Back to Introduction to Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Marketing by University of Pennsylvania

Taught by three of Wharton's top faculty in the marketing department, consistently ranked as the #1 marketing department in the world, this course covers three core topics in customer loyalty: branding, customer centricity, and practical, go-to-market strategies. You’ll learn key principles in - Branding: brand equity is one of the key elements of keeping customers in a dynamic world in which new startups are emerging constantly. - Customer centricity: not synonymous with customer service, customer centricity starts with customer focus and need-gathering. - Go-to-market strategies: understand the drivers that influence customers and see how these are implemented prior to making an investment. Complete this course as part of Wharton's Business Foundations Specialization, and you'll have the opportunity to take the Capstone Project and prepare a strategic analysis and proposed solution to a real business challenge from Wharton-governed companies like Shazam and SnapDeal or to a challenge faced by your own company or organization. Wharton-trained staff will evaluate the top submissions, and leadership teams at Shazam and SnapDeal will review the highest scoring projects prepared for their companies....

AT
Jun 8, 2017

This course enhanced my perspective, I took it parallel to my ongoing courese, the cases discussed in this module helped me to analyse the application of various marketing concepts. Thanks a lot...!

AT
Dec 2, 2015

Learned a lot of things in this course. Have already started changing the way I think about pricing in my current position. I hope we get the opportunity to apply these concepts in Capstone project.

1676 - 1700 of 2,003 Reviews for Introduction to Marketing

By mahsa m

Apr 23, 2020

I enjoyed taking the course and learned a lot on marketing topics. However, topics that have reviewed in Week 3 were somehow difficult to understand and after watching them again I didn't completely understand the financial topics.

By Jocelyn C H Y

Jun 14, 2020

I feel very useful and enlighten my mind which related with my work. I like the price elasticity part, customer centric VS product centric and also brand positioning part.

Thanks all 3 lectures for the fruitful notes and sharing.

By Aashay Z

May 17, 2019

The teachers were very enthusiastic while teaching which made the process of learning more fun!I really love that they covered almost all the aspects of marketing which can be useful..whether you are a beginner or a professional.

By Panagiotis V G

Jun 14, 2020

Great content, very interesting and good easy to understand professors. Not giving the presentation slides or any kind of takeaways notes, made keeping notes and advancing a nightmare. Took significantly more time than expected.

By Irza S

Jan 28, 2021

This course has all the tools needed to know for the marketing beginner. However, the week 4 lessons are bit rushing. The concept of types of taglines is unclear. Other then that, this course is excellent. I will recommend it.

By Ashley

Jan 20, 2021

I really enjoyed the first 2 instructors but I had a very difficult time following along with the 3rd person. His accent is very thick and hard to understand and follow along. read most of it as it was easier to understand

By Asia S

May 15, 2017

Very great lectures. Had some trouble with wrong quiz answers compared to what was taught. Also has problems with the connection sometimes it would go in and out of picture. Used same internet. Most times it worked great!

By Jennifer T

Jan 21, 2021

Very good, engaging and informative presentations. The third quiz was weird- the language in the questions didn't match the language used in the video, that was confusing. Overall, I enjoyed the course and learned a lot.

By Hernando E

Apr 22, 2020

The course was informative, and the pace of information presented was very good.

I would have preferred a bit more specific feedback for my incorrect responses on the quizzes.

Overall a good and worthwhile use of my time.

By Mansoor H

Oct 27, 2018

it's really an interesting course. had cleared my vision of marketing and what it is.

had a lot of good incites. specially week 3-4 :

i hopped that i will learning something help me with advertising. and i did..........

By Robyn K

Jan 29, 2019

Good introduction. Some of the lectures were a bit complex to follow and not explained too clearly, while others, the lecturer rambled on about irrelevant stories. Generally speaking though it was a good course.

By Jonah R

Jun 3, 2020

This course provided great foundational information, but I would have liked there to be a few more activities that actively required me to stop watching and apply the material for more than a couple of minutes.

By Karel S

Mar 28, 2020

I loved the course. The only problem I had was with Week 3, where Profesor Raju felt a bit not-attracted to the topic and he spoke way too much monotone.

Overaly as I mentioned it was fun, dynamic and engaging.

By Andrew H

Mar 1, 2020

Interesting lectures, with a good amount of content. This feels like a good start on the basics of marketing. The quizzes were well written. Many good examples are given from real world brands and scenarios.

By Tim V

Jun 3, 2020

Good course but it felt that some course content was missing or barely mentioned. As an example, the last professor mentioned the 5 C's that the first professor should have explained, but that wasn't the case.

By Victoria M M D

Mar 18, 2018

Really enjoyed this course and I leant a lot. My preferred professor was Professor Khan, she is very good at explaining things. Unfortunately some of the information in Professor Bell's lectures was outdated.

By Anmol T

Mar 4, 2021

This course provides in-depth details in regards to marketing introduction. This course is very helpful for anyone looking to learn basics of Marketing and will to work in a marketing or sales environment.

By Julieta V

Apr 30, 2020

It gave an updated review of marketing since I last studied it, like 10 years ago, with clear concepts , very easy to understand and with lots of examples which made better the application of the concept.

By Aleksa V

Apr 14, 2020

I'm very happy with how this course is set up, specially with how the professors are explaining the things with passion. Only thing which I think it can be better is going into the material more deeply.

By Avnish P

Mar 31, 2020

A good course for beginners with appropriate information on Branding and other important topics related to it.Using some real life examples and good explanation by all the 3 teachers of Wharton School.

By Andressa H B d O

Apr 17, 2016

Excellent professors and depth of discussion, however there should be more additional material for reference and extension. Professor Kahn's sessions were outstanding (objective, fluid and practical).

By Matheus B

Mar 27, 2019

Overall a good introduction to Marketing. Some inconsistencies with regards to quiz questions and actual subjects treated during the course, so that lost a star :-) Otherwise highly recommended.

By Daniel D

Aug 10, 2017

The most comprehensive and professional course of the bundle. The other courses should look to this one for tips on appropriate depth of material, dynamic presentations and presenters, and more.

By Youra A

Feb 11, 2021

I think the course is great overall, but the length of the videos can be somewhat vary all the time. It wold have been nicer if the theme and the videos are organized more in a consistent way.

By thanushree k

Jul 12, 2020

This course was very informative and helpful on the basic of understanding the ground structure of marketing but its little bit heavy on the theoretical aspect or else its well worth the time