Back to People Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for People Analytics by University of Pennsylvania

People analytics is a data-driven approach to managing people at work. For the first time in history, business leaders can make decisions about their people based on deep analysis of data rather than the traditional methods of personal relationships, decision making based on experience, and risk avoidance. In this brand new course, three of Wharton’s top professors, all pioneers in the field of people analytics, will explore the state-of-the-art techniques used to recruit and retain great people, and demonstrate how these techniques are used at cutting-edge companies. They’ll explain how data and sophisticated analysis is brought to bear on people-related issues, such as recruiting, performance evaluation, leadership, hiring and promotion, job design, compensation, and collaboration. This course is an introduction to the theory of people analytics, and is not intended to prepare learners to perform complex talent management data analysis. By the end of this course, you’ll understand how and when hard data is used to make soft-skill decisions about hiring and talent development, so that you can position yourself as a strategic partner in your company’s talent management decisions. This course is intended to introduced you to Organizations flourish when the people who work in them flourish. Analytics can help make both happen. This course in People Analytics is designed to help you flourish in your career, too....

AA

Dec 22, 2018

Thank you so much for this very helpful module! I hope you continue to inspire HR professionals around the world to use HR Analytics as an important means to drive organizational-related decisions.

PN

Jul 28, 2017

This is a very well defined course to give a very good start to the knowledge of People Analytics. The professors have brought in numerous examples to make the understanding of analytics better.

176 - 200 of 545 Reviews for People Analytics

By SAMPATT K

Aug 13, 2017

Very effective course

By Irene R d T

Dec 01, 2017

Really a new perspective of HR processes, specifically Performance management which is really key in organizations

By LIM Z J

Dec 24, 2017

Not a fan of NFL.

By edwin j m j

Dec 17, 2015

this course is great

By Hans H

Jan 03, 2016

Good summary of what that new "field" is about

By Shelley D

Dec 20, 2016

An outstanding course with really stimulating and insightful lectures on how people analytics matters, especially in the age of everything going digital and perceptional. With roles of technology platying a larger role in the way people work, connect, and interact, as well as how businesses operate, it makes sense to revisit our perceptions and reassess their validity. Development matters over selection and assessment!

By Prem P

Jun 27, 2017

It is a must learn course for all those who intend to pursue people analytics in near future. This is not an for Experts. All those who wish to build some foundation in Analytics; this course is a must. This course has helped me re-look PMS, TM and TA from multiple dimensions. This course will help you learn other online analytics courses faster.

By Kelly M

Jun 29, 2018

This is a phenomenal introductory course to People Analytics for anyone who is interested in learning more about the field. The professors are incredibly knowledgeable and engaging in their lectures. The content is well structured and makes accessible what can very challenging concepts to grasp.

By Jose A M

Feb 25, 2016

This course explores the possibilities of expanding the HR impact on organizations using analytics. Very well done

By Michael c

Apr 03, 2017

Great course and was on par with the Wharton standard.

By Jingxia P

Dec 31, 2015

Maths deductions lacks a little bit, other than that, everything is perfect! New insights that some of them I never think about.

By Daniel V

Dec 18, 2015

Extremely valuable introduction to People Analytics. It has inspired me to go back and revise my knowledge of statistics and investigate further what methods my company uses when evaluating personnel. Highly recommended

By Liang C

Apr 10, 2016

Excellent

By Suyash K

Aug 15, 2017

I thank all the professors for these valuable insights.

By Ezzat

Nov 21, 2016

It was an extraordinary privilege to take this course. I liked the professors so much. Each of whom has his own rhythm of delivering information. I am very thankful for their effort and their valuable contributions that they have made for their audience. I just want them to grant more chances for seekers like myself to get the certificate for free wherein, I am not able to pay the expenses of it. I am from Egypt and when I tried to collect money to pay, the Egyptian pound has devalued against the dollar so, it's really expensive to pay. I will very grateful if you released for me the certificate as per my financial position that is broken totally, but otherwise the overall course was great I will rate it as 5 and will share the content with whom are concerned. Thanks

By BAMBANG S

Dec 29, 2015

Excellent course! I joined the course with low expectation, however I was surprised on the amount and usefulness of the information and techniques. I surely can apply some of them in my daily work and career.

By Laurentiu B

Dec 10, 2015

G

By Prashant S

Jun 23, 2017

Excellent Course!! The only thing I missed was some practice exercise simulating real world problems.

By Romy T

Feb 23, 2017

I particularly enjoyed the emphasis on cognitive biases and our need to take a step back when evaluating individuals for performance review.

By Meleek H

Jun 12, 2016

This course was both challenging and interesting. Forcing me to challenge what I though i knew and think outside the box. Then introduced a whole base of new ideas and material which will allow me to apply this new skill to my role and think differently about things.

By Alex M

Jan 06, 2018

Really interesting content and the professors have a friendly and agreeable manner in presenting all of it. Great work!

By Liz N

Jun 12, 2016

Thank you for the wonderful insight! The lessons and learning is worth it and applicable for an in-house recruiter like me.

By Shanyin T

Mar 18, 2017

Real helpful course especially for individuals who are in HR field or interested in becoming a better leaders, team players. Professors incorporated data analytics into human talent management!

By Roman B