Back to Introduction to Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Marketing by University of Pennsylvania

Taught by three of Wharton's top faculty in the marketing department, consistently ranked as the #1 marketing department in the world, this course covers three core topics in customer loyalty: branding, customer centricity, and practical, go-to-market strategies. You’ll learn key principles in - Branding: brand equity is one of the key elements of keeping customers in a dynamic world in which new startups are emerging constantly. - Customer centricity: not synonymous with customer service, customer centricity starts with customer focus and need-gathering. - Go-to-market strategies: understand the drivers that influence customers and see how these are implemented prior to making an investment. Complete this course as part of Wharton's Business Foundations Specialization, and you'll have the opportunity to take the Capstone Project and prepare a strategic analysis and proposed solution to a real business challenge from Wharton-governed companies like Shazam and SnapDeal or to a challenge faced by your own company or organization. Wharton-trained staff will evaluate the top submissions, and leadership teams at Shazam and SnapDeal will review the highest scoring projects prepared for their companies....

AS
Apr 29, 2021

Learnt a lot of concepts in marketing that were hiding in plain sight. I want to thank all the professors who were part of making this course and Wharton online for making this accessible to everyone.

MK
Dec 10, 2015

Great! I am taking the course with almost no experience in this area. Really enjoyed this class and learned a lot. A lot of practical examples which helped me to understand all the parts. Thank you!

151 - 175 of 2,134 Reviews for Introduction to Marketing

By Philip F Z

Jul 22, 2020

I have been involved various forms of marketing/sales for over 50 years, but wanted to examine the real underpinnings of the discipline. It has been very interesting and informative and will be very helpful in rolling out our natural medicine products in the coming months.

Time very well spent.

By Mikael A

Mar 29, 2019

Extremely well done with relevant concepts and excellent professors. I suspect some of the statistics have changed since the development of this course due to the explosion of ecommerce, however the overall review of marketing was exceptional. Thank you for the opportunity to take your course!

By KRISHNA C S

Jul 31, 2020

Excellent introduction to marketing concepts. Huge thanks to Prof Kahn, Fader and Raju for explaining marketing concepts in a simple and easy to understand way. I am in technical field throughout my career and this course enhanced my perception on marketing and helped me appreciate it more.

By 白小白

Feb 9, 2020

Many thanks for Coursera, I learned the fundamental knowledge and principles of marketing, including marketing strategy, branding, pricing, etc.. They are absolutely helpful for my future leaning and working.

It's really awesome meeting the world-leading faculties in Wharton Business School.

By Marlenny A

Dec 7, 2015

Es indescriptible como estos profesores tienen el manejo y la capacidad de enseñar de una manera que trasmiten la información de una forma en la que los estudiantes que tienen acceso a este curso puedan entender, enfocarse y absorber todo el conocimiento que estos nos brindan. Es excelente.

By Stevenson O

Excellent course! I I currently work at an advertising agency as a creative and was looking to boost my marketing knowledge, and this course did just that! A lot of valuable takeaways from this course, highly recommend this course to establish a solid knowledge of marketing fundamentals.

By Shivank S

May 11, 2017

This was my first online certificate course and it has been a very good learning experience! The professors keep the lectures interesting by supplementing them with real life examples and in-lecture quizzes.

A definite recommendation for anyone who is interested in the field of marketing!

By Simin S

Nov 26, 2016

Really Classes! I was learn the Marketing from 0 to the well known, thanks for the Professor's the knowledge, and I will try to learn more about the Marketing, and I also hope more classes in coursera will be present in the website, which can hlep us to improve our skills , thank you!

By Henry A

Feb 21, 2016

This is a great introductory course to the different aspects of marketing from some of the worlds best professors. I would highly recommend taking it if you are look to learn about the different aspects of the craft. The material was engaging and fun. I am very happy that I pursued it.

By Shradha I

Sep 13, 2021

Really loved this course. All three professors are so knowledgable, that most of the theories are explained with easy to relate examples that helps you understands the basics of Marketing. Branding was my favourite segment and Prof Kahn made the whole section really easy to remember.

By IK G E

Oct 14, 2019

This course was exceptional insightful and gave me real world references to lean on. It has also elevated my perception of coursera and Wharton. I will most definitely take more courses on Coursera and might even continue my education more formally via Wharton's other online programs.

By PRIYANKA L

Feb 25, 2016

An excellent introductory course in Marketing. Very comprehensive and relevant for those who seek to know the initial framework of Marketing & Branding. Reference to real companies & the underlying strategies makes the course relevant as real-time applications of theoretical concepts.

By Thuy T

Jul 26, 2021

An excellent course that helps me tremendously understand how marketing works in business. As a junior data analyst, understanding the concept of marketing and its application in real world context is the key to my success at work, thanks to the awesome team of professors at Wharton!

By Emir I

Jan 3, 2016

My background is in computer science, and I had very little knowledge about marketing/markets/customers and relation between those and more. Now I know something, still have so much to learn, but this is an awesome start. All professors are excellent, and insightful in their own way.

By erfan a

Nov 5, 2018

It is a very useful and practical course and I can use of it's insights and knowledge in my job and our future business.

and if we can have more engagement and give you more ideas (like the packaging idea) as some tournaments, it can be better and more useful for you and us

By Jofran P D

Apr 15, 2018

This is my first time taking a Marketing course and I really enjoyed it. The way the professors talk in their videos is very clear and really makes you stay engaged with the topic. Plenty of examples are given too. Make sure to take plenty of notes since videos are dense in content!

By Pedro L V d l R

Aug 26, 2020

This course is absolutely worth it. It is a great introduction not just to marketing but also to business in general. You learn so much that you want to continue without stopping. I highly recommend this course to anyone, no matter if you have any interest or knowledge in business.

By Sugeily R L

Feb 22, 2020

I have learned so much. Looking to change in career and starting my second Master's, but in Marketing Analytics and Insights, it has given me a better understanding and the importance of marketing in an organization, start-up, and non-profits. I would love anyone to try the course.

By Ryan D

Jun 29, 2020

For someone who has never really taken a business course before, I majored in Communications and Theater, this course served as a great introduction. I thoroughly enjoyed the lectures by all three professors and felt each one brought something unique and insightful to the table.

By Ryan I C

Apr 16, 2020

I was indeed a good topic especially for new marketers. Its further widen my knowledge and understanding on how the market goes and what are the things to consider in doing brand messaging and positioning of the brand to the market. I also learned how important the customer is.

By Alfonsus U

May 14, 2017

Very insightful and example-based to avoid ambiguity. I do recommend it. I do recommend trying to connect the material to real-world cases often (for students). Your mentors, I think, have done a great job at doing so but it does take involvement, as is other business subjects.

By Salma A

May 23, 2020

The course was very good in real, I enjoyed most of the parts, the only thing I wanna say is that some definitions weren't familiar to me so it was not that easy to understand each and every part, but in general the course was really great. thanks for the excellent experience.

By Tushar G

Apr 22, 2018

Very engaging and interesting course. The instructors keep the energy maintained and deliver the content in very easy to understand language with appropriate real life examples. This course has increased my interest in studying more business and management courses on Coursera.

By Keerthi S

Mar 21, 2017

It was a wonderful experience, being taught by such experienced and extremely knowledgeable faculty. This is definitely a value addition to my personality and learning. Very clear video, content and language. Thoroughly enjoyed learning! Thank you so much for the opportunity!

By Rohit B

Oct 21, 2021

amazing course learnt a lot about marketing from scratch and learned the strategies that is no where explained in the world thank you professor barbara you build a foundation for me to learn more and get in depth to know more about marketing and apply these in the real life