Back to What is Data Science?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for What is Data Science? by IBM

The art of uncovering the insights and trends in data has been around since ancient times. The ancient Egyptians used census data to increase efficiency in tax collection and they accurately predicted the flooding of the Nile river every year. Since then, people working in data science have carved out a unique and distinct field for the work they do. This field is data science. In this course, we will meet some data science practitioners and we will get an overview of what data science is today....

MG

Jun 26, 2020

I throughly enjoyed the course and the fact that everything was explained thoroughly. I always enjoyed Dr. White's personal experience with Data Science as well as other Data Scientists point of view.

SB

Sep 9, 2019

Very learning experience, I am a beginner in DS, but the instructors in this course simplified the contents that made me I could easily understand, tools and materials were very helpful to start with.

9876 - 9900 of 10,000 Reviews for What is Data Science?

By Kurt B

Sep 26, 2018

That's a good overview about what is Data Science and what we understand about Data Scientist.

By Erica C

Apr 16, 2020

I think this course spends too much time on selling the field of data science to the learner.

By Sajid L

Dec 24, 2019

A little bit of redundant content. Very basic overview no need to spend so much time on it :)

By Sujeet J

Jul 31, 2019

Gives the overview of Data Science and the role of Data Scientist. More of a theory though.

By Shashi d

May 23, 2020

It would be good if we have more of Practical things rather than just the videos and theory

By Mitchell C

Nov 14, 2019

Pretty high level / conceptual. Looking to get into more of the details in the next course.

By Akhilesh A

May 4, 2019

The document attached looks like from 2015. I wish that would have more updated information

By Carlos A G G

Aug 18, 2020

The content is not really extensive and it lacks a bit of detail.

I think it is too simple.

By Ayush G

Sep 10, 2019

It's nice course but the definition of Machine learning and deep learning is not so clear.

By Mahant G

Aug 7, 2021

The course was good for the basic understanding but there was not any programming lessons

By Marija J

Oct 29, 2019

Pretty good course for general intro to Data Science. Tests are not interesting though.

By A P F

Oct 22, 2020

Too much introduction info... I thought it would cover Python or other coding languages

By Sam T

Apr 25, 2019

Good intro but interviews are mostly with students not experienced experts in the field

By Birgit K

Mar 15, 2019

Nice intro, but sometimes a bit too low in competence level with quite some repetitions

By Sarah S

Jun 16, 2022

It was useful introductory information but a bit too slow paced and repetitive for me

By Julian W

Mar 25, 2020

A good introduction, but i wish for more in depth insight of how to analyze the data.

By Nithin J J

Apr 30, 2020

This course seems unnecessary and very Basic , Course just for the sake of a course.

By sainithin a

I liked the subject but it could have been even better with more practical sessions

By Carlos P

Mar 22, 2020

Basic foundamentals about data science. 3 weeks is too long for this 2 days course.

By George T

Sep 18, 2018

The information given in this course could be delivered in significantly less time.

By Jose A D V

Feb 13, 2020

There are many introduction videos, I wanted to jump straight to SQL, R and Python

By Andrés E

Dec 3, 2019

I did not receive the "Data Science Orientation" badge for completing this course.

By Abrham D D

Jun 4, 2022

i have done 100% on what is data science but still i dont get the certeficate why

By Vasudevan S

Jan 9, 2021

more suited for high school graduates than for serious aspirants of data science.

By Vinita A

Apr 12, 2020

The course requires better content such as more use cases and real life examples.