Back to Introduction to Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Marketing by University of Pennsylvania

Taught by three of Wharton's top faculty in the marketing department, consistently ranked as the #1 marketing department in the world, this course covers three core topics in customer loyalty: branding, customer centricity, and practical, go-to-market strategies. You’ll learn key principles in - Branding: brand equity is one of the key elements of keeping customers in a dynamic world in which new startups are emerging constantly. - Customer centricity: not synonymous with customer service, customer centricity starts with customer focus and need-gathering. - Go-to-market strategies: understand the drivers that influence customers and see how these are implemented prior to making an investment. Complete this course as part of Wharton's Business Foundations Specialization, and you'll have the opportunity to take the Capstone Project and prepare a strategic analysis and proposed solution to a real business challenge from Wharton-governed companies like Shazam and SnapDeal or to a challenge faced by your own company or organization. Wharton-trained staff will evaluate the top submissions, and leadership teams at Shazam and SnapDeal will review the highest scoring projects prepared for their companies....

MK

Dec 11, 2015

Great! I am taking the course with almost no experience in this area. Really enjoyed this class and learned a lot. A lot of practical examples which helped me to understand all the parts. Thank you!

AT

Jun 09, 2017

This course enhanced my perspective, I took it parallel to my ongoing courese, the cases discussed in this module helped me to analyse the application of various marketing concepts. Thanks a lot...!

201 - 225 of 1,882 Reviews for Introduction to Marketing

By George d A S

Sep 20, 2020

Curso incrível, obtive novos conhecimento em Marketing e com certeza estes novos conhecimentos me ajudarão na minha carreira profissional, agradeço muito ao Coursera a oportunidade de estudar estes conteúdos em uma universidade tão conceituada.

By Carlos Z R

Jan 07, 2020

It is an excellent course! The instructors prepared with the high quality that distinguishes the University of Pennsylvania. Enriched with many readings, recommendations and videos. A lot of experience available to everyone. Highly recommended.

By Diane Z

Jul 13, 2020

I loved this course! All the instructors had very interesting and well-executed presentations that I really loved watching. Even as a high school student, the course felt straightforward and easy to understand. I would definitely recommend it!

By keshav k p

Apr 28, 2020

it's a great course to know how the market structure works. as being from engineering background it was quiet interesting to learn about different marketing strategy. and I'd just like to thank to all the professors for their amazing insights.

By Laura D

May 22, 2016

Concise course covering core topics, with a good mix of fun applied psychology and drier business theory. All three professors are clear, engaging, and watchable. Excellent course and I look forward to taking part in Wharton's other offerings!

By Sahar B R

Jun 15, 2019

Thank you Coursera for this big opportunity. The course helped me in my first steps in Marketing, especially understanding the fundamentals and the theory behind, and now I am advancing more confidently asthe Marketing Manager of my startup.

By Oscar E S

Jul 23, 2018

Great updated view in the Marketing field, applicable to big corporations and smaller start-ups getting into the market. It was clear to me that most of the marketing aspects of a business where covered with mastery and great communication.

By Anurag S

Nov 13, 2016

The content is top notch, though mostly focussed on examples from the modern IT or eCommerce companies. Content is also a subset of a more comprehensive set of lectures, but all of it is very good as expected from a B-school of this caliber.

By Nurshatjan S

Apr 03, 2020

I really enjoy this course, I had the same courses two years back in my school but the professor did not explain some content very well, with this one offered by Wharton, the quality is very high and you can learn a lot through this course.

By Ahmed A A

Mar 14, 2019

awesome course , I really learned a lot from this course and gained so many skills in marketing.

Moreover it allowed me to understand the concept of marketing and how the STP is being obtained.

Thank you so much for this outstanding course !

By Priyank G

Jan 14, 2017

The course introduced me to the world of Marketing and made a base for me to rely on whether talking to anyone knowledgeable in the field of marketing. To whoever looking to learn basics of brand management, I would recommend this course.

By Rohan K

Jul 24, 2020

What an incredible course. I had the best time being a part of this program. Filled about two books worth of notes. Supremely insightful and fun course. Thank you for accepting my financial aid application and giving me this opportunity.

By Alex M

Dec 30, 2017

A great introduction course, it covers a lot of concepts in an easy-to-access fashion. This perhaps makes the structure loose, but on the positive the courses are memorable, and very relevant in the context of the Wharton specialisation.

By 施倩倩

Sep 17, 2017

This course is really amazing, and I learn a lot of interesting case during this period. I will highly recommend my friends to take this course. In addition, I hope the professors could add more reading material to extend the knowledge.

By Hervé M

Great insights into the purpose of marketing within an organization. Coming from an R&D background, I never really understood how marketing worked, other than thinking it was synonymous with advertising. This was a really great course!

By Yash M

Jun 07, 2017

The professors explained and elaborated every thing related to subject very clearly and briefly. I liked the course very much and will definately refer to my friends. I from the depth of my heart appreciate the efforts of the lecturers

By Rafiq Z

Apr 10, 2017

I love the fact that you can download the lectures and also that you provide the text so you can read it while professor is talking. Also the fact that professor stays on screen the entire time makes you feel more like the class room.

By Abhishek B

Feb 14, 2017

Prof. Fader is a genius. His interpretation and composition of the markets and his explanations are simple, precise and accurate.

His interpretation of Customer centric approach will sure help me in my thinking and growth in my company.

By Elizabeth C

Jul 10, 2020

Working in Retail Management I was pleasantly familiar with many of the core concepts of this course but was able to expand my knowledge in a way that had me think differently in customer acquisition and pricing strategies! Very nice!

By Atharva B

Amazing Course !!! It covers the basics of marketing and how any company should approach while positioning their brand in open market, Also course covers the changing methodology of operations from product centric to customer centric.

By Stella O

Apr 21, 2020

Thank you for making this course free.The lecturers were detailed and straight to the point,made learning interesting, i was particularly impressed with their ability to relate their points to real businesses with practical examples.

By SANJAY K D

Jun 12, 2018

THE LECTURE IS TRULY HELPFUL IN UNDERSTANDING THE BASIC OF MARKETING. GOOD OPPORTUNITY TO IMPROVE THE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT BRAND MARKETING. IT CAN ALSO BE USED IN THE REAL LIFE APPLICATION OR WORKING AS SALES ASSOCIATE IN ANY ORGANIZATION.

By Vikrant C

Apr 28, 2019

The course was really good and helped in understanding several marketing analytics concepts like calculating Customer lifetime value, lift in sales and many such concepts which will help someone wanting to work in marketing strategy.

By Lauma S

Apr 17, 2016

An excellent course. I learned a lot and it was very interesting. All the marketing concepts are clear and well explained. Professors are great!!! It was nice time sudying for this marketing course while gaining a lot of information.

By Gerrit K

Mar 15, 2016

This was a fantastic introductory course. I learned a lot of new and interesting concepts, as well as understanding some of which I had only had 'dangerous half-knowledge' as the Germans say.

Thanks a lot to the team and to coursera!