Back to What is Social?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for What is Social? by Northwestern University

The “What Is Social?" MOOC is for business owners, executives, and marketing professionals who want to significantly improve their abilities to grow their social strategy using effective, proven methodologies. This hands on, "how to" program won’t just tell you how to grow your professional persona using social – you will actually do it! This course is the first in the six-course specialization, Social Media Marketing: How to Profit in a Digital World. While the course can be audited for free, paid learners will receive additional content beyond the course basics. For MOOC 1, the toolkit includes a special video from Alessandro Acquisti on Big Data and a set of studies done by IBM on engagement and social marketing strategies with bottom-line profits. This course has been designed to give you the tools, insights, knowledge, and skills to immediately impact your organization. In addition, we will help you network with thought leaders in social. After completing this course, you and your organization’s staff will be able to position, engage, and grow relationships with the consumers of highest value to you. Today, we are living in a period of massive disruption. New technologies are changing the way people engage with each other and with the organizations that interest them. This course will start you on the path to growing your own social strategy using effective, proven methodologies. Additional MOOC 1 faculty include: * Judy Ungar Franks (President, The Marketing Democracy, Ltd. & Lecturer, Medill Integrated Marketing Communications, Northwestern)...

FF

Oct 07, 2016

Great course. Looking forward completing whole specialization.\n\nAdditionally, the course shares and recommends tools which are helpful if you are doing social media marketing or eager to become one.

CQ

May 13, 2016

A really great introduction to Social Media Marketing and an opportunity to gain access to really useful tools that make me competitive in the job market. Very excited to begin MOOC 2 of this program.

1 - 25 of 640 Reviews for What is Social?

By Mary L

Jun 28, 2019

This course is an excellent well executed course. It has allot of very interesting reading as well as quizzes to make sure you understand the knowledge, plus there is inter-action with fellow peers &

By Daniel A R M

Mar 20, 2017

It was probably one of the best MOOC's I've ever attended! Sir Randy did a great job explaining everything, accompanied by excellent slides which made me understand the course more! Excellent course!

By Jonas M G

Nov 22, 2018

Bit boring and out of date.

By Megan H

Apr 29, 2019

Please update the social media platforms that are being used for this coarse. Many have either changed names and their billing or are no longer existent.

By Lital P

Nov 18, 2018

a very good course- really up to date and provides the student with practical information

By Irma A H A

Dec 03, 2018

I am really enjoying this!!! You learn exactly what you need for a great digital marketing strategy

By Ivan Z

Dec 18, 2018

It's a amazing course. The content is fully fulfilled with effective information. Learnt a lot!

By Daniela F

Dec 19, 2018

As a self-taught marketing specialist, I decided to take this specialization and course by Professor Hlavac from Northwestern University and I don't regret a thing! The knowledge I have about social media marketing is starting to be systemized and I can clearly understand some aspects of the social I had no idea where they fit.

By Fitcher T N

Dec 06, 2018

EXCEPTIONAL ... Its just needs to update some of the social media tools - recommended. Some of them have been phases out and introduce the relevant ones ...

By Shigraf G

Dec 31, 2018

This course is worth the time and money!

Everything is perfect about this course.

It has enriched my knowledge about social media.

Will definitely continue with the rest of the courses of this specialisation.

By KT

Jan 28, 2019

A good mix of information from the start.

By Anaelle F

Jan 26, 2019

Very interesting! Good introduction to the Specialization. I'm definitely looking forward to learning more. The proferssor is really good at letting us want more!

By shawna s

Feb 03, 2019

Learning a lot in my field about the importance of social. On to MOOC 2

By LOU K H

Feb 07, 2019

A very good Introduction class to make a good start of learning social media

By BENKACEM N

Nov 22, 2018

great

By Elisiane D S

Nov 25, 2018

Amazing how much you can learn from this course and apply to your personal and business life. I highly recommend this course to anyone looking to get into social media marketing

By Asbin S

Nov 08, 2018

Very interesting course, provided me with great tools needed to boost my knowledge of social skills

By tarik a

Nov 10, 2018

It was really an amazing experience!

By Kagimu M

Nov 28, 2018

Awesome and exellent

By Lauris L

Nov 13, 2018

I'm very eager to complete the next courses to complete this specialization. I really enjoyed the freedom of being able to learn at my own pace, the videos, lectures and forum make everything so much easier than what I expected.

By Hany H A E A

Jan 16, 2019

very good course and materials

By Anshuman

Jan 20, 2019

Lot of good insights and relevant learnings applicable to the real world

By JIA S

Jan 09, 2019

for a beginning level of marketer, I found this course very helpful. It game me a general idea about social media and resource collecting method. I will recommend this course to anyone who want to learn social media marketing systematically.

By Ambika R K

Jan 08, 2019

This course has given me a whole new-level of confidence in presenting my skills across the interview panel. The role of social media manager is not just going to social media schedulers and posting content. This course delves deep into the actual meaning of "BEING SOCIAL". The guests called by Randy Sir in this MOOC, are huge assets in terms of learning new things. If anybody wants to understand social media from grassroots level, then this is the course.

By Zach C

Jan 11, 2019

Very informative, mid class the curriculum change. This just shows how fast pace the social market really is.