Back to Introduction to Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Marketing by University of Pennsylvania

Taught by three of Wharton's top faculty in the marketing department, consistently ranked as the #1 marketing department in the world, this course covers three core topics in customer loyalty: branding, customer centricity, and practical, go-to-market strategies. You’ll learn key principles in - Branding: brand equity is one of the key elements of keeping customers in a dynamic world in which new startups are emerging constantly. - Customer centricity: not synonymous with customer service, customer centricity starts with customer focus and need-gathering. - Go-to-market strategies: understand the drivers that influence customers and see how these are implemented prior to making an investment. Complete this course as part of Wharton's Business Foundations Specialization, and you'll have the opportunity to take the Capstone Project and prepare a strategic analysis and proposed solution to a real business challenge from Wharton-governed companies like Shazam and SnapDeal or to a challenge faced by your own company or organization. Wharton-trained staff will evaluate the top submissions, and leadership teams at Shazam and SnapDeal will review the highest scoring projects prepared for their companies....

AS
Apr 29, 2021

Learnt a lot of concepts in marketing that were hiding in plain sight. I want to thank all the professors who were part of making this course and Wharton online for making this accessible to everyone.

MK
Dec 10, 2015

Great! I am taking the course with almost no experience in this area. Really enjoyed this class and learned a lot. A lot of practical examples which helped me to understand all the parts. Thank you!

376 - 400 of 2,131 Reviews for Introduction to Marketing

By Debdulal K

May 4, 2020

Brilliant course with intensive course materials. Professors were so overwhelming to deliver the best of the world in the course that it took to a newer height of excellence.

By Fatema S

Jul 10, 2016

This course was very insightful and provided lots of examples that related to real-life business situations. My understanding of marketing principles has grown exponentially!

By Jio P D

Jun 9, 2016

Content is excellent, teaching material is very interesting, and the 3 professors are real experts. Recommended for all those interested in a solid introduction to Marketing.

By 林基震

Jul 11, 2017

As a a beginner, I found the content and materials from this course is really clear and straightforward. I would like to recommend it to who is also interested on Marketing.

By Russell C

Sep 14, 2016

I found the course content relevant, informative and overall the course was done very well. The information was of a high caliber and one could tell that the professors wer

By David F

Dec 27, 2015

Excellent class. Well thought out, informative theoretical and practical lessons bring the concept of Marketing to life for me. I highly recommend people take this class.

By Ritesh A

Feb 16, 2021

Best for someone who has no prior knowledge of marketing. Ms Barbara Kahn is very good in teaching! I really enjoyed her & professor Raju's lectures. Thank you professors!

By Maria J V R

Jun 28, 2020

I have enjoyed this course very much. Before following it I had no basic knowledge of Marketing, I have learnt a lot and has discovered me an incredibly interesting world!

By Emily P

Jun 14, 2020

I'm not interested in a career in marketing but this was a very helpful course even in just making me a smarter consumer. Laid out very well with great real life examples!

By william c b

Jun 15, 2019

Exceptional content broken down into simpler terms that are fairly easy to get with somebody who has business experience. A+ for sure. Thanks Coursera for the oppourtunity

By Marion P

Feb 17, 2016

A true beginners' class, which is great. Professors are knowledgeable and keep you engaged. Content is clear, quizzes improved learning. Great course, highly recommend it.

By Marcos B

Jul 15, 2021

One of the best teachers I've ever had. One of the courses with the most relevant content, and also one of the most difficult for me. But in the end, it was all worth it!

By Farman A

May 8, 2020

highly recommended course..because of the faculty. coursera provides us a platform to upgrade skills.

thank you coursera, and wharton school of university of pennsylvania.

By Akshay S

Feb 19, 2018

I love that the course was more than, just an INTRODUCTION. It inspired me to dig a little deeper, beyond the course material. More than definitely worth the time spent.

By IVAN L

Dec 20, 2015

This is the Course that everyone interested in doing business should take irrespective of your background. I feel am ready to apply all that I have learnt in this Course

By Abdul R F

May 31, 2021

Due to this course, I used the skills which I learn from it. I'm really happy to get this course and by it I understand what CLV, CRM and so on mean in Marketing areas.

By Kunal K

Oct 15, 2020

Coursera is one of the top most brand who provide online course and that certification of course which is done by Coursera is to much valuable when you sit in the MNCs

By Yuqi L

Apr 13, 2020

I love this class! It is very insightful and helps me better understand marketing. It would be more convenient if the slides of the class are available on the Internet.

By Olga S

Mar 26, 2020

Working in marketing industry letting me get down to the basics and theories which would be useful for sure for me at work. Highly recommend for any marketing employee.

By Hassan S A

Jul 25, 2016

Personally it was a very interesting course with a lot to learn about marketing and one step to widen my understanding and knowledge about how business is being handled

By Frank L

Oct 22, 2020

A very well balanced introduction to many relevant theoretical and practical concepts. Full of examples and transferable knowledge that can be used in ones daily work.

By Kasuntha M

Sep 16, 2020

Great course to get some detailed overview regarding marketing and basics of it. Thanks for all three lecturers for the immense support provided throughout the course.

By Anand D

Apr 29, 2020

This course helped to think, correct my perspectives and rethink the approaches towards understanding the markets : theoretically by case-studies and uniques examples.

By Aniruddh K

Apr 20, 2020

Really a good course for beginners who are looking for marketing career prospects/MBA. Covers basics and somewhat introduction to what to expect from a marketing role.

By Xavier N

Jan 12, 2018

A very good introduction! It presents a number of interesting concepts that you can later delve into. Branding and Customer Centricity were really interesting to me.