Back to People Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for People Analytics by University of Pennsylvania

People analytics is a data-driven approach to managing people at work. For the first time in history, business leaders can make decisions about their people based on deep analysis of data rather than the traditional methods of personal relationships, decision making based on experience, and risk avoidance. In this brand new course, three of Wharton’s top professors, all pioneers in the field of people analytics, will explore the state-of-the-art techniques used to recruit and retain great people, and demonstrate how these techniques are used at cutting-edge companies. They’ll explain how data and sophisticated analysis is brought to bear on people-related issues, such as recruiting, performance evaluation, leadership, hiring and promotion, job design, compensation, and collaboration. This course is an introduction to the theory of people analytics, and is not intended to prepare learners to perform complex talent management data analysis. By the end of this course, you’ll understand how and when hard data is used to make soft-skill decisions about hiring and talent development, so that you can position yourself as a strategic partner in your company’s talent management decisions. This course is intended to introduced you to Organizations flourish when the people who work in them flourish. Analytics can help make both happen. This course in People Analytics is designed to help you flourish in your career, too....

AA

Dec 22, 2018

Thank you so much for this very helpful module! I hope you continue to inspire HR professionals around the world to use HR Analytics as an important means to drive organizational-related decisions.

PN

Jul 28, 2017

This is a very well defined course to give a very good start to the knowledge of People Analytics. The professors have brought in numerous examples to make the understanding of analytics better.

101 - 125 of 778 Reviews for People Analytics

By George O F

Jan 09, 2020

Very insightful and interesting, lecturers made it very easy to understand. The use of simple real-life examples made it very easy to relate to and highly applicable in real-life situations. Great content!!

By Joaquín C M

Feb 26, 2019

This course is very interesting. You can became agile in using some concepts such as talent management, hiring analytics o collaboration improvement, all given with easy to understand chats and lectures.

By Mohammad A

Jan 08, 2020

This course was a good beginner approach toward understanding human resources impact and way to drive its power toward developing business, for me as a totally beginner it was an awesome course

By Ben C

Dec 15, 2017

Excellent course! I learned more about HR and staffing strategy from this single course than the Human Resource Management specialization from the other university program offered on Coursera.

By Jesus N

Apr 19, 2020

Excellent course as it doesn't only provide perspective of applying analytics to HR processes, but actually goes quite in detail about the principles and methods of statistical applications.

By Belen F

Jun 05, 2019

A clear explanation of how analytics can be used/applied in the different aspects relevant to people management. From selection to development. Pretty well conducted and with clear examples.

By Sarvajit S

Jul 07, 2019

This course helps us to know briefly about the analytics that is used in the organization concerning its employees for their appropriate performance evaluation, staffing, and collaboration.

By Patricia V

Jun 04, 2019

Professores excelentes, conteúdo com casos e várias leituras adicionais para complementar o entendimento. Estou encantada e muito animada para me aprofundar ainda mais neste tema! Obrigada!

By SRIDHAR K

May 08, 2020

A very valuable course to understand the importance of People analytics. Good learning for me. Really enjoyed doing it. Overall the lecture plan and the way it was presented was very good.

By Adrian P J

Mar 27, 2020

It was a very informative course covering different aspects of Hiring, staffing, selection and analytics with respect to the different temperament and personality and performance of people

By Erjona S

Dec 01, 2018

Great course that offers great insights. I've been working in HR for 5 years and this course helped me think from a completely different point of view! Definitely worth my time and effort!

By MANOJ K

Feb 08, 2016

I was expecting a lot from this course. from basic to advanced and more of fundamentals. this course should be floated as full specialization rather than as a part of other specialization.

By Barry P

Oct 24, 2016

Thank you for the insights, presenting a difficult topic with clarity, and helping me to grow personally and with the startups I'm now working with, to build just slighter stronger teams.

By Hemant K V

Mar 01, 2020

Great learning --- How to manage , developing and retaining talent, improving performance with new measures and developing agile working culture.

Many Thanks to Wharton and Course era !!

By Attilio L

May 23, 2020

Just perfect! Very encouraging. I will continuing forging my professional path and this was my first step into the People Analytics world! Hope to see the teachers often in the future!

By 泓原 藍

Aug 02, 2019

This course fostered me to think more about HR analysis!! What we should notice when doing HR analysis, and what what can we do to make the value by HR analysis, also how we can do it!

By abhijit s

Feb 13, 2018

great great learning about talent managment and performance review...very ratiolan and how we can keep biasis out of our recrutment , performance evaluation and managment of people...

By Prithivirajan

Mar 28, 2020

I have started to gain more interest in People Analytics and this course gave me a good exposure into people analytics as introducing me to different spectrum of analytics in HR.

By Carlos J B A

Jun 03, 2019

A rewarding experience because I have been able to learn very valuable information. It is an excellent course. It has helped me in the personal and professional field. Thank you.

By Katariina T

Dec 10, 2016

A very nice introduction to the topic, I very much enjoyed the course. I hope you will launch a follow-up course on how to conduct the analysis or apply these tools in practice!

By karthi

I Learned all the fundamentals of People analytics and how to make Better of the data we had about people. I think this is going to be instrumental in my Journey of Analytics.

By Jimita S

Sep 16, 2019

The course was well structured. Good Instructors - explained the concepts effectively.

One suggestion would be to add a case study at the end of the course for us to work on.

By Sue F

Mar 10, 2016

I found this course to be engaging and informative. The instructors provided real practical ways of using the content in my current profession. The ideas just keep coming.

By Siddharth

Jun 24, 2019

It's a great course if you wish to gain insights into analytics without any prior knowledge or background (that was the case with me and my experience is absolutely great!)