Back to What is Social?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for What is Social? by Northwestern University

The “What Is Social?" MOOC is for business owners, executives, and marketing professionals who want to significantly improve their abilities to grow their social strategy using effective, proven methodologies. This hands on, "how to" program won’t just tell you how to grow your professional persona using social – you will actually do it! This course is the first in the six-course specialization, Social Media Marketing: How to Profit in a Digital World. While the course can be audited for free, paid learners will receive additional content beyond the course basics. For MOOC 1, the toolkit includes a special video from Alessandro Acquisti on Big Data and a set of studies done by IBM on engagement and social marketing strategies with bottom-line profits. This course has been designed to give you the tools, insights, knowledge, and skills to immediately impact your organization. In addition, we will help you network with thought leaders in social. After completing this course, you and your organization’s staff will be able to position, engage, and grow relationships with the consumers of highest value to you. Today, we are living in a period of massive disruption. New technologies are changing the way people engage with each other and with the organizations that interest them. This course will start you on the path to growing your own social strategy using effective, proven methodologies. Additional MOOC 1 faculty include: * Judy Ungar Franks (President, The Marketing Democracy, Ltd. & Lecturer, Medill Integrated Marketing Communications, Northwestern)...

FF

Oct 07, 2016

Great course. Looking forward completing whole specialization.\n\nAdditionally, the course shares and recommends tools which are helpful if you are doing social media marketing or eager to become one.

CQ

May 13, 2016

A really great introduction to Social Media Marketing and an opportunity to gain access to really useful tools that make me competitive in the job market. Very excited to begin MOOC 2 of this program.

251 - 275 of 666 Reviews for What is Social?

By Chris S

Nov 27, 2015

very informational and explained well. easy for the laymen to understand

By Heather S

Mar 11, 2016

Very informative. Delivered its promise to introduce you to Social Media as well

By Nayeli C

Feb 06, 2016

Excellent!! I have learned pretty much thanks to this MOOC

By Vaibhav M

Nov 30, 2016

Amazing course. Opened my mind to the huge possibilities of Social. Great teacher in Randy, it was fun to complete What is social.

By Vishnu R

Jan 15, 2016

Very well developed

By Veronica A

May 14, 2016

Very instresting course!

By Guillermo D

Sep 19, 2016

excelente profesional y muy biene structurado te abre el panorama y es realmente util

By Mickey D

Mar 02, 2016

Great introduction! I really feel like I learned a lot and am looking forward to going through with the rest of the courses in this specialization. The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the peer-reviewed assignment. I felt I didn't really get enough peer feedback. Other than that, I thought everything else was great. The videos were very informative. It didn't take up a lot of my free time and I felt a sense of accomplishment when the course was completed.

By Zeeshan J

Nov 24, 2016

Excellent course, gave important insights into the Social Media Marketing field.

By Rhaphael T

Mar 14, 2016

Great information is an easily consumable format.

By Marisse D

Mar 24, 2016

I was very impressed with this course and even though I'm already in the Social Marketing field, it gave me a new way of thinking and approaching my thoughts about social.

By Nicole P

Apr 20, 2016

This was a great introduction course. I have been researching social media for quite some time and most of the information learned was new to me.

By TRINA

May 07, 2016

Great start at demystifying social media. Thanks!

By Janene N

Feb 29, 2016

As a social media user and new to marketing in this area, this course offered a great "get started" overview and actionable steps to start working on a plan to reach my high value market. I would recommend this course, particularly the paid version, highly. It's worth the investment so far.

By Sanjana S

Nov 07, 2016

Great start to social media marketing!

By Zainab A

Sep 22, 2016

Very much enjoyed the course. Lots of useful information, visual, interviews with experts and up to date. Looking forward to the rest of the specialization. Great job!

By Ally T

Aug 17, 2016

I can learn a lot which is about social marketing during the course

By Aditya C

Dec 02, 2016

A MUST FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO GAIN AN EDGE IN THE SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING !!

By Udaysimha M

May 25, 2016

Excellent starting module for the course, love the way it is formatted

By Khalilah J

Jan 12, 2018

Very informative and relevant lessons

By Katie M

Feb 13, 2016

Excellent information, current, videos are engaging. Great course to start the specialization.

By Matthew G

Mar 04, 2016

Amazing information given, with great assignments to supplement my learning. Will definitely advise anyone interested in learning more about digital marketing to check out this course and more!

By Muslim A

May 31, 2016

Some amazing techniques and hands on course. A must for all.

By Adriana V

Aug 10, 2016

I highly recommend this course. I have very little background knowledge on social media and I am using the tools acquired on this online course to help my small business grow. Five stars!

By Farhad

Oct 07, 2016

Great course. Looking forward completing whole specialization.