Back to Introduction to Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Marketing by University of Pennsylvania

Taught by three of Wharton's top faculty in the marketing department, consistently ranked as the #1 marketing department in the world, this course covers three core topics in customer loyalty: branding, customer centricity, and practical, go-to-market strategies. You’ll learn key principles in - Branding: brand equity is one of the key elements of keeping customers in a dynamic world in which new startups are emerging constantly. - Customer centricity: not synonymous with customer service, customer centricity starts with customer focus and need-gathering. - Go-to-market strategies: understand the drivers that influence customers and see how these are implemented prior to making an investment. Complete this course as part of Wharton's Business Foundations Specialization, and you'll have the opportunity to take the Capstone Project and prepare a strategic analysis and proposed solution to a real business challenge from Wharton-governed companies like Shazam and SnapDeal or to a challenge faced by your own company or organization. Wharton-trained staff will evaluate the top submissions, and leadership teams at Shazam and SnapDeal will review the highest scoring projects prepared for their companies....

AS
Apr 29, 2021

Learnt a lot of concepts in marketing that were hiding in plain sight. I want to thank all the professors who were part of making this course and Wharton online for making this accessible to everyone.

AT
Jun 8, 2017

This course enhanced my perspective, I took it parallel to my ongoing courese, the cases discussed in this module helped me to analyse the application of various marketing concepts. Thanks a lot...!

351 - 375 of 2,084 Reviews for Introduction to Marketing

By Clifford H

May 1, 2020

I enjoyed all the sessions of this course. The course was an eye opener on certain concepts and the concepts were easy to grasp. The professors were very practical relatable examples.

By Larry K

Oct 4, 2017

The course overall was good for me to grasp basic understanding of marketing, especially in a way that is different than normal textbook marketing course taught for freshmen students

By RAJPALSINGH I

Oct 31, 2016

Excellent course design, top-notch faculty and peer group made this interactive learning experience so useful. Kudos to the instructors for explaining concepts so swiftly and subtly.

By Kagimu M

Oct 27, 2018

i Highly appreciate and recommend my friends to try out this effective courses on coursera online.I Highly appreciate the coursera marketing course Team for the good work well done.

By Thierry D

Sep 30, 2016

Great videos. Thank you for sharing. The free session is a little trouble as the QCM tests are offered but no way to submit freely so this is frustrating (this decrease the CLV...).

By Peter C

Aug 2, 2020

Great content. Week 3 lecturer was very boring, and paired with tons of content it made that exam difficult. The best professor is Dr. Khan, very clear and very good lecture style!

By Rohan R

Jul 18, 2020

Anyone interested in, or want to make a career in marketing should join this course. The professors are amazingly talented are masters of their domain knowledge.

Thank you Coursera!

By Yash G

Jan 22, 2020

Introduction to marketing by Wharton school is a highly enriched and illustrious course.It helped in building and understanding core concepts of marketing with real life examples.

By Dennis D J

Sep 4, 2018

Engaging, enlightening and very informative. The professors are great, and the courses are well structured. I found it very interesting and applicable to my field (Marketing Data).

By Ankit

Apr 17, 2017

I am new to this domain, and thus the well designed lectures helped me understand the subject better. The professors also gave proper examples to improve the grasping of the topic.

By Nguyễn T

Sep 8, 2017

the course gave a nerd a brief on how to scientifically do the marketing, and update with the current trend in marketing. Highly suggest for people who is quite new to marketing.

By Faris A

Mar 11, 2021

The course opened my mind to various new concepts that I have never thougt of before. It is interesting to realize that businesses make decisions with so many complex variables.

By Pratik P

Feb 24, 2021

This was an amazingly designed module. Precisely introduces the basic principles of marketing. Especially like to mention professor Barbara Kahn. The way she taught was amazing.

By Randall S N

Apr 28, 2020

This was an excellent primer to the world of marketing. I felt that the information on pricing and branding were very useful to entrepreneurs and business-minded professionals.

By Erin B

Nov 1, 2020

Overall, there was so much information packed into this course, and I felt like I learned a lot! I got held up on Week 3 due to length but really enjoyed the whole experience.

By Namita S

Dec 9, 2018

It is totally worth for new beginners, I am grateful to Prof. as she explained difference of marketing tactics with good examples . Really Appreciate the method of explaining.

By Kennedy K

Jul 23, 2021

Wharton University offers the best quality of lectures from a team of world class Lecturers. I highly recommend one to start a course with Wharton University of Pennsylvania.

By Debdulal K

May 4, 2020

Brilliant course with intensive course materials. Professors were so overwhelming to deliver the best of the world in the course that it took to a newer height of excellence.

By Fatema S

Jul 10, 2016

This course was very insightful and provided lots of examples that related to real-life business situations. My understanding of marketing principles has grown exponentially!

By Jio P D

Jun 9, 2016

Content is excellent, teaching material is very interesting, and the 3 professors are real experts. Recommended for all those interested in a solid introduction to Marketing.

By Andy L

Jul 11, 2017

As a a beginner, I found the content and materials from this course is really clear and straightforward. I would like to recommend it to who is also interested on Marketing.

By Russell C

Sep 14, 2016

I found the course content relevant, informative and overall the course was done very well. The information was of a high caliber and one could tell that the professors wer

By David F

Dec 27, 2015

Excellent class. Well thought out, informative theoretical and practical lessons bring the concept of Marketing to life for me. I highly recommend people take this class.

By Ritesh A

Feb 16, 2021

Best for someone who has no prior knowledge of marketing. Ms Barbara Kahn is very good in teaching! I really enjoyed her & professor Raju's lectures. Thank you professors!

By Maria J V R

Jun 28, 2020

I have enjoyed this course very much. Before following it I had no basic knowledge of Marketing, I have learnt a lot and has discovered me an incredibly interesting world!