Back to What is Social?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for What is Social? by Northwestern University

The “What Is Social?" MOOC is for business owners, executives, and marketing professionals who want to significantly improve their abilities to grow their social strategy using effective, proven methodologies. This hands on, "how to" program won’t just tell you how to grow your professional persona using social – you will actually do it! This course is the first in the six-course specialization, Social Media Marketing: How to Profit in a Digital World. While the course can be audited for free, paid learners will receive additional content beyond the course basics. For MOOC 1, the toolkit includes a special video from Alessandro Acquisti on Big Data and a set of studies done by IBM on engagement and social marketing strategies with bottom-line profits. This course has been designed to give you the tools, insights, knowledge, and skills to immediately impact your organization. In addition, we will help you network with thought leaders in social. After completing this course, you and your organization’s staff will be able to position, engage, and grow relationships with the consumers of highest value to you. Today, we are living in a period of massive disruption. New technologies are changing the way people engage with each other and with the organizations that interest them. This course will start you on the path to growing your own social strategy using effective, proven methodologies. Additional MOOC 1 faculty include: * Judy Ungar Franks (President, The Marketing Democracy, Ltd. & Lecturer, Medill Integrated Marketing Communications, Northwestern)...

CQ

May 13, 2016

A really great introduction to Social Media Marketing and an opportunity to gain access to really useful tools that make me competitive in the job market. Very excited to begin MOOC 2 of this program.

FF

Oct 07, 2016

Great course. Looking forward completing whole specialization.\n\nAdditionally, the course shares and recommends tools which are helpful if you are doing social media marketing or eager to become one.

126 - 150 of 669 Reviews for What is Social?

By Ingrida M

Oct 13, 2015

Very strong course.

By Omer E

Aug 14, 2017

Great course with great professor... Just the right content for today's world of social...

By Maria F

Jan 08, 2016

Access to Northwestern's faculty and participation in a course geared exactly to my needs? Brilliant. I absolutely recommend.

By rajbeer

May 17, 2016

great insight loving it

By Kehryse J

Jan 04, 2016

Insightful! Can't wait for the next one!

By Elekwachi P A

May 16, 2017

This course was an eye opener! Never knew "Social" was so deep! Thanks to Randy Hlavac for making it seem easy.

By Cristina M V

Oct 01, 2016

very hands on and deals with the latest social media technology both current and up and coming

By Hilda M G

Jun 22, 2016

It has enhanced my understanding of social media as well as virtual communities. Even introduced me to profiling. I run my first successful facebook post boost and really made a difference!! Glad I did this.

By Pierluigi B

Oct 31, 2016

Highly formative and interesting course!

By Kirk W

Mar 17, 2016

Simply the best online course I've ever taken. Great pace, very engaging, well designed.

By leslie

May 28, 2017

I have learned a lot already. I had no idea how much there is to embrace with managing social media!

By Lin L

Nov 12, 2015

Thank you very much for providing the access to this amazing course on Social topic. It helps a lot in enhancing the understanding of the definition of social and also provides multiple cool way to promote social skills. What I appreciate even more is that there are a bunch of tool kits introduced in this course.

By Blanche R F

Aug 06, 2017

Great for people who want to explore the landscape of social media and how it is affecting lifestyles, branding, marketing and storytelling.

By Adesoji A

Jul 12, 2016

Interesting propositions I must have missed in my contemplations and perceived knowledge of Social. Now I can settle down and have a deeper understanding of the subject and the new planet called Social Media Marketing.

By José d J D L C G

Apr 06, 2016

Excellent course and trainer!! Congratulations

By Anthony U

Feb 25, 2016

Great introduction to social marketing!

By Beth T

Mar 05, 2016

Learned so much in this class. Social is the talk of the town everywhere you go. This class will help you to be a leader in those conversations.

By Diego S

Jul 31, 2017

Loved it!! cant wait to begin mooc 2!

By ADEMINI

Apr 30, 2017

More than excellent actually. No word for my rating

By camilo f

Jan 01, 2017

Engaging

By Brian T O D

Sep 11, 2016

Great course! Very helpful with tons of practical tools and information to apply immediately in the real world.

By Emily H

Dec 03, 2016

Great information and useful assignments! I'm looking forward to MOOC 2! :)

By Charmaine H

Oct 20, 2015

Loved this course. It provided a wonderful framework for thinking about the social media landscape. I found it had just the right combination of videos, slides and articles to keep me engaged. Thank you!

By Jennifer M

Jan 17, 2016

I really enjoyed this First Course. I think it will help alot with my work and my own business..

By Hazem H

Aug 11, 2017

Very informative and useful!

will go ahead to the next