Back to Operations Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Operations Analytics by University of Pennsylvania

This course is designed to impact the way you think about transforming data into better decisions. Recent extraordinary improvements in data-collecting technologies have changed the way firms make informed and effective business decisions. The course on operations analytics, taught by three of Wharton’s leading experts, focuses on how the data can be used to profitably match supply with demand in various business settings. In this course, you will learn how to model future demand uncertainties, how to predict the outcomes of competing policy choices and how to choose the best course of action in the face of risk. The course will introduce frameworks and ideas that provide insights into a spectrum of real-world business challenges, will teach you methods and software available for tackling these challenges quantitatively as well as the issues involved in gathering the relevant data. This course is appropriate for beginners and business professionals with no prior analytics experience....

EW
Apr 26, 2020

Excellente course. Very challenging especially for beginners. The motivation to achieve my final goal of reinventing myself professionally, makes every challenge a welcome experience. Thanks Coursera!

GC
Jul 1, 2020

Operations Analytics helps me to understand how to solve Newsvendor problem by statisti, forecast SUK and predict the seasonal performance. Great lessions and thanks so much for the three Instructors!

101 - 125 of 886 Reviews for Operations Analytics

By Selma E

Mar 18, 2021

Even though the first week was hard, the rest of the weeks went smoothly and it was definitely an interesting and enjoyable learning journey. My heartfelt gratitude to my professors for making this happen!

By Lai K C

Feb 12, 2016

All the instructors have taken great care in providing detailed and step-by-step methods/instructions/guidance for using and constructing models with spreadsheet that are useful to the real business world.

By Patrick O

Nov 5, 2018

It was a really good course, I feel I learned a lot that I can apply immediately to my work. The examples were realistic enough to be interesting, and I liked the coming back to the newsvendor at the end.

By Przemek N

Apr 19, 2017

Very good explanation of various techniques and solutions for analysing different options. For me, who is completely beginner in this field course was great chance to challenge my abilities and knowledge.

By alex c

Jul 2, 2020

By Egbert W

Apr 27, 2020

By SUSHANT A B

Apr 13, 2020

Course delivery, material , work sheet is excellent , I enjoyed throughout course , I had excellent learning for optimization , decision tree, simulation which will help me in my professional career.

By Pavlos K

Oct 12, 2019

An exceptionally organized course with sufficient examples, it provides an in depth analysis of the concepts introduced (optimization, decision trees, forecasting, simulations) and of the tools used.

By Jeremy H J

Aug 11, 2016

This module is really good for those of us who need to plan strategically ahead. It helps answer a lot of questions that business leaders will grapple with as they try to look ahead in the business.

By Siddharth G

Feb 21, 2016

This course was a definite improvement from the Customer Analytics course. All three instructors were on point. A special mention for you Sergei. Your portions were the most fun to explore. Thanks.

By Ron K

Jun 21, 2021

This Operations Analytics was a great course and the teachers were very explanatory in presenting the curriculum. I feel this course will add valuable skills to my business analytics experience.

By Gerald H C

Sep 16, 2018

The topics is very much related to what I'm doing and I'm surprised that this course leads me to unchartered territory that brings me a lot of ways on how to solve day to day operations problem.

By Jyothi-Raghav J

Jan 30, 2018

Very useful and very informative. Loved the predictive and prescriptive part of this learning. Good knowledge to get into more advanced learning. Much much better than customer analytics course.

By saransh

May 5, 2019

Awesome course on operations analytics. Great learning tools in MS Excel which i did not know exist. Solver was a discovery. Decision trees are also interesting. I love the news vendor problem.

By Siddharth

May 20, 2019

It was a good course, and was very informative and educational for someone with no prior experience in Business analytics. The techniques for optimization and simulation were very interesting!

By TING H T

Mar 28, 2018

If you want to learn how to do operation optimization, how to use simulation to make operation decision, and want to learn basic demand forecasting techniques, this course is suitable for you.

By Kaustubh C D

Mar 16, 2019

The practical approach of teaching with the help of ms excel makes us understand the problem in much better way. I feel much more confident now with tips & tricks I learn through this course.

By Shuhan C

Sep 6, 2019

Really enjoyed this course with not only learned the knowledge of operations analytics but also some excel tools I've never used or learned before. Great explanation on details in each week!

By Hemant S

Jul 12, 2016

This course is awesome... the teachers are the best I have ever seen. You will love. Can't stop learning when you start this course. Thank you Teachers... you made a great at learning again.

By Lily S

Dec 5, 2020

Useful skills and clear instructions on how to use Excel to solve problems!

The problems are too simple for a math background student, but can still learn a lot by implementations in Excel.

By Mohammed T T

Jul 13, 2019

I have learnt a lot from this course I really love the mode at which all the lecturers used in explaining the topics and session. These had made me create more edge ahead of my colleagues.

By Katie M

Jan 14, 2018

I loved this course. Having access to the spreadsheets so as I could walk through the processes along with the lectures was awesome. It enabled me to retain the information better as well.

By MANOJ K

Feb 8, 2016

I was expecting a lot from this course. from basic to advanced and more of fundamentals. this course should be floated as full specialization rather than as a part of other specialization.

By Prasad C

Jun 30, 2020

The course is very nicely organized. Course focuses on the true concepts and does not make you spend time on mundane calculations. If you know the quantitative math, calculations are fun.

By Mart A S M

Apr 19, 2020

The course is really well-delivered. I appreciate how the professors made the lessons really understandable. I do not have any business background but I managed well. Thank you so much!