Back to What is Social?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for What is Social? by Northwestern University

The “What Is Social?" MOOC is for business owners, executives, and marketing professionals who want to significantly improve their abilities to grow their social strategy using effective, proven methodologies. This hands on, "how to" program won’t just tell you how to grow your professional persona using social – you will actually do it! This course is the first in the six-course specialization, Social Media Marketing: How to Profit in a Digital World. While the course can be audited for free, paid learners will receive additional content beyond the course basics. For MOOC 1, the toolkit includes a special video from Alessandro Acquisti on Big Data and a set of studies done by IBM on engagement and social marketing strategies with bottom-line profits. This course has been designed to give you the tools, insights, knowledge, and skills to immediately impact your organization. In addition, we will help you network with thought leaders in social. After completing this course, you and your organization’s staff will be able to position, engage, and grow relationships with the consumers of highest value to you. Today, we are living in a period of massive disruption. New technologies are changing the way people engage with each other and with the organizations that interest them. This course will start you on the path to growing your own social strategy using effective, proven methodologies. Additional MOOC 1 faculty include: * Judy Ungar Franks (President, The Marketing Democracy, Ltd. & Lecturer, Medill Integrated Marketing Communications, Northwestern)...

FF

Oct 07, 2016

Great course. Looking forward completing whole specialization.\n\nAdditionally, the course shares and recommends tools which are helpful if you are doing social media marketing or eager to become one.

CQ

May 13, 2016

A really great introduction to Social Media Marketing and an opportunity to gain access to really useful tools that make me competitive in the job market. Very excited to begin MOOC 2 of this program.

151 - 175 of 666 Reviews for What is Social?

By David R

Mar 05, 2016

I am only half way through this course but I am loving it! I look forward to continuing my specialization :D

By Elekwachi P A

May 16, 2017

This course was an eye opener! Never knew "Social" was so deep! Thanks to Randy Hlavac for making it seem easy.

By Pierluigi B

Oct 31, 2016

Highly formative and interesting course!

By wole a

Jun 14, 2017

Excellent

By Víctor R O L

Jul 03, 2017

Great course

By Lauren P

Feb 09, 2016

Great basics and intro to following courses

By Whitney

Sep 01, 2017

Amazing course I've learned how to effectively use social!

By Naveed A C

Aug 27, 2017

Randy a great teacher loved it

By Charmaine H

Oct 20, 2015

Loved this course. It provided a wonderful framework for thinking about the social media landscape. I found it had just the right combination of videos, slides and articles to keep me engaged. Thank you!

By Jennifer M

Jan 17, 2016

I really enjoyed this First Course. I think it will help alot with my work and my own business..

By Hazem H

Aug 11, 2017

Very informative and useful!

will go ahead to the next

By Mohammad M

Aug 11, 2017

a must have course if you want to really understand what is social.

By Ayesha

Sep 10, 2016

I am very happy with the Course content.After first module my understanding of using Social media for my benefit is bit improved.I am sure after Specialization i ll be able to run my business well. I am an Artist and need social/digital marketing to get noticed. Professor Randy Hlavac speech is clear and thoughtful which is very easy to follow for non native English speakers. I am glad i am his student and looking forward to learn more.

By Kimberly R

Dec 11, 2016

Very insightful and informative. I look forward to advancing with every course!

By Katie D

Jul 17, 2017

A great beginning course to understanding social media and marketing. I highly recommend it!

By Bridgette C

Mar 20, 2016

Enjoyed the course!

By srikanth n

Jan 10, 2017

good introduction to social media

By Anand S M

Oct 09, 2015

Great Course

By Jillian G

Feb 24, 2018

Excellent course for a near-beginner in the marketing world! I have had experience with various social media platforms, but this course really opened my eyes to the full range of capabilities these channels hold! I'm very excited to continue my journey with social media marketing and grow professionally!

By Vikas D

Mar 14, 2016

An exhaustive introduction to the world of social! The course builds on the basic understanding of social media and platforms that one has by virtue of being part of a social network.

The insights on the trends, the numbers and the evolution of the social world are indeed, very enlightening!

By Jose G

May 03, 2016

Good course. However It's only a stepstone for the specialization, it's essencial to continue wth the next courses if you really want to succeed in Social.

By Divine M D

Mar 26, 2017

It has been a wonderfull experience learning this course. Just waiting to get to the next level

By kevin t

Sep 12, 2016

This was great! i learned a lot. I'm eager to put it into action. Best part was learning about new social marketing tools I never knew existed.

By sushant p

Dec 31, 2015

Amazing Course with great insight of social media

By José C

Mar 17, 2016

Very impressive introduction to the importance and impact of Social in our lives and in our choices. Mandatory to those who aspire to do any kind of marketing at this level.