Back to What is Data Science?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for What is Data Science? by IBM

The art of uncovering the insights and trends in data has been around since ancient times. The ancient Egyptians used census data to increase efficiency in tax collection and they accurately predicted the flooding of the Nile river every year. Since then, people working in data science have carved out a unique and distinct field for the work they do. This field is data science. In this course, we will meet some data science practitioners and we will get an overview of what data science is today....

BB
Feb 21, 2019

Excellent quality content! It's a great introductory course that really gets you interested in Data Science. I would highly recommend it to anyone curious in learning about what Data Science is about.

SH
Jul 24, 2021

Thank you for this coursera.\n\nI get know experience and knowledge in using different kinds of online tools which are useful and effective. I'll use some of them during my lessons. And lots of thanks

8751 - 8775 of 9,305 Reviews for What is Data Science?

By Decharpol P

Dec 17, 2020

I have learnt many clips but I feel like it was only "What is data sci". All clips I watched just told the meaning not real Data sci

By Mateo L

Feb 20, 2020

I feel like they're trying to sell me the course. these "three weeks" can be completed in a couple of days. it doesn't seem serious.

By Lucas I

Apr 30, 2019

I expected to learn to do things instead of only reading and watching videos. Anyways, I will take the next courses on the program.

By Greg M

Jun 10, 2020

Introductory course, so broadly covers topics. Good introduction for newbies but for experienced people it may be too rudimentary.

By Jaroslaw S

Feb 14, 2020

There is nothing to learn here, that is just general talking about the subject, I can read similar stuff in the internet for free

By Ahmed S

Jul 10, 2021

I've gone through this content before, Unfortunately It's kind of boring in this course, I hope it was more direct to the point.

By Jeremy S

Sep 19, 2018

All fluff, no substance. Interesting / motivating fluff and good if you know nothing about data science, but fluff nonetheless.

By Michel R

Mar 7, 2020

Good introduction about what is the data science field. For someone who doesn't know what is the scope of the data scientist.

By ainara d

Oct 12, 2020

An introductory course (meaning the course gives you general idea about data science but no details or applicable insights).

By ali b

Feb 23, 2019

It's great course. but some reading section's doesn't interesting.

Thank you all students and professors and Coursera team.

By Venkata R K

Nov 2, 2020

Only recommended for starters. Experienced people may skip this part. Suggest the organizers to make this course optional

By Niclas C

Sep 11, 2019

The course gave a bit shallow introduction to data science. I was hoping for more practical training in the needed skills

By conniemojiji

Jul 30, 2019

This course is too theoretical and too slow, I think in the fits chapter should shows us different tools and methodology

By Haruna N

Jun 14, 2019

Can give you a good starting point to understand data science. I was not sure how current the information presented is.

By Adil W

May 23, 2019

It was more towards one perspective about data science instead of proper data science information and theory knowledge

By Laura N

Aug 16, 2021

Didn't feel like very useful knowledge... But on the bright side it takes way less than 2-3 weeks to take the course!

By Ximena N M C

Feb 20, 2020

Very introductory, Unnecessary for someone with some knowledge or previous experience with ML or any data analysis.

By Luis J R

Nov 14, 2020

It is too superficial. It should go deeper into techniques and best practises, even being a non-technical course

By Himanshu P

Sep 7, 2019

It was just as intro to what is data science just definitions but still a good course for introduction purpose.

By Lucas M

Dec 15, 2018

Did not learn very much. Could be more applied and maybe jump into some coding or statistical theory already!

By Modar

Feb 24, 2020

i expected to be more knowledge in the course but it is some kind of introducing lectures more than a course

By Akhil E

May 13, 2019

This course provides an abstract overview of what is data science. Overall a good course but a small course.

By Emad B

May 13, 2020

An "OK" course that provides a very high level of very generally speaking terms of data science / big data.

By Melissa C

Apr 19, 2020

very basic overview- good for those with zero knowledge but redundant for those with even just a tiny bit

By Amit K

Apr 15, 2020

This was extremely basic. we got to learn what we already knew of data science. This was very generic.