Back to People Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for People Analytics by University of Pennsylvania

People analytics is a data-driven approach to managing people at work. For the first time in history, business leaders can make decisions about their people based on deep analysis of data rather than the traditional methods of personal relationships, decision making based on experience, and risk avoidance. In this brand new course, three of Wharton’s top professors, all pioneers in the field of people analytics, will explore the state-of-the-art techniques used to recruit and retain great people, and demonstrate how these techniques are used at cutting-edge companies. They’ll explain how data and sophisticated analysis is brought to bear on people-related issues, such as recruiting, performance evaluation, leadership, hiring and promotion, job design, compensation, and collaboration. This course is an introduction to the theory of people analytics, and is not intended to prepare learners to perform complex talent management data analysis. By the end of this course, you’ll understand how and when hard data is used to make soft-skill decisions about hiring and talent development, so that you can position yourself as a strategic partner in your company’s talent management decisions. This course is intended to introduced you to Organizations flourish when the people who work in them flourish. Analytics can help make both happen. This course in People Analytics is designed to help you flourish in your career, too....

AA

Dec 22, 2018

Thank you so much for this very helpful module! I hope you continue to inspire HR professionals around the world to use HR Analytics as an important means to drive organizational-related decisions.

PN

Jul 28, 2017

This is a very well defined course to give a very good start to the knowledge of People Analytics. The professors have brought in numerous examples to make the understanding of analytics better.

26 - 50 of 547 Reviews for People Analytics

By Thomas G S

Feb 27, 2019

Excellent, clear course on the vital area of People Analytics. Examples are handy to get a good understanding. I would have liked them to include a few more links to resources about how to set up certain statistical studies.

By Joaquín C M

Feb 26, 2019

This course is very interesting. You can became agile in using some concepts such as talent management, hiring analytics o collaboration improvement, all given with easy to understand chats and lectures.

By 刘峰

Mar 03, 2019

Very good analytical course, I have a very intuitive understanding of human resources analysis and employee analysis. At the same time, I also realized that there may be misunderstandings in the previous decisions and a deep understanding of the model between employee communication. Thanks to the wonderful knowledge brought by the professor!

By Dennis D J

Mar 03, 2019

Great course with engaging content and professors!

By Anastasia K

Mar 11, 2019

Great content and information + presentation

By Rangga I P

Mar 11, 2019

This course take me to the next level of thinking and advance my spesialization

By Ajay K N K

Mar 12, 2019

This course covers 3 important modules of People analytics. I liked the content, delivery and the assignments. Very informative and applicable in nature. I thank Coursera and the University for having such course made for us.

By Paula B

Mar 13, 2019

Muy útil y deja muchos desafíos por delante.

By David P

Mar 13, 2019

This course renewed my appreciation for the field of Human Resources. Years ago I wrote a paper suggesting a formal requirement for a "Human Capital Balance Sheet" be established alongside the traditional financial balance sheet and income statement. It's interesting that in electronics we perform "circuit analysis" as a design parameter to manage load and efficiency parameters but for years in management we did not see the value of a similar analysis of communication and loading in "human circuits." Organizational Network Analysis corrects a blindness suffered and overlooked in the review process for the past century. Now with technology, we are able to harness data to correct this blindness, as if Peter Drucker and Edwards Demming met for the first time and co-invented processes to advance the data of human capital management. Data allows the blending of X and Y theory by nullifying much bias and fallacy which survived on pre-ONA blindness. This course revealed so much insight into the value added by new methods based on legitimate, describable statistical and mapping visuals not economically available until now. I could see ONA used BEFORE selecting a new ERP system or required for companies undergoing rapid growth...and so on. I would like to see a second course based on the actual statistical packages and the mapping software actually used to accomplish and use the methods described in "People Analytics." Remember: information is like electricity, it follows a path!

By Elijah P

Mar 15, 2019

This was my first Coursera course and I loved it! I have decided to pursue a career in HR / People Analytics / Database Administration and this course was my first step. I feel like I have a good understanding now on where I should look for more study material.

By Daniel C

Mar 18, 2019

It is an amazing course and professor are very talented!

By Roberto L L

Mar 07, 2019

An excellent course, it introduce us to the wide and developping world of analytics for management people at work whic is driven data. It wisely advice about common mistakes and draft a route to add value to organizations.

By Sapna J

Mar 07, 2019

Good course to create a base on how analytics helps to plan people management activities. Must have insight for all Human Resource professionals!

By Manasvee M K

Dec 28, 2018

great

By Adebanji O

Dec 14, 2018

This is a timely course which really focuses on progressive approaches to managing and getting the best out of employees. I had a good time guys!

By Erjona S

Dec 01, 2018

Great course that offers great insights. I've been working in HR for 5 years and this course helped me think from a completely different point of view! Definitely worth my time and effort!

By Kaustubh C D

Mar 20, 2019

I learn the broad understating of people analytics through this course. Also different ways of people management & how we can improve it over time.

By Srinivasan V

Aug 07, 2018

Some really fantastic insights! Down to earth real life examples and issues were discussed which helped grasp the subject very easily

By Muhammad A J

Aug 12, 2018

Excellent course, expert faculty

very well designed, definitely would have taken lot of time in designing the course

By Shradha S

Jul 19, 2018

amazing! learnt alot

By Ganesh P

Jul 22, 2018

very interesting analysis of people. Especially talent vs chance. Key personal take aways are organization network mapping. A big thanks for all the 3 professors for the slow and steady phase of lecturing the course which helps in understanding each and every statement and leaves a profound remembrance of key aspects.

By Vanessa C V M

Jul 22, 2018

Very good introduction into what People Analytics is and why it's important. The instructors are friendly, and the course content is structured well.

By Ferdinand C

Aug 21, 2018

Very useful and interesting findings.

By Corina L

Sep 04, 2018

Many thanks to all the professors that participated in creating and presenting the material of this Course. I appreciate your contribution and your willingness to share valuable information regarding the People Analytics topic.

By N K M