Back to What is Data Science?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for What is Data Science? by IBM

The art of uncovering the insights and trends in data has been around since ancient times. The ancient Egyptians used census data to increase efficiency in tax collection and they accurately predicted the flooding of the Nile river every year. Since then, people working in data science have carved out a unique and distinct field for the work they do. This field is data science. In this course, we will meet some data science practitioners and we will get an overview of what data science is today....

PD
Jul 18, 2018

I thought this course introduced the topic of data science very well. I think I have a much better idea how to describe data science and common terms associated with the field (like machine learning).

MG
Jun 26, 2020

I throughly enjoyed the course and the fact that everything was explained thoroughly. I always enjoyed Dr. White's personal experience with Data Science as well as other Data Scientists point of view.

8351 - 8375 of 8,852 Reviews for What is Data Science?

By Melissa C

Apr 19, 2020

very basic overview- good for those with zero knowledge but redundant for those with even just a tiny bit

By Amit K

Apr 15, 2020

This was extremely basic. we got to learn what we already knew of data science. This was very generic.

Feb 2, 2020

It is just the beginning of a long journey to become a data scientist.

It is very brief and to the point.

By Simon B

Oct 5, 2018

Okay if you are completely new to the area, but doesn't add much new if you have some awareness already.

By Andre C N d S

Apr 20, 2019

It is a good introduction to Data Science, but in my opinion did not have to be an individual course.

By William H

Dec 1, 2020

This is a very basic introduction, but as it is billed for beginners, that should not be a surprise.

By Manik A

There was only theoretical knowledge. There should be more about the implementation of data science.

By Ryan M

Apr 22, 2020

Fairly redundant while also being informative. It's mostly worth the few hours it takes to complete.

By Anchit S

Nov 3, 2019

I will it is important to have a clear vision on what path you are going to. So yea this was useful.

By Lina L

Oct 25, 2020

I think it would be better if the content is well-organised. Sometimes there exists repeat content.

By Yafei

Oct 31, 2018

This course merely gives an introduction for the Data Science but not teaching any practical skills

By Benoit P D

May 5, 2019

Good motivational course, but not that much proper scientific / analytical / quantitative content.

By George K

May 2, 2019

Nothing that I could've just learned from reading a Wikipedia page on Data Science was introduced.

By Muskan G

Dec 13, 2019

I think the sir is giving half knowledge about the topic. Like some more explanation is required.

By Ahmed B

Nov 19, 2019

3 weeks can be summarized in one pdf in the first week of the next course. So long introduction

By Jessica

Jul 8, 2020

Kind of a fluff class but good if you are looking for something to explain the absolute basics

By Phenil B

Mar 31, 2019

The course is too basic. And it has a lot of opinions from a lot of people about Data Science.

By Kurt B

Sep 26, 2018

That's a good overview about what is Data Science and what we understand about Data Scientist.

By Erica C

Apr 16, 2020

I think this course spends too much time on selling the field of data science to the learner.

By Sajid L

Dec 24, 2019

A little bit of redundant content. Very basic overview no need to spend so much time on it :)

By Sujeet J

Jul 31, 2019

Gives the overview of Data Science and the role of Data Scientist. More of a theory though.

By Shashi d

May 23, 2020

It would be good if we have more of Practical things rather than just the videos and theory

By Mitchell C

Nov 14, 2019

Pretty high level / conceptual. Looking to get into more of the details in the next course.

By Akhilesh A

May 4, 2019

The document attached looks like from 2015. I wish that would have more updated information

By Carlos A G G

Aug 18, 2020

The content is not really extensive and it lacks a bit of detail.

I think it is too simple.