Back to What is Social?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for What is Social? by Northwestern University

The “What Is Social?" MOOC is for business owners, executives, and marketing professionals who want to significantly improve their abilities to grow their social strategy using effective, proven methodologies. This hands on, "how to" program won’t just tell you how to grow your professional persona using social – you will actually do it! This course is the first in the six-course specialization, Social Media Marketing: How to Profit in a Digital World. While the course can be audited for free, paid learners will receive additional content beyond the course basics. For MOOC 1, the toolkit includes a special video from Alessandro Acquisti on Big Data and a set of studies done by IBM on engagement and social marketing strategies with bottom-line profits. This course has been designed to give you the tools, insights, knowledge, and skills to immediately impact your organization. In addition, we will help you network with thought leaders in social. After completing this course, you and your organization’s staff will be able to position, engage, and grow relationships with the consumers of highest value to you. Today, we are living in a period of massive disruption. New technologies are changing the way people engage with each other and with the organizations that interest them. This course will start you on the path to growing your own social strategy using effective, proven methodologies. Additional MOOC 1 faculty include: * Judy Ungar Franks (President, The Marketing Democracy, Ltd. & Lecturer, Medill Integrated Marketing Communications, Northwestern)...

FF
Oct 6, 2016

Great course. Looking forward completing whole specialization.\n\nAdditionally, the course shares and recommends tools which are helpful if you are doing social media marketing or eager to become one.

CC
May 12, 2016

A really great introduction to Social Media Marketing and an opportunity to gain access to really useful tools that make me competitive in the job market. Very excited to begin MOOC 2 of this program.

151 - 175 of 960 Reviews for What is Social?

By Victor A R G

Aug 19, 2017

Es interesante aunque sugeriría que para los que realizan paga... obsequien un documento de resumen por curso. Para poder refrescarlo y no tener que recurrir video por video.

By Courtney M

Feb 17, 2016

The course is very well organized, instructors are top notch! I only registered for one course, but the level of instruction was such that I signed up for the specialization.

By José C

Mar 17, 2016

Very impressive introduction to the importance and impact of Social in our lives and in our choices. Mandatory to those who aspire to do any kind of marketing at this level.

By Atsushi K

Jan 11, 2020

"What is Social" course is suitable for learning the vague concept of the "social media". There are also assignments to study it practically, so it is a meaningful course!

By Marisse D

Mar 24, 2016

I was very impressed with this course and even though I'm already in the Social Marketing field, it gave me a new way of thinking and approaching my thoughts about social.

By Karan K C

Jul 2, 2020

This course was really helpful for me to understand how socials work differently, and through the assignment I came across so many new things about my own social market!

By Zainab A

Sep 22, 2016

Very much enjoyed the course. Lots of useful information, visual, interviews with experts and up to date. Looking forward to the rest of the specialization. Great job!

By Kayser F

Jun 9, 2020

It is a good course to formalize many concepts that you probably already knew and to incorporate some new ones with the help of influential people in social networks.

By Lehlohonolo

Dec 9, 2019

Constructive and informative learning about the world of social media. Insightful about the many tools that are at our reach in order to reach a high value audience.

By Raja R

Feb 16, 2017

This Course is excellent and especially Prof Randy had put in a lot of effort to give this amazing series of Mooc on Social marketing. I highly recommend these Moocs

By Tina C

As a newbie to Social, this provided me with a broad understanding of Social. Great professor and guest professors made the course very engaging. Highly recommend.

By Wafi N M

Oct 24, 2019

A really an Excellent Course that gives us tools and introduction to understanding the digital world and I look forward to completing all courses for Specialization

By Anaelle F

Jan 26, 2019

Very interesting! Good introduction to the Specialization. I'm definitely looking forward to learning more. The proferssor is really good at letting us want more!

By Juan A R P

Nov 23, 2015

This was an amazing course that gives you a great basic understanding on Social Media. It will change the way you think you know Social. I truly recommend it. =D

By January B

Jan 29, 2017

Fantastic, well presented class. I have really enjoyed this course so far and look forward to continuing to strengthen my social marketing skills and knowledge.

By Rusha S

Jun 1, 2020

Professor Randy Hlavac explained the fundamental tenets of practical, effective social media marketing thoroughly! Looking forward to complete all the courses.

By Lan t

Jul 12, 2018

Very interesting course with full of essential information with clear structure. Only problem is the assignment with Klout because the website no longer exist.

By Akila D

Dec 17, 2020

What a great experience on the SMM. They explain everything to be cleared and a lot of information. highly recommended who seek the best courses to study SMM.

By Danielle A

Apr 27, 2020

I really enjoyed "What is social". It gave me clearer and better information about things in social i was not aware of, despite my expertise in Social Media.

By Fitcher T N

Dec 6, 2018

EXCEPTIONAL ... Its just needs to update some of the social media tools - recommended. Some of them have been phases out and introduce the relevant ones ...

By Ninette P

Jan 7, 2021

I really love the content and all this course. All the tools are very useful. The learning process develops many skills for the Social Media and Marketing.

By Jose G

May 3, 2016

Good course. However It's only a stepstone for the specialization, it's essencial to continue wth the next courses if you really want to succeed in Social.

By Val C

Mar 21, 2018

It's a great course that I can learn fundamental knowledge and skill set of Social! It's going to be very useful when I engage with business audience!!

By Rhonda S

Dec 30, 2015

This is an excellent course to help gain the basics of social. The course is specific, fast-paced, and designed for learners of all types. GREAT job!

By Aniya V

Feb 7, 2016

The hands-on experience throughout this MOOC will teach how to effectively have an impact through social media platforms toward your target audiences.