Back to Introduction to Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Marketing by University of Pennsylvania

Taught by three of Wharton's top faculty in the marketing department, consistently ranked as the #1 marketing department in the world, this course covers three core topics in customer loyalty: branding, customer centricity, and practical, go-to-market strategies. You’ll learn key principles in - Branding: brand equity is one of the key elements of keeping customers in a dynamic world in which new startups are emerging constantly. - Customer centricity: not synonymous with customer service, customer centricity starts with customer focus and need-gathering. - Go-to-market strategies: understand the drivers that influence customers and see how these are implemented prior to making an investment. Complete this course as part of Wharton's Business Foundations Specialization, and you'll have the opportunity to take the Capstone Project and prepare a strategic analysis and proposed solution to a real business challenge from Wharton-governed companies like Shazam and SnapDeal or to a challenge faced by your own company or organization. Wharton-trained staff will evaluate the top submissions, and leadership teams at Shazam and SnapDeal will review the highest scoring projects prepared for their companies....

MK
Dec 10, 2015

Great! I am taking the course with almost no experience in this area. Really enjoyed this class and learned a lot. A lot of practical examples which helped me to understand all the parts. Thank you!

AT
Dec 2, 2015

Learned a lot of things in this course. Have already started changing the way I think about pricing in my current position. I hope we get the opportunity to apply these concepts in Capstone project.

276 - 300 of 2,004 Reviews for Introduction to Marketing

By Nanyi M

Jul 19, 2019

Amazing course. I learned a lot of things that I will be able to use for my professional development and entrepreneurship in just about any project I decide to launch. This course was worth the time and money.

By Yihchia T

Mar 29, 2020

I like the examples being set by the lecturers which make the theories so much easier to understand. For working people who lack fundamentals of Marketing basics, this is a good course you can try to pick up.

By Alexandros D

Feb 5, 2020

Very enlightening course, introduced the basic concepts of marketing, keeping a balance between a great course structure and theoretical background combined with excellent current market insights. Thank you.

By Carrie H C

May 27, 2016

The best lecture ever! As an entire newbie to the marketing world, I'd like to say that this was very helpful and enjoyable lessons. You can catch all up when following the professors. Totally recommendable!

By Javier S R

Apr 23, 2020

Is amazing how this courser take you in a world you probably even know already, like me. And this is just an introduction! I'm wondering about all the things can be made with more knowledge about Marketing.

By Richelle C E

Apr 1, 2019

As someone with a chemical engineering background in an FMCG company, it really helped me see a bigger perspective about the business. It also gave me an idea on how should I start my own business or brand.

By Saket B

Jul 17, 2017

Amazing Course gives you insight into how marketing works in real world and how to overcome the obstacles .A big thanks to all the 3 instructors they are genuinely good. Thanks for the course. i enjoyed it.

By Sovan K

Jun 24, 2017

Professor Fader was amazing. I now apply concepts of customer centricity to my ventures and is a core part of my marketing strategy. I achieve greater heights the more i delve into using data for marketing.

By Dorcas P

Sep 1, 2019

ME GUSTA BASTANTE ESTE CURSO, YA QUE PODEMOS APRENDER MAS, REALIZAR VARIAS TAREAS O CUESTIONARIOS PARA EJERCITAR NUESTRA MENTE Y SABER QUE FUE LO QUE APRENDIMOS...

YO APRENDÍ MUCHÍSIMO GRACIAS A ESTE CURSO.

By Alessio P

Nov 11, 2017

A lot of material presented clearly and very well. Great study material and references during the course.

Terrific value for money compared with similar online courses from other platforms and institutions.

By Christopher N J

Mar 29, 2017

Great course that makes you aware of other ways to view/position a business from a marketing perspective. Has a strong emphasis on the current trend of promoting and operating a customer centric business.

By Hesham

Mar 13, 2016

I love it, but I wish an Arabic subtitle for they have poor English, and that's my mail if you want any help in ( promoting the course when you translate it into Arabic Language ) - heshammoh80@gmail.com -

By juweriyyah

Sep 29, 2020

From basics to getting master at it, this course has made my mind open to various virtues of business management. The case studies discussed here are very helpful to connect and think from various points.

By Belle L

Very informative and interesting!

I think the concept taught here is very practical. It is amazed me how many companies still suffering from the focus of mass instead of the most critical customer target.

By Vanessa R d L

Mar 22, 2021

O curso de Introdução ao Marketing é o melhor que vi até hoje no mercado. É simples, mas é rico em conteúdo de qualidade, sem dúvidas valeu muito a pena e pude aprender muitos conceitos que não conhecia.

By Tabrez B

Sep 17, 2020

Enjoyed every aspect of the course which includes Tutors, Rich Contents, Subject depth, Presentation, Test Questions. The entire course made me think, ponder and relate to marketing elements. Good Job.

By Angel L K

Aug 18, 2019

Great Introduction to Marketing course taught by top Wharton School of University of Pennsylvania professors that I wouldn't have been able to experience without Coursera. I highly recommend this course.

By Abhijat S

Feb 18, 2018

The best lectures I have ever attended. One can have a deep understanding of Branding, Product & Customer centric market, marketing strategies , by attending this course. I am grateful to the Professors.

By Thảo Q N

Nov 14, 2020

This course gives me not only useful knowledge in Marketing but also inspiration to engage more in this field. I feel much more confident after learning this course and I'm ready to join the workforce.

By Kate D

Feb 6, 2018

This was an in depth view of modern marketing. It's helpful for those trying to stay ahead of the curve. I really enjoyed listening to the different professors and all the real life examples they gave.

By Amirabbas S

Jun 8, 2016

this is what i was exactly looking for. each part of it is like Gold Mine. through the course i found the best solutions for different clients and i guess it is not just foundation, it is more than it.

By Manju K

Feb 22, 2019

if of all i want to take this opportunity to thank all my lecturer for their knowledge

and time they have give to me

i really appreciate it i pray that i will do more to achieve my goal

By Michael A

Mar 22, 2016

This course was excellent - the professors were incredible as well as the subject material. I felt I learned a comparable amount from this short MOOC vs what I learned in some of my MBA courses!

Mike

By April K

Dec 6, 2015

I am really enjoying this course and the lessons are easy to follow. The instructor gives great examples to sum up each lesson and her explanations really hone in on what marketing actually entails.

By marco t

Feb 1, 2017

You can have a view on the basic points of a marketing strategy: simple, effective, complete. You can listen, learn and if you like convert ideas on direct actions. Knowledge for action it's true.