Back to Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Success by University of Pennsylvania

Do you want to be more successful? This course was designed to help you define what success means to you, and to develop a plan for achieving it. Wharton Professor G. Richard Shell, an award-winning author and the creator of the popular Wharton School course on the meaning of success, created this course to help you answer the questions that arise when you consider how best to use your life. Drawing on his decades of research and mentoring, Shell offers personalized assessments to help you probe your past, imagine your future, and measure your strengths. He then combines these with the latest scientific insights on everything from self-confidence and happiness to relationships and careers. Throughout, he shares inspiring examples of people who found what they were meant to do by embracing their own true measure of success. Get ready for the journey of a lifetime—one that will help you reevaluate your future and envision success on your own terms. Students and executives say that Richard Shell’s courses and executive training programs have changed their lives. Let this course change yours....

SM
Jun 8, 2020

Excellent course gives you the tools and ideas to think deeply about how you define success and set you on a solid path to achieving your greatest professional and personal success possible.

CH
Jan 2, 2021

Very enjoyable course - a good balance of video content and assignments. Facilitator was superb with a mix of personal stories and new ideas.\n\nWould recommend it to friends and family.

101 - 125 of 308 Reviews for Success

By Sreela M

Jul 17, 2019

It really helped me to recognise the different components of success and practically apply to my life. Help me create a vision that I could work towards

By Dimitria D

Dec 28, 2017

I am in the middle of it and it has already helped me so much! Thank you very much for offering courses like these to people from all over the world!

By Gloria B

Oct 4, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. It gave me a lot new ways to reflect on my own definition of success and reassess my life and future. Thank you!

By Sailendhran P

Aug 14, 2020

Great course that helps understand your meaning of success and how to plan and achieve it. Recommended for anyone having doubts what success means

By Mohamed R

Oct 24, 2019

I really love this course. i learned a lot about meaningful success and work and i will keep what i learned in this course on my way..

thanks a lot

By Raquel F

Mar 30, 2020

Really glad that i've made this course. It was really important for me to learn something that got me interesting. Thank you Prof.Richard Shells.

By 王若寒

Dec 26, 2016

This is a valuable course. Everybody, successful, unsuccessful, in the pursuit of success, should pause and rethink about what success truly is.

By Regina C G

Sep 22, 2016

The perspective of balance of this course is absolutely how I do see success. Is greatly explained and motivates the student in a very good way.

By Karen S M

Oct 30, 2020

For me at age 61 & recently laid off, this was a very insightful course. I believe it is one that any one at any age would benefit from taking.

By Rana M G

Apr 20, 2020

Very organised and well thought course. It was broken down in a way that was easy for me to keep up and understand each emphasised point

By Linda M

Feb 11, 2019

Very interesting and helpful course to pin down what is important for you in order to have a "successful" life. Lots of Aha experiences

By Mahmoud S

Nov 5, 2019

If I can I would give it 10 stars. It is the best course I took in my life by far! You will never be the same person after this course.

By Kalum D S

Jun 10, 2020

This was really a great course and I really enjoyed it. I learned so much from it an I would highly recommend this course to anyone.

By Wentao Y

Feb 27, 2020

Not one of the classes that will teach any technical skills but might change your life by revealing values which you used to ignore.

By Preetie B

Apr 13, 2018

Thanks Dr. Shell, this is a wonderful course and I think every one should take it. Thanks for helping me define success for myself

By Jorge F E M

Apr 23, 2020

A very good and very well explained course, you learn where you are and where you want to go in a very logical way, thank you!

By Karen M

Jul 22, 2020

I found this course fascinating and learned some great things. I particularly learned some really useful things about myself,

By Jessica O

Jul 8, 2017

I genuinely enjoyed this class. I think it helps raise personal awareness and gives deeper insight into the things we value.

By Matilde D d R d S

Apr 6, 2020

Very useful if you feel that you need to found where to go after finishing a degree or when changing a professional career.

By TAHERE G

Jun 30, 2018

It's a wonderful course to make us think of what we really want and have a kind of inner talk to find our standard version.

By Kenneth C

Jul 15, 2020

Very satisfied with this course. If you want to study the meaning of true success, you should consider taking this course.

By George W

Nov 11, 2018

This was a wonderful course. It really helped me define what success means to me and how I kneed to go about achieving it.

By Kathy C

Jan 30, 2021

This is the best course I've ever taken, if you judge by the affect it has on your life. I just can't recommend enough.

By Anjani k

Jun 14, 2020

I am highly thankful for this course. Now i understand the true meaning of success. thanks Professor and coursera team.

By Winnie M

May 13, 2020

The content and exercises in this course are very helpful in reflecting my priorities and redefining my success theory