Back to What is Data Science?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for What is Data Science? by IBM

The art of uncovering the insights and trends in data has been around since ancient times. The ancient Egyptians used census data to increase efficiency in tax collection and they accurately predicted the flooding of the Nile river every year. Since then, people working in data science have carved out a unique and distinct field for the work they do. This field is data science. In this course, we will meet some data science practitioners and we will get an overview of what data science is today....

PD
Jul 18, 2018

I thought this course introduced the topic of data science very well. I think I have a much better idea how to describe data science and common terms associated with the field (like machine learning).

SB
Sep 9, 2019

Very learning experience, I am a beginner in DS, but the instructors in this course simplified the contents that made me I could easily understand, tools and materials were very helpful to start with.

8351 - 8375 of 8,655 Reviews for What is Data Science?

By Bernhard M

Jun 1, 2019

basic

By Isak S

Apr 6, 2021

good

By Muhammad N A K

Oct 24, 2020

Good

By Arti k b

Aug 11, 2020

Good

By Sai S L . J

Jul 10, 2020

GOOD

By Jakub K

soso

By Yannick L A

May 8, 2020

Good

By Sudarshan R P

Apr 29, 2020

Good

By Shaojia W

Mar 24, 2020

good

By Ashish D

Dec 22, 2019

Good

By POULOMI S

May 11, 2019

good

By Catherine L

Sep 30, 2019

V

By Joe W

Oct 29, 2019

After working as a data scientist looking to add "credentials" based on these certificates, I didn't learn any new concepts. If you have never heard of data science and are in high school or just starting to learn about the field, this course would be useful. Otherwise, if you already have experience I would recommend against taking this course.