

Dec 29, 2017

Great course with very challenging quizzes. We hoped more explanations about quizzes' answers but nice materials anyway !

By Michael L

Nov 13, 2016

Great course. Could you a video on Excel on Mac, and differences between Sheets and Excel a little earlier on though! ;)

By Fu S

Dec 19, 2017

This course teaches hands-on skills on using excel functions for financial modeling. The functions and concepts are

By Daniel O

Oct 25, 2016

Challenging but very informative could use more in depth examples but appreciated the history lesson on spreadsheets

By Marc O

Jul 30, 2019

Great course. Learned many new formulas and tools that can be implemented in my day to day environment. Thank you!

By Mesa I N

Feb 18, 2019

I gained more capability in excel and give me a new horizon to use it in my work and makes me want to do research.

By Wang Q

Jun 20, 2017

nice for beginner

suggestion:hope all add-on files can be packed into one zip file,which will be easier to download

By Kumar T

Jul 18, 2016

A very important part of the 5 series course. Broadly covers all the important spreadsheet functions and models.

By Raghav A

Feb 8, 2018

Very well explained course. I do wish that the quiz explained the answers after the completion of the course.

By Alejandro d V E

Apr 22, 2020

I really enjoyed and i think it is very helpful to understand better the functions and power of spreadsheets

By Federico V

Oct 14, 2017

Concise yet not short.

Simple yet not easy.

I recommend it even if you have been using Excel for a long time.

By K

Aug 7, 2017

A good fundamental course which provides hands-on learning about what goes on behind some of these models.

By Jonathan G

Jul 12, 2016

Amazing! Packed with so much useful info, that I keep returning to months after completing the course!

By Daniel G d S

Mar 25, 2018

Great course in order to understand methods of problem resolution and how to implement tools in Excel

By Zeming Y

Dec 10, 2017

great course, but maybe more detailed explanation of concepts, also making quiz questions more clear.

By KAVISH K

Nov 1, 2020

Course is very well curated and the quiz tests all the relevant knowledge taught by the professor.

By John R

Aug 31, 2020

Very interesting course. Even though I would have prefered to have more much actual life examples.

By Lucas C M d A

Oct 27, 2016

Mais um excelente curso oferecido pela Universidade de Wharton - Pennsylvania. Recomendo a todos.

By Mohammad I A

Jan 2, 2017

I really liked the Excel tools Professor Don used. The material covered was very useful as well.

By nathan r

May 29, 2019

Pretty decent course. If I had to do this over again I would take course 2 first then course 1.

By Viviana R

Oct 18, 2020

It was what I was expecting. I have discovered some useful tools to use in my current role.

By Reiner A B

Aug 28, 2017

Gostei muito do curso, dos vídeos, realmente o curso será muito útil para minhas atividades.

By KAROL D N

Sep 24, 2016

very clear examples, relatively slow pace, which allows you to understand and exercise a lot

By Filippo L

Aug 13, 2018

Wonderful guided explanation on how to solve optimization problems with excel/google sheets

By Михаил Е

May 8, 2020

Nice introduction to essential MS Excel (Google Sheets) functions. Good for summarise.