Back to What is news?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for What is news? by Michigan State University

This course will guide you through the basic elements of professional journalism and the news values and ethics of covering real-world issues and events. The overview and examples of the types of news coverage helps introduce the different types of journalism, such as social media, multimedia, print, visual and broadcast, and how professional journalists effectively use each format....

AG
Apr 26, 2020

Very good because it is taught about all the basics of journalists. Various case studies also train me to be able to think more with the mindset of a journalist. I highly recommend this class.

DS
Jun 7, 2020

I really enjoyed learning all of the different parts dealing with Journalism. I thought that the videos and the light reading made for a great learning experience. Thanks, Denise Shannon.

251 - 263 of 263 Reviews for What is news?

By Maria G

Apr 10, 2018

I feel we are learning between student, is a big lack of intervention from the University crew in the discussion forums.

By Lahiru P

Dec 2, 2019

This course needs updating to reflect the significance of online journalism more. Certain content needs more depth

By KIAN G T

Mar 4, 2016

It is a good introductory course, but the technical aspect for this module is bad...

By Chris J

Feb 6, 2021

Nice intro and a very conceptual overview on news and journalism

By OMEIZA A A

Sep 17, 2020

Great Course

Nice working and studying with the team

I appreciate

By Asmita T

Sep 6, 2020

it was good but not that informative as expected

By Celine V

Apr 17, 2016

interesting and clear.

By 吳艾蓁 A W

Jul 3, 2018

互評作業要等好久

By Stephanie K

Nov 4, 2020

Great introduction to the basics of journalism.

The course would really benefit from real moderation though, too many people write empty assignments, that really makes me wonder about the value of having the same certificate that they will get, despite actually putting the effort into it.

By Anton B

Apr 19, 2020

There must be some selective sorting for the peer-reviewed sections. Some folks are not coming close to addressing the prompts.

By Jo

Apr 23, 2016

Staff are incredibly arrogant bordering on aggressive. The very worst of the pontificating profession - and what we long term learners and educators know to be all too common. I couldn't stand it so I stopped. Would never recommend.

By Alejandro M P