Back to Fundamentals of Quantitative Modeling

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Quantitative Modeling by University of Pennsylvania

How can you put data to work for you? Specifically, how can numbers in a spreadsheet tell us about present and past business activities, and how can we use them to forecast the future? The answer is in building quantitative models, and this course is designed to help you understand the fundamentals of this critical, foundational, business skill. Through a series of short lectures, demonstrations, and assignments, you’ll learn the key ideas and process of quantitative modeling so that you can begin to create your own models for your own business or enterprise. By the end of this course, you will have seen a variety of practical commonly used quantitative models as well as the building blocks that will allow you to start structuring your own models. These building blocks will be put to use in the other courses in this Specialization....

AP

Jun 16, 2019

Very clear and articulate explanation of the concepts. He doesn't skip a step in the sequencing ideas, drawing comparisons and differences, and illustrating both visually and story-telling. Excellent.

NC

Jul 31, 2019

Very nice course for beginner, the mathematic level is not high (around french baccalaureat) so available to everyone. I enjoyed a lot this course that show how simple math can be used in real life.

226 - 250 of 784 Reviews for Fundamentals of Quantitative Modeling

By peter a

Jun 08, 2017

Excellent, clear presentation. One would be well advised to know pre-calc beforehand. This would be a more complete course if multiple math exercises were offered as well as more detail about the math formulas. But the concepts are well presented, and one can still pass the tests without being a total 'math-head'. The transcripts of the lectures could really use editing.....really!

By Dhiraj M

Mar 13, 2018

Really helpful course

By Vishal M

May 20, 2016

REALLY INSIGHTFUL

By Sanjeev B

Jan 19, 2018

Great course for people who have little knowledge/experience in modeling

By Nguyễn N P N

Mar 12, 2017

Easy to understand and provide good theories

By Kyohei O

Sep 09, 2016

Great introduction to basics of quant modeling

By James B

Mar 21, 2016

Very insightful and challenging.

By Arabia D

May 15, 2016

Great information!

By Ibrahim B

Jan 20, 2018

Very well taught and effective course. Thank you!

By Mahimn B

Sep 09, 2017

The course is great and gives a very good basic understanding of quantitative models

By Bhaskar

Jun 27, 2016

C

By Vedika M

Aug 06, 2017

I really liked the course but then I am having a few doubts plus I really want to interact with the professor if that is possible.

By Patrick K

Feb 17, 2018

Many thanks for an impressive course delivery! Great use of graphics, examples and spot--on explanations. Dr Waterman breaks down the concepts (which have a rather discouraging sound to them) into little bits which a rookie in maths and statistics like myself can chew and digest.

By Priyanka S

Mar 19, 2018

Concepts were made so ease to understand

By Hristo D

Mar 01, 2016

The course was very useful in introducing me to the basic concepts of modelling. I am now familiar with the necessary vocabulary to participate in conversations about modelling. It also refreshed my intuition on the basic mathematical functions. Most interesting part was the steps I have to follow when I want to construct a particular model in order to help me in answering questions about a business process.I also found out that this is a continuous process and usually I might not construct good one from the first time. I am looking forward to the next stages and so far I would definitely recommend it to my friends!

By Sylvie K

Apr 21, 2016

very clear and well designed course. excellent teacher

By George L

May 12, 2016

Fabulous foundation course. Strikes a balance between assuming no previous knowledge and challenging the learner with some deeper concepts.

By Kritsana

Feb 09, 2016

Pretty awesome!!!

By Digvijay

Nov 08, 2017

Truly fantastic! Great way of content delivery. Very helpful in understanding the fundamentals of QM.

By Enio Q

Mar 06, 2016

Very informative!

By Santosh J

Jan 12, 2018

The concepts have been very well explained and thank you Professor Waterman.

I wished if you had given us some practical examples to solve.

By Aditya J

Dec 30, 2017

Best online Course in Financial Modelling !

By Roderick B

Mar 13, 2016

Very insightful and excellent explanation by the videos.

By Kumar T

Jul 18, 2016

nicely thought and concepts well explained.

By Rowena L

May 09, 2018

Professor is engaging and explains well, which is very important! Some are just such a bore I just fall asleep. Wish there were more details and demonstration on modelling.