Back to What is Social?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for What is Social? by Northwestern University

The “What Is Social?" MOOC is for business owners, executives, and marketing professionals who want to significantly improve their abilities to grow their social strategy using effective, proven methodologies. This hands on, "how to" program won’t just tell you how to grow your professional persona using social – you will actually do it! This course is the first in the six-course specialization, Social Media Marketing: How to Profit in a Digital World. While the course can be audited for free, paid learners will receive additional content beyond the course basics. For MOOC 1, the toolkit includes a special video from Alessandro Acquisti on Big Data and a set of studies done by IBM on engagement and social marketing strategies with bottom-line profits. This course has been designed to give you the tools, insights, knowledge, and skills to immediately impact your organization. In addition, we will help you network with thought leaders in social. After completing this course, you and your organization’s staff will be able to position, engage, and grow relationships with the consumers of highest value to you. Today, we are living in a period of massive disruption. New technologies are changing the way people engage with each other and with the organizations that interest them. This course will start you on the path to growing your own social strategy using effective, proven methodologies. Additional MOOC 1 faculty include: * Judy Ungar Franks (President, The Marketing Democracy, Ltd. & Lecturer, Medill Integrated Marketing Communications, Northwestern)...

CC
May 12, 2016

A really great introduction to Social Media Marketing and an opportunity to gain access to really useful tools that make me competitive in the job market. Very excited to begin MOOC 2 of this program.

FF
Oct 6, 2016

Great course. Looking forward completing whole specialization.\n\nAdditionally, the course shares and recommends tools which are helpful if you are doing social media marketing or eager to become one.

251 - 275 of 980 Reviews for What is Social?

By jose A S C

Jul 29, 2018

i thought i knew what is social, but i realized how fool i was, now i feel more secure of my self and what i know

By Claudia G d S

Mar 19, 2020

Was a excellent opportunity to learn and share information about social media and social tools. Thanks for all.

By Brian T O D

Sep 11, 2016

Great course! Very helpful with tons of practical tools and information to apply immediately in the real world.

By Rafael S

Apr 28, 2020

Great real life examples on applying social media and social marketing. Highly recommend on taking this course!

By Elekwachi P A

May 16, 2017

This course was an eye opener! Never knew "Social" was so deep! Thanks to Randy Hlavac for making it seem easy.

By Eliseo J P

Aug 23, 2020

It's great and i was enlighten and i learned a lot. This was exciting and i was never bored by every lectures.

By Hamid O

Oct 2, 2019

this course is really great and understandable its good for build a strong base to keep going on the right way

By Cristina F

Mar 8, 2018

Amazing, I learned so much and I'm so excited to continue on with my education in social marketing strategies!

By Filipa G M d S

Aug 28, 2017

Extremely interactive, fairly challenging and interesting for someone comfortable with social and communities.

By Carol A G

Apr 22, 2016

Excellent course! Very well presented with very valuable information - thank you very much I enjoyed it immen

By Alexandra V

Jun 29, 2020

Прекрасный курс для тех, кто хоте разобраться, как работают социальные сети и как развить персональный бренд.

By El-Sayed K

Mar 31, 2020

Its r amazing course my holistic view about social media is changed after this course, i recommend it to all.

By Zach C

Jan 11, 2019

Very informative, mid class the curriculum change. This just shows how fast pace the social market really is.

By Imaad K

Aug 12, 2016

Excellent course for people who would like to equip themselves with the knowledge of social media management.

By Fazal K

Oct 9, 2020

I learnt valuable information about social. The course has opened my eyes to a whole new realm of marketing.

By David R

Mar 5, 2016

I am only half way through this course but I am loving it! I look forward to continuing my specialization :D

By Guillermo W R

Jul 3, 2017

No I know that there's not only social networks to use as source of information for any marketing campaign.

By Chris A

Feb 13, 2016

Exceeded my expectations! Great course and I plan on taking the rest of the courses in the Specialization.

By Giovanna B R P

Oct 3, 2019

ME ENCANTO, PENSABA QUE EL MUNDO DIGITAL ERA ALGO MÁS SENCILLO, PERO ES UN MUNDO AMPLIO Y ESPECTACULAR!!!

By Rebecca W

Feb 23, 2018

The teacher is very easy to follow and I really enjoy the useful course information that helps in my job.

By Shannon R

Jun 21, 2017

A very good overview of social media, marketing strategy, and a great introduction to both for beginners!

By Rainer H

May 24, 2016

Excellent information and detailed instruction for entry into Social Media Marketing. Highly recommended!

By Inah F

Jul 26, 2020

I learned a lot in just a few days. I hope you also give more practical examples through out the course.

By Bibi P

Jul 6, 2017

One of the best courses I've ever enrolled to. Full of meaningful subjects, great classes and exercises.

By Ashley A

Jan 10, 2016

I really enjoyed this course. I look forward to learning more about Social Media in this Specialization!