Back to Managing Social and Human Capital

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing Social and Human Capital by University of Pennsylvania

People are the most valuable asset of any business, but they are also the most unpredictable, and the most difficult asset to manage. And although managing people well is critical to the health of any organization, most managers don't get the training they need to make good management decisions. Now, award-winning authors and renowned management Professors Mike Useem and Peter Cappelli of the Wharton School have designed this course to introduce you to the key elements of managing people. Based on their popular course at Wharton, this course will teach you how to motivate individual performance and design reward systems, how to design jobs and organize work for high performance, how to make good and timely management decisions, and how to design and change your organization’s architecture. By the end of this course, you'll have developed the skills you need to start motivating, organizing, and rewarding people in your organization so that you can thrive as a business and as a social organization....

DM

Oct 20, 2018

Excellent Course. Understanding human behavior is one of the most difficult challenges in an organization. This course describes the challenges well and offers approaches to tackling those challenges.

J

Nov 05, 2019

A fantastic, thought provoking course. Gave us a lot of things to reflect on and be mindful of in different situations in the organization. Thank you Prof Cappelli and Prof Useem. Grateful to you.

101 - 125 of 334 Reviews for Managing Social and Human Capital

By Jennifer C M d S

Jun 23, 2020

Good and really interesting cases to show us the good decisions we can make and what we should never do

By Meredith W

Feb 06, 2019

This course really helped me gain a better foundation on how to manage organizations and individuals!

By David F

Jun 11, 2020

This course was so helpful and thought provoking. I learned so much. I highly recommend this course.

By Pimyupa M

Jun 05, 2020

Really enjoyable teaching style and easy to understand through presentation of real-world scenarios.

By Danny M

Aug 20, 2019

I loved the amount of diverse example that were explained so well, it really gave me a broader view.

By daniela o

Aug 28, 2017

Very interesting course I would definitely recommend this to anyone getting into the business field.

By Lawrence G

Nov 27, 2017

Great course to attend as a refresher regardless of your knowledge base. Would recommend to others.

By Frank-Nelson M

Feb 11, 2020

Insightful course and glad I took it. Some valuable lessons for managing human and social capital.

By Ugonwa C O

I really enjoyed this course and it has definitely helped me in my new role. I learnt a lot! 100%

By Avval S G

Sep 14, 2019

The instructors were too good to explain with real-life examples. A wonderful course to complete.

By Aduaka N I

Apr 11, 2018

I am grateful for this class, it has improved my relationship with people. Aduaka Nwamaka Ifeoma

By John R T

Jun 16, 2019

Fun course. Well taught. Lectures were well done and informative, and loaded with good ideas.

By Joshua D

Quite Insightful. Managing Social and Human Capital is vital to the growth of any enterprise.

By Rafael O

Mar 26, 2018

Excellent course ! Great balance between theory and practice. Great instructors, good cases !

By AM

May 03, 2017

Liked the course a lot - Prof. Mike Useem's lectures are like stories - thats why they work!

By jennifer O D

Sep 28, 2019

Interesting and useful course. Inspired me to keep going with others in the specialization.

By xue l

Nov 14, 2018

thanks , really need this foundamental knowledge before I can understand my SHUMBA course.

By Ben P

May 17, 2017

Great introduction to management for the uninitiated. Watching these lectures is a treat.

By Abhiraj H

May 13, 2019

A very engaging look at managing teams and the handling the various challenges involved.

By Eric R B

Sep 25, 2017

I really enjoyed this course. The material was easily digested and was very interesting.

By JH B

Apr 21, 2020

A nice course which gives us lots of knowledge in social and human capital management.

By Sayo A

Jun 03, 2020

Managing Social and Human Capital was a great course! Very informative and educative.

By Eric H

Feb 04, 2020

Loved it! Great information and incredibly applicable to what I do on a daily basis.

By Aditya h

Oct 21, 2016

Great course ! thoroughly enjoyed the content and examples from various industries

By Arun R

Nov 09, 2016

Excellent course for Management! Thanks to the Professors and their case studies!