Back to Fundamentals of Quantitative Modeling

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Quantitative Modeling by University of Pennsylvania

How can you put data to work for you? Specifically, how can numbers in a spreadsheet tell us about present and past business activities, and how can we use them to forecast the future? The answer is in building quantitative models, and this course is designed to help you understand the fundamentals of this critical, foundational, business skill. Through a series of short lectures, demonstrations, and assignments, you’ll learn the key ideas and process of quantitative modeling so that you can begin to create your own models for your own business or enterprise. By the end of this course, you will have seen a variety of practical commonly used quantitative models as well as the building blocks that will allow you to start structuring your own models. These building blocks will be put to use in the other courses in this Specialization....

AP

Jun 16, 2019

Very clear and articulate explanation of the concepts. He doesn't skip a step in the sequencing ideas, drawing comparisons and differences, and illustrating both visually and story-telling. Excellent.

NC

Jul 31, 2019

Very nice course for beginner, the mathematic level is not high (around french baccalaureat) so available to everyone. I enjoyed a lot this course that show how simple math can be used in real life.

26 - 50 of 787 Reviews for Fundamentals of Quantitative Modeling

By Aarij A

Jul 06, 2019

the course is mere naming of concepts used in modeling with no actual way of learning how to practise the things taught in the course :(

By Fernando N

Dec 13, 2018

As the name of the course states, we went through the fundamentals of quantitative modeling. I come from an Economics background, so the course was not very challenging but the quality of the course is very high and I do see how other people with no background in business/finance/economics could immensely benefit from it.

By Mohit M

Nov 30, 2018

This course has provided me a great knowledge regardinhg Mathamatical functions. Has helped me to polish my skills and is a great stepping stone to my main target the Capstone

By Mesa I N

Dec 18, 2018

I obtained additional knowledge about this material. By learning online, I can have enough dynamic time to dig deeper without interfering with my work activities.

By Ivan D A G

Dec 20, 2018

Gracias por permitirme tomar este curso, ha sido de gran ayuda para complementar mis conocimientos financieros y en especial conocer como se estructuran los modelos financieros desde identificar la data hasta optimizar el modelo/función. Me servirá para trabajar en optimizaciones de procesos de negocio.

By Mayra B

Dec 04, 2018

Muy educativo y bastante dinámica, te brinda toda la base de modelos cuantitativos

By Saeed A

Dec 27, 2018

The instructor explains it very well. For a person who had basic stats knowledge, this course has made Quantitative modeling so much fun! Highly recommended!!

By srividhya r i

Jan 13, 2019

This was a very good learning experience for me, I was able to visualise the need for modeling, linear regression, univariate and multi variate. My only feedback is if the course could more numerical problems or how to arrive at R2/RSME numerically. But otherwise, a great course!

By Andrés F L U

Jan 14, 2019

Estuvo excelente, aunque había visto la mayoría en mi curso de pregrado sé que este tema no es para todos y es la base para poder modelar los modelos de aquí en adelante

By Steven B

Jan 01, 2019

Very informative class with no fluff. Previous knowledge of probability and regression is very helpful.

By Catherine Z

Jan 17, 2019

A basic course on quantitative modeling, but provides a big picture and key concepts and models, and clearly presented - a great course.

By POKOU K A

Feb 06, 2019

Very good introduction with good examples.

Thanks

By Pierre-andré P

Feb 07, 2019

basic stuff but well explained

By Mikel P

Mar 20, 2019

As an engineerign student this is not very difficult as I have already taken statistics, but it is very well explained and structured

By Keith G

Mar 19, 2019

Excellent course in the fundamentals of quantitative modeling.

By muskan

Mar 19, 2019

It was a informative course, and expanded knowledge about business models and decisions.

By Gary T

Mar 02, 2019

Loved this course and Professor.

By Yash L

Mar 25, 2019

Its a very basic course on quantitative modeling using very simple techniques based on statistics and can be easily practiced using a spreadsheet software.

By Aditya P

Mar 30, 2019

Increase the detailing

By Ludmila R

Mar 31, 2019

A great course to revise the basics if you don't know where to start.

By Inmaculada M

Feb 09, 2019

genial

By David v D

Feb 08, 2019

Good fundamental course in modeling, very clear explanations by the lecturer

By Burak Ü

Jan 27, 2019

It was one of the best online-courses that I ever had. The things that I learned throughout the course was very beneficial for my job as well.

By Zhongyuan Z

Feb 09, 2019

The course is very awesome. I learned about the fundamentals in this area. Thanks Coursera for providing the course.

By Iris

Jan 30, 2019

easy-learning and helpful, with many examples to deep my understanding of the models