Back to Operations Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Operations Analytics by University of Pennsylvania

This course is designed to impact the way you think about transforming data into better decisions. Recent extraordinary improvements in data-collecting technologies have changed the way firms make informed and effective business decisions. The course on operations analytics, taught by three of Wharton’s leading experts, focuses on how the data can be used to profitably match supply with demand in various business settings. In this course, you will learn how to model future demand uncertainties, how to predict the outcomes of competing policy choices and how to choose the best course of action in the face of risk. The course will introduce frameworks and ideas that provide insights into a spectrum of real-world business challenges, will teach you methods and software available for tackling these challenges quantitatively as well as the issues involved in gathering the relevant data. This course is appropriate for beginners and business professionals with no prior analytics experience....

EW
Apr 26, 2020

Excellente course. Very challenging especially for beginners. The motivation to achieve my final goal of reinventing myself professionally, makes every challenge a welcome experience. Thanks Coursera!

GC
Jul 1, 2020

Operations Analytics helps me to understand how to solve Newsvendor problem by statisti, forecast SUK and predict the seasonal performance. Great lessions and thanks so much for the three Instructors!

76 - 100 of 845 Reviews for Operations Analytics

By Raghunandan R

Sep 20, 2018

The course is perfectly structured in a flow which help the person taking the the course to easily understand the concepts. The faculty taking the course explains the concepts in manner which is easily understandable by the student.

By Mithun

Apr 3, 2019

The love that I am working towards this certificate but I also hope that the knowledge here will help me solve for complex industry problems in the real world. Leads on material should be provided as add on to this course material.

By Gavin C

Nov 17, 2015

Well paced, professional and practical. Using Excel for the demonstrations allowed the tutors to focus on the statistical fundamentals behind analytics. An excellent grounding for students who want to dive deeper into the subject.

By Navid S

Aug 14, 2019

Very hands-on and easy to understand course. The sessions are broken down very sequentially so that you actually can understand what you learned previously and build on them in the next sessions. Very handy excel skills as well.

By Jose M

Aug 21, 2016

AMAZING COURSE!! It really help to understand and change my view on certain aspects which I was not aware off. The lectures and lecturers are fantastic and very good providing the explanations to all the concepts 10 out of 10!!!

By Mr R

Dec 1, 2016

Out of the three instructors I found Mr. Sergei & Mr. Noah very great at teaching their part where as the introduction instructor needs some improvement such as instead of reading slides try explain it with practical examples!

By Prateek B

Jul 13, 2020

The professors were amazing. it was an amazing experience for me. I learned a lot and it was valuable as well. I am sure that this will help me build a CV for a better career. A must-do course for every Operations enthusiast.

By 刘峰

Mar 14, 2019

Many thanks to the professor for his knowledge and practical teaching of digital analysis and decision support in the operational process. Let me apply these skills not only in theory but also in practical work. Thanks again!

By María A S R

Jan 19, 2019

Buen contenido. Me hizo ver las matemáticas desde otra óptica, mucho más utilitaria y aterrizada.

También me sirvió para hacer un par de forecast de trabajo. Espero seguir haciendo un uso práctico del contenido.

Muchas gracias

By Sunny G

Jun 4, 2017

Course was very well explained. Professors were very specific and cared to explain every relevant possibility of a given problem. It makes you much better in simulation, optimization, and decision tree tools, specifically.

By pratik k

Jun 16, 2018

i really enjoyed this course . i have done 3 courses in coursera and this on is the best way in terms of what teachers explained the concepts. optional videos and problem practices are really very helpful to buld concepts

By Maria M G

May 22, 2020

I loved this course, the professors are great, they explained with detail, the reviews are awesome and the homework challenging.

At the end of the course I felt confident that I can use Excel special tools comfortably.

By Jophin M

May 15, 2017

This is a very helpful course with a lot of thought gone into the design. The course design and especially the assignments/quiz are surely better than the Customer Analytics program offered by Wharton here on Coursera.

By Mario F

May 24, 2016

Well structures course with good insights on Operational Analysitcs. The files were and resouces provided were very useful and helpful in learning.Highly recommend this course for those in the area of Business Analytics

By Aisy A

Jul 5, 2020

this course is very useful, it will broaden the horizons, the understanding of the material will get deeper and the material will be delivered lightly and with easy language so that it is easy to be absorbed, thank you

By Mustafa A A

Sep 18, 2019

I really enjoyed this course. The instructors were brilliant. The way they explained each of the principles with examples was simply amazing. It was extremely easy to comprehend. Please keep up this excellent offering.

By Mangesh S R

Oct 4, 2020

I like the courses by Wharton,

The tests aren't as easy as other University's course exams.

Also, the teaching standards and material provided are top class, making it a must-do course for the people in this domain.

By Blake P

Sep 24, 2017

Great informative class. Professors are clear, and obviously, very intelligent. I gained so much from this course and would recommend this to any business owners or someone looking to enter the operations field.

By shuichi a

Jan 21, 2016

Great course! Great Content!

I gained deeper understanding on applications of statistics after this course.

However, I expected deeper and more specialized knowledge (optimization and modeling) in future courses.

By Kattia C

Dec 8, 2019

OMG! These people explain with human language! Thank you!! I learned soooo much and understood how to figure out real life problems using Excel functions but most important Why we are using that. Thank you!!!

By Nicole D

Oct 29, 2017

This course was great for me as I wanted to gain a further education on analysis, planning and distribution within the my field of Manufacturing management. Thanks Wharton, great course with great teachers.

By Lai K C

Feb 11, 2016

All the instructors have taken great care in providing detailed and step-by-step methods/instructions/guidance for using and constructing models with spreadsheet that are useful to the real business world.

By Patrick O

Nov 5, 2018

It was a really good course, I feel I learned a lot that I can apply immediately to my work. The examples were realistic enough to be interesting, and I liked the coming back to the newsvendor at the end.

By Przemyslaw N

Apr 19, 2017

Very good explanation of various techniques and solutions for analysing different options. For me, who is completely beginner in this field course was great chance to challenge my abilities and knowledge.

By Guowei C