Back to Introduction to Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Marketing by University of Pennsylvania

Taught by three of Wharton's top faculty in the marketing department, consistently ranked as the #1 marketing department in the world, this course covers three core topics in customer loyalty: branding, customer centricity, and practical, go-to-market strategies. You’ll learn key principles in - Branding: brand equity is one of the key elements of keeping customers in a dynamic world in which new startups are emerging constantly. - Customer centricity: not synonymous with customer service, customer centricity starts with customer focus and need-gathering. - Go-to-market strategies: understand the drivers that influence customers and see how these are implemented prior to making an investment. Complete this course as part of Wharton's Business Foundations Specialization, and you'll have the opportunity to take the Capstone Project and prepare a strategic analysis and proposed solution to a real business challenge from Wharton-governed companies like Shazam and SnapDeal or to a challenge faced by your own company or organization. Wharton-trained staff will evaluate the top submissions, and leadership teams at Shazam and SnapDeal will review the highest scoring projects prepared for their companies....

AT
Jun 8, 2017

This course enhanced my perspective, I took it parallel to my ongoing courese, the cases discussed in this module helped me to analyse the application of various marketing concepts. Thanks a lot...!

AT
Dec 2, 2015

Learned a lot of things in this course. Have already started changing the way I think about pricing in my current position. I hope we get the opportunity to apply these concepts in Capstone project.

126 - 150 of 1,921 Reviews for Introduction to Marketing

By Kaylyn

May 14, 2020

The professors were fantastic. Barbara Kahn was so organized that it made me gasp in excitement to see her reappear in the last segment. So happy to have taken this, really couldn't have asked for better (although, I have little to compare it to as I did not focus on studying business in college). Well done.

By Wang Y

Feb 24, 2020

the logic of the course especially in week 1 is so clear and help me figure out the connections/ differences between the marketing concepts I knew ( which could be confusing). A very good course for start-ups and also for marketers to review the basic and fundamental knowledges to support us for future work.

By Kenneth W

Apr 29, 2020

A refreshing learning experience with the professors providing up-to-date and relevant insights in modern day marketing. I wish there is a way to review your answers after every assessment. Right now, you an only view what you got right or wrong. U can review the other answers if you get the question wrong.

By Panjanan W

Apr 18, 2020

Thank you so much for this valued course.

I don't have any knowledge or experience in Marketing field at all.

After finished course, I have some of marketing knowledge and it is interesting.

I would like to recommend this course if you just start to learn about marketing.

Keep going and have fun with lessons!

By Prashansa T

Apr 23, 2018

Systematic and informative sessions by all of the three professors. The examples and graphs helped catch the insights and crux of the topics in a better way. Being an engineer, diving into the marketing world just got easier with this course. All thanks to the professors and Coursera for this platform.

By Aditya A

May 3, 2018

In summary a must have course for some one seeking to develop a new business or trying to expand the business.The course will help you develop the eye for details of generally ignored but critical components which play a significant role in defining your business.It was an amazing learning experience.

By Lydia L

Aug 1, 2020

It was a wonderful experience to do the course and got to know the insights of Marketing Brand Values. All the 3 professors were too Good and explained very well in detail. I have benefited from the course and I will surely be using my learnings in my practical life and work place. Thank you 🙏🙏🙏

By 杨旭

Oct 26, 2017

As a student who has no knowledge about marketing or business, this is a very good start to get a glimpse of the business world. There are new concepts and ideas to help you understand the stories behind brands and customers, to undertand why they do this and that. Good start for beginner. Thanks.

By Christopher D

Jul 3, 2017

Excellent course. I would make the material a little less academic to due the "no prior business experience" required parameter. Many people from high school, or lower level education may want to take this course, but may find the course exceedingly difficult due to the complexity of some studies.

By Aditi P

Apr 22, 2020

This course is an extensive learning of marketing strategies from basic techniques. I have learnt various ways I have actually been drawn into buying something! The course has many surprising facts which we never really do think about. I am sure this will surely help me in accelerating my career.

By Sam D

Dec 6, 2015

Great intro to Marketing concepts. This class does a nice job of concisely presenting the basics of Marketing, using real-world examples and connecting the ideas to practical applications. As a non-business major with very minimal experience, I found this to be hugely informative and accessible.

By Matei M

May 4, 2020

I appreciate that the modules are updated.

I have seen a difference and up to date examples, versus first time when I started this course 2 years ago. It is very important these days not to have those old examples.

BTW: maybe you replace Toys R Us, as I believe is not such a good example anymore

By Gautam K A

Jul 8, 2017

This was my first course on Marketing. It was great experience, learning new concepts of real world marketing. Moreover, the course was very well explained by faculties. I will recommend such courses to my friends too who are looking to find their career in Marketing. Lastly,Thank you coursera.

By Philip F Z

Jul 22, 2020

I have been involved various forms of marketing/sales for over 50 years, but wanted to examine the real underpinnings of the discipline. It has been very interesting and informative and will be very helpful in rolling out our natural medicine products in the coming months.

Time very well spent.

By Mikael A

Mar 29, 2019

Extremely well done with relevant concepts and excellent professors. I suspect some of the statistics have changed since the development of this course due to the explosion of ecommerce, however the overall review of marketing was exceptional. Thank you for the opportunity to take your course!

By KRISHNA C S

Jul 31, 2020

Excellent introduction to marketing concepts. Huge thanks to Prof Kahn, Fader and Raju for explaining marketing concepts in a simple and easy to understand way. I am in technical field throughout my career and this course enhanced my perception on marketing and helped me appreciate it more.

By 白小白

Feb 9, 2020

Many thanks for Coursera, I learned the fundamental knowledge and principles of marketing, including marketing strategy, branding, pricing, etc.. They are absolutely helpful for my future leaning and working.

It's really awesome meeting the world-leading faculties in Wharton Business School.

By Marlenny A

Dec 7, 2015

Es indescriptible como estos profesores tienen el manejo y la capacidad de enseñar de una manera que trasmiten la información de una forma en la que los estudiantes que tienen acceso a este curso puedan entender, enfocarse y absorber todo el conocimiento que estos nos brindan. Es excelente.

By Stevenson O

Excellent course! I I currently work at an advertising agency as a creative and was looking to boost my marketing knowledge, and this course did just that! A lot of valuable takeaways from this course, highly recommend this course to establish a solid knowledge of marketing fundamentals.

By Shivank S

May 11, 2017

This was my first online certificate course and it has been a very good learning experience! The professors keep the lectures interesting by supplementing them with real life examples and in-lecture quizzes.

A definite recommendation for anyone who is interested in the field of marketing!

By Simin S

Nov 26, 2016

Really Classes! I was learn the Marketing from 0 to the well known, thanks for the Professor's the knowledge, and I will try to learn more about the Marketing, and I also hope more classes in coursera will be present in the website, which can hlep us to improve our skills , thank you!

By Henry A

Feb 21, 2016

This is a great introductory course to the different aspects of marketing from some of the worlds best professors. I would highly recommend taking it if you are look to learn about the different aspects of the craft. The material was engaging and fun. I am very happy that I pursued it.

By Ibrahim K

Oct 14, 2019

This course was exceptional insightful and gave me real world references to lean on. It has also elevated my perception of coursera and Wharton. I will most definitely take more courses on Coursera and might even continue my education more formally via Wharton's other online programs.

By PRIYANKA L

Feb 25, 2016

An excellent introductory course in Marketing. Very comprehensive and relevant for those who seek to know the initial framework of Marketing & Branding. Reference to real companies & the underlying strategies makes the course relevant as real-time applications of theoretical concepts.

By Emir I

Jan 3, 2016

My background is in computer science, and I had very little knowledge about marketing/markets/customers and relation between those and more. Now I know something, still have so much to learn, but this is an awesome start. All professors are excellent, and insightful in their own way.