Back to Fundamentals of Quantitative Modeling

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Quantitative Modeling by University of Pennsylvania

How can you put data to work for you? Specifically, how can numbers in a spreadsheet tell us about present and past business activities, and how can we use them to forecast the future? The answer is in building quantitative models, and this course is designed to help you understand the fundamentals of this critical, foundational, business skill. Through a series of short lectures, demonstrations, and assignments, you’ll learn the key ideas and process of quantitative modeling so that you can begin to create your own models for your own business or enterprise. By the end of this course, you will have seen a variety of practical commonly used quantitative models as well as the building blocks that will allow you to start structuring your own models. These building blocks will be put to use in the other courses in this Specialization....

AP
Jun 15, 2019

Very clear and articulate explanation of the concepts. He doesn't skip a step in the sequencing ideas, drawing comparisons and differences, and illustrating both visually and story-telling. Excellent.

S
Nov 30, 2020

for the beginer like me i have experience in banking of 8 years still for me this fundamentals are new specially quantitative modelling.Kindly provide banking related examples in here too.\n\nthanks

1276 - 1300 of 1,301 Reviews for Fundamentals of Quantitative Modeling

By nikhil c

Mar 11, 2017

Its good for the starters but touches very few and very basic concepts. No offense, but the professor could have made it much more interaction by making the better slights he would just read values without even using markers

By Nadine F

May 2, 2020

I love this subject, but the way it was taught here was extremely boring and hard to follow/focus. I took it this class at NYU for grad school (higher level), so I was just looking to refresh and almost died.

By Michael S

Mar 24, 2016

Really superficial overview, I suppose it's good for just familiarizing oneself with assigning the appropriate model, but to shallow for any real carry over to the real world.

By Davide B

May 10, 2016

It is very easy and somehow less impacting on real business problem. I hope this Microdegree will get into some kind of complexity otherwise will remain high school level.

By Savannah B

Jul 1, 2018

If you have taken a statistics course in the past, this course is not super useful besides understanding which models are used for specific business problems.

By Leah M

Mar 31, 2018

Explanations not clear. Difficult to follow equations in slides (variables and equations are not repeated from slide to slide).

By Abhishek T G

Jan 30, 2017

Personally, did not like the pace of the course. The course can be a bit more interesting with real-life case studies.

By Andrey V

Dec 31, 2016

Just the basics. No concrete explanations of models. You have to study them on your own.

Apr 27, 2016

Very basic and the lectures are short in duration. Not what I expected from this course.

By Mohammed A O

Jan 27, 2020

Too difficult for a beginner, lecture fails to reach to the main point directly

By Tasneem N E

Nov 2, 2020

Professor didn't communicate the material in a way that was easy to understand

By Alia s

Apr 27, 2020

at some point it was a little bit complicated for me

By Panagiotis

Oct 25, 2016

A first year undergraduate student can pass this

By Andrea

Jun 28, 2020

Really theoretical and not detailed

By Rob B

May 12, 2016

I do not intend this to be mean, but I could not listen to Richard Waterman. I am British and I understand that Richard was born in the UK but spent a great many years in the US. If he had a BritiI really struggled to listen to him as his accent crosses the Atlantic several times a sentence. I found I couldn't listen to WHAT he was saying because I was so distracted by HOW he was saying it. I am sorry, there is probably nothing that he can do about it and the course looked very interesting but I simply could not bring myself to continue.

By Laura P

Aug 7, 2020

Beware of Coursera and the $49 charges. I found that I am being charged $49 per month for each class that I signed up for. The $49 charges continue FOREVER, long the classes have been completed. When the credit card expired, I was kicked out of the class that I was in the middle of without warning. I am unable to reach anyone at Coursera to attempt to resolve the problems.

By Bryce M

Sep 14, 2020

This is pure statistics, not exactly financial modeling like the course it belongs to. Also, the lecturer speeds through concepts. You should already be familiar with statistics so that you don't have to rely on the speaker's explanations.

By Alex B

Mar 6, 2016

The course is poor. Exams are too easy, video lessons are boring and not engaging. Content is poor too. Did not like the course.

By Matheus V

Jul 11, 2017

I thought that course was more specific. I will expect more applications examples.

By Shaina K

Nov 30, 2017

It's too easy ... I can learn this on google.

By xiaoyan y

Apr 24, 2018

boring, it doesn't like other quants course.

By pierre r

Feb 27, 2019

bof, pas assez concret pour mon travail

By Swaroop k