Back to Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Success by University of Pennsylvania

Do you want to be more successful? This course was designed to help you define what success means to you, and to develop a plan for achieving it. Wharton Professor G. Richard Shell, an award-winning author and the creator of the popular Wharton School course on the meaning of success, created this course to help you answer the questions that arise when you consider how best to use your life. Drawing on his decades of research and mentoring, Shell offers personalized assessments to help you probe your past, imagine your future, and measure your strengths. He then combines these with the latest scientific insights on everything from self-confidence and happiness to relationships and careers. Throughout, he shares inspiring examples of people who found what they were meant to do by embracing their own true measure of success. Get ready for the journey of a lifetime—one that will help you reevaluate your future and envision success on your own terms. Students and executives say that Richard Shell’s courses and executive training programs have changed their lives. Let this course change yours....

SM

Jun 09, 2020

Excellent course gives you the tools and ideas to think deeply about how you define success and set you on a solid path to achieving your greatest professional and personal success possible.

BW

May 18, 2019

I loved this course! It has been the best one I've taken on Coursera yet. It was an honor to learn from Richard Shell. I think this course can benefit anyone at any point in their life!

76 - 100 of 256 Reviews for Success

By Bryan S C

Aug 08, 2018

I found this class very insightful in my effort to develop the next steps in my career. The exercises were productive and the lectures were thought provoking.

By CHARIF K K

Jun 25, 2018

Great Course, great teacher and a lot of good exercises that really push you to reflect on what success is truly about. I finished this course with a plan.

By Sara S

Mar 20, 2017

Great class! Professor has really interesting life experiences, stories, and activities to help you reflect on your own life and journey towards success.

By sreela m

Jul 17, 2019

It really helped me to recognise the different components of success and practically apply to my life. Help me create a vision that I could work towards

By Dimitria D

Dec 29, 2017

I am in the middle of it and it has already helped me so much! Thank you very much for offering courses like these to people from all over the world!

By Mohamed R G

Oct 24, 2019

I really love this course. i learned a lot about meaningful success and work and i will keep what i learned in this course on my way..

thanks a lot

By Raquel F

Mar 30, 2020

Really glad that i've made this course. It was really important for me to learn something that got me interesting. Thank you Prof.Richard Shells.

By 王若寒

Dec 27, 2016

This is a valuable course. Everybody, successful, unsuccessful, in the pursuit of success, should pause and rethink about what success truly is.

By Regina C G

Sep 22, 2016

The perspective of balance of this course is absolutely how I do see success. Is greatly explained and motivates the student in a very good way.

By Rana M G

Apr 21, 2020

Very organised and well thought course. It was broken down in a way that was easy for me to keep up and understand each emphasised point

By Linda M

Feb 11, 2019

Very interesting and helpful course to pin down what is important for you in order to have a "successful" life. Lots of Aha experiences

By Mahmoud S

Nov 05, 2019

If I can I would give it 10 stars. It is the best course I took in my life by far! You will never be the same person after this course.

By Kalum D S

Jun 11, 2020

This was really a great course and I really enjoyed it. I learned so much from it an I would highly recommend this course to anyone.

By Wentao Y

Feb 27, 2020

Not one of the classes that will teach any technical skills but might change your life by revealing values which you used to ignore.

By Preetie B

Apr 13, 2018

Thanks Dr. Shell, this is a wonderful course and I think every one should take it. Thanks for helping me define success for myself

By Jorge F E M

Apr 23, 2020

A very good and very well explained course, you learn where you are and where you want to go in a very logical way, thank you!

By Karen M

Jul 22, 2020

I found this course fascinating and learned some great things. I particularly learned some really useful things about myself,

By Jessica O

Jul 08, 2017

I genuinely enjoyed this class. I think it helps raise personal awareness and gives deeper insight into the things we value.

By Matilde D d R d S

Apr 06, 2020

Very useful if you feel that you need to found where to go after finishing a degree or when changing a professional career.

By TAHERE G

Jun 30, 2018

It's a wonderful course to make us think of what we really want and have a kind of inner talk to find our standard version.

By Kenneth C

Jul 15, 2020

Very satisfied with this course. If you want to study the meaning of true success, you should consider taking this course.

By George W

Nov 11, 2018

This was a wonderful course. It really helped me define what success means to me and how I kneed to go about achieving it.

By Anjani k

Jun 14, 2020

I am highly thankful for this course. Now i understand the true meaning of success. thanks Professor and coursera team.

By Winnie M

May 13, 2020

The content and exercises in this course are very helpful in reflecting my priorities and redefining my success theory

By Robert G S P

Jan 09, 2019

Really enjoyed this course. I liked this one and the one at Yale as being the best in personal development on coursera