Back to Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Success by University of Pennsylvania

Do you want to be more successful? This course was designed to help you define what success means to you, and to develop a plan for achieving it. Wharton Professor G. Richard Shell, an award-winning author and the creator of the popular Wharton School course on the meaning of success, created this course to help you answer the questions that arise when you consider how best to use your life. Drawing on his decades of research and mentoring, Shell offers personalized assessments to help you probe your past, imagine your future, and measure your strengths. He then combines these with the latest scientific insights on everything from self-confidence and happiness to relationships and careers. Throughout, he shares inspiring examples of people who found what they were meant to do by embracing their own true measure of success. Get ready for the journey of a lifetime—one that will help you reevaluate your future and envision success on your own terms. Students and executives say that Richard Shell’s courses and executive training programs have changed their lives. Let this course change yours....

SM
Jun 8, 2020

Excellent course gives you the tools and ideas to think deeply about how you define success and set you on a solid path to achieving your greatest professional and personal success possible.

CH
Jan 2, 2021

Very enjoyable course - a good balance of video content and assignments. Facilitator was superb with a mix of personal stories and new ideas.\n\nWould recommend it to friends and family.

76 - 100 of 301 Reviews for Success

By Vassilis M

Mar 8, 2021

Truly excellent course. Real wake up to conventional thinking. Professor's Shell teaching was excellent. I strongly recommend this course to every one. I feel very fortunate to having participated on this course.

By Javier B

May 7, 2018

An amazing course develped and provided by Prof. Shell. His insights have been an eye-opener to me regarding what Success should be. I would recommend it to anyone interested in learning a bit more about Success

By R B

Jun 13, 2020

A life-changing course that gave me enormous insights into what really matters in life. I recommend everybody that wants to gain deeper insight into what it means to be successful in life to take this course.

By Debora W

This course is beneficial to all ages! Professor Shell presented an excellent course, and his personal examples showed how applicable the course can be. A growth opportunity worth experiencing! Thank you!

By Benjamin F

Sep 11, 2016

A great course! Professor Shell is calm and articulate, which makes his course that much more transformative. I found renewed motivation and insight in my search for success. Thanks again Professor Shell!

By Pilar G

Jan 7, 2019

It really helped me to sketch next steps in my career, and to understand better what I really want in different aspects of my life. And for the bits I am not so sure about, to figure out a way to explore

By Leona C C Y

Nov 14, 2017

I love this thought-provoking and inspirational success course, it really changed my mind and redefine the success by myself and have built up the own definition of success and find my way to achieve it.

By Dennis C

Sep 15, 2017

This course is one of the best I've ever taken. I've learn so many thing to my self improvement, that I'm a really different person now. Thank you so much for sharing with us all that knowlement .

By SJ M M

Jun 9, 2020

By Chaim H

Jan 3, 2021

Would recommend it to friends and family.

By Chdp

Jan 11, 2017

So helpful and interesting. Thank you so much Richard for sharing knowledge, personal and professional experience and wisdom! I feel very happy, energized, inspired, connected.

By Fernanda F

Sep 10, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and got a lot out of it personally. It helped me to rethink what personal success is and sparked good conversations with my husband. Thank you!

By Rebecca S

Jan 27, 2021

I really enjoyed how the professor pushed us to really look inside ourselves to define what success means. I am definitely more aware of what I want to do with my future.

By Tevin

Nov 15, 2018

Thank you very very very much for sharing all these ideas and inspiration to us.

All the people struggle their lives hard for meaning. And I hope I can also create my own.

By Kristine B

Apr 19, 2020

This course reminded me what is really important. It helped me determine what success means to me and how I can achieve it. One of the best courses I have ever taken.

By Agnese B

Jun 13, 2018

Professor Shell is a great, inspiring and thoughtful person. The subject has been discussed very deeply and comprehensively. Definitely recommended to other learners.

By Mandhir S

Mar 22, 2021

Very nice course. Good for people to understand why to do the things they do, and why they may want to analyze or understand if they need to change what they do.

By Wisam R

Nov 25, 2019

This course is an eye opener. I really love how it is structured and the questions that have been rised up that make you thinking.

Many thx Prof. Shell.

Cheers,

Sam

By Md J B

Jun 18, 2020

The most important and interesting part of this course is the six lives experience, which motivates different ways from the various life experiences and styles.

By Bryan S C

Aug 8, 2018

I found this class very insightful in my effort to develop the next steps in my career. The exercises were productive and the lectures were thought provoking.

By Kawtar C K

Jun 25, 2018

Great Course, great teacher and a lot of good exercises that really push you to reflect on what success is truly about. I finished this course with a plan.

By Sara S

Mar 20, 2017

Great class! Professor has really interesting life experiences, stories, and activities to help you reflect on your own life and journey towards success.

By Sreela M

Jul 17, 2019

It really helped me to recognise the different components of success and practically apply to my life. Help me create a vision that I could work towards

By Dimitria D

Dec 28, 2017

I am in the middle of it and it has already helped me so much! Thank you very much for offering courses like these to people from all over the world!

By Gloria B

Oct 4, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. It gave me a lot new ways to reflect on my own definition of success and reassess my life and future. Thank you!