Back to What is Data Science?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for What is Data Science? by IBM

The art of uncovering the insights and trends in data has been around since ancient times. The ancient Egyptians used census data to increase efficiency in tax collection and they accurately predicted the flooding of the Nile river every year. Since then, people working in data science have carved out a unique and distinct field for the work they do. This field is data science. In this course, we will meet some data science practitioners and we will get an overview of what data science is today....

MG

Jun 26, 2020

I throughly enjoyed the course and the fact that everything was explained thoroughly. I always enjoyed Dr. White's personal experience with Data Science as well as other Data Scientists point of view.

SB

Sep 9, 2019

Very learning experience, I am a beginner in DS, but the instructors in this course simplified the contents that made me I could easily understand, tools and materials were very helpful to start with.

9851 - 9875 of 10,000 Reviews for What is Data Science?

By Luis J R

Nov 14, 2020

It is too superficial. It should go deeper into techniques and best practises, even being a non-technical course

By Himanshu P

Sep 7, 2019

It was just as intro to what is data science just definitions but still a good course for introduction purpose.

By Lucas M

Dec 15, 2018

Did not learn very much. Could be more applied and maybe jump into some coding or statistical theory already!

By Modar

Feb 24, 2020

i expected to be more knowledge in the course but it is some kind of introducing lectures more than a course

By Akhil E

May 13, 2019

This course provides an abstract overview of what is data science. Overall a good course but a small course.

By Emad B

May 13, 2020

An "OK" course that provides a very high level of very generally speaking terms of data science / big data.

By Melissa C

Apr 19, 2020

very basic overview- good for those with zero knowledge but redundant for those with even just a tiny bit

By Amit K

Apr 15, 2020

This was extremely basic. we got to learn what we already knew of data science. This was very generic.

Feb 2, 2020

It is just the beginning of a long journey to become a data scientist.

It is very brief and to the point.

By Simon B

Oct 5, 2018

Okay if you are completely new to the area, but doesn't add much new if you have some awareness already.

By Fernando S O

Aug 18, 2021

A bit simple and repetitive. It works as an introduction, but it won't add any value to your knowledge.

By Ebenezer T

Jun 6, 2022

I am impressed by this course because it has really enriched my knowledge of big data ans data scince

By Andre C N d S

Apr 20, 2019

It is a good introduction to Data Science, but in my opinion did not have to be an individual course.

By William H

Dec 1, 2020

This is a very basic introduction, but as it is billed for beginners, that should not be a surprise.

By Manik A

There was only theoretical knowledge. There should be more about the implementation of data science.

By Ryan M

Apr 22, 2020

Fairly redundant while also being informative. It's mostly worth the few hours it takes to complete.

By Anchit S

Nov 3, 2019

I will it is important to have a clear vision on what path you are going to. So yea this was useful.

By Lina L

Oct 25, 2020

I think it would be better if the content is well-organised. Sometimes there exists repeat content.

By Yafei

Oct 31, 2018

This course merely gives an introduction for the Data Science but not teaching any practical skills

By Benoit P D

May 5, 2019

Good motivational course, but not that much proper scientific / analytical / quantitative content.

By George K

May 2, 2019

Nothing that I could've just learned from reading a Wikipedia page on Data Science was introduced.

By Frank M A

Oct 22, 2021

The content is good but the navigation of the website is not very good and is not very intuitive.

By Muskan G

Dec 13, 2019

I think the sir is giving half knowledge about the topic. Like some more explanation is required.

By Mukhamejan B

May 9, 2022

the course itself is good, but I can't get the certificate of it. I'm waiting for it entire day.

By Adrian A

Jan 20, 2022

My only dissapointemnt is not been able tyo get free 6 month extension code to access IBM watson