Back to Wind Energy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Wind Energy by Technical University of Denmark (DTU)

How tall is a modern wind turbine and how can it possibly generate power from the wind? This course gives an overview of key aspects in wind energy engineering. Whether you are looking for general insight in this green technology or your ambition is to pursue a career in wind energy engineering, 'Wind Energy' is an excellent starting point. Experts located in the wind pioneering country of Denmark will take you on a tour through the most fundamental disciplines of wind energy research such as wind measurements and resource assessment, aerodynamics, wind turbine technology, structural mechanics, materials, financial and electrical systems. You will gain a rational understanding of wind energy engineering and, through hands-on exercises, you will learn to perform wind energy calculations based on simple models. Working with the different course disciplines will give you a taste of what wind energy engineering is all about. This allows you to identify the most interesting or relevant aspects of wind energy engineering to be pursued in your future studies or in your professional career. View our video: https://youtu.be/he4UWTGHxrY For other professional courses in wind energy engineering, visit our website at www.wem.dtu.dk...

AA
Jun 12, 2019

This is an amazing course that taught the complete overview of Wind Energy from economy perspective to the engineering part. Truly recommended for anyone that want to learn the basic about wind energy

RA
Apr 20, 2020

It's really very useful to research scholars to select different flatforms. I m really enjoying while answering assignments as well as quizes.. the hints that they provided are awesome... Thanks allot

51 - 75 of 1,492 Reviews for Wind Energy

By AMAN U A

Jun 13, 2020

The course is really amazing and wonderful. It provides a brief knowledge of wind energy and its importance as well as needs in engineering field and economic development.And it also discusses briefly about wind turbine technology and aerodynamics.

Hence , it is really benefial for engineering students like us who have interest in the field of wind energy

By Ana C A M

Nov 7, 2019

This course covers basic aspects of wind energy, and it was very well explained. The assignments were the most important part of the course for me, since it encourages us to understand the key concepts of wind power by drawing our own conclusion. Thank you, DTU lecturers, for all the time and effort given for us in this course. Best regards from Brazil

By 藤澤俊輔

May 16, 2020

I'm a beginner of Wind Energy, but I feel I learned a lot of fundamental knowledge of that after completed this course. Sometimes, I felt that it was hard to understand because I don't have any background or experience in engineering. This is a good course to obtain new knowledge as well as to refresh my knowledge about fundamental mathmatics.

By 5002 A B

Sep 23, 2020

The entire learning platform was exceptionally amazing, and the key note materials must be read in order to gain more attention to problems and practical application. The speakers had professional communicative skills in order to make students understand clearly. It gave me sufficient time to understand and analyse the subsequent theory.

By Juan A B D

Jan 5, 2018

This course has been quite interesting and useful because I could learn a bit of everything of wind energy. So, I could understand how this kind of energy works in every step of the energy production. I think that the organization is very unbeatable because this course is perfectly balanced between the theory and practical knowledge.

By Jasbir S

Apr 14, 2020

Great introductory level course for undergraduates.

More emphasis on commercial application with basic phenomenon of fluid flow and structural mechanics given in the course which could have been upgraded to 2 weeks more of special lectures.

Overall a nice experience in solving problems and undertaking tricky scenarios in assignments.

By Somashekhar h

Aug 9, 2020

I would like to say vote of thanks to DTU wind energy department such a wonderful study journey made me to go through & made me experienced in solving the practical field calculations on wind mill turbines such as energy generation,aerodynamic wind blades etc...thank you so much for coursera for giving such a opportunity to learn.

By José F H A

Mar 15, 2016

The contents of this course are outstanding and represent the state of the art. Prospective learners will understand the basics of wind energy engineering, with special emphasis on wind measurements and resource assessment, aerodynamics, wind turbine technology, structural mechanics, materials, financial and electrical systems.

By Thierry G

May 1, 2020

Great collaboration amongst multiple professors and researchers. Clear explanation, but as this is an introduction class, you only get a glimpse of the concepts and the equations are only presented not thoroughly derived. As a whole, it delivers on the content and you get a better understanding of the design of wind turbines.

By Julian Q

Jun 14, 2020

Very interesting and important topic for the energy transformation that we must carry out in our energy generation systems, transition of the generation matrix. I would like to go deeper into the subject and why not, to be able to go to study in Denmark someday, do a master's degree. Thank you very much for this course.

By João S

A very well designed course that gives a good overall view of all the aspects of wind energy generation. I would say that almost all aspects of the lectures can be understood by anyone, but to successfully complete the exercises and obtain the certificate you should come from a STEM area, otherwise you may struggle.

By Julian K

Apr 3, 2021

Really well-made course with a nice structure. I liked the in-video questions which made it possible to directly use the newly learned skills. Some sort of Engineering experience would be recommended here since it truly is not as easy as it seems at first. Thank you very much dear DTU Team, I enjoyed the course!

By Erol U

Jan 9, 2020

The course was really smooth and targeting the most important subjects. I enjoyed and learned a lot. I hope to use the knowledge for myself and other people all time. I was familiar with wind energy in so far and had some limited information. The course helped me in gaining a more extensive and deep knowledge.

By Gopala K K S

May 6, 2019

This course is best to one who interested in gaining knowledge of wind energy form scratch, the course contains almost all the aspects which a newbie wanted to know, from the wind resource assessment to aerodynamics of blade profile and material, Thank you DTU and coursera team for this wonderful course.

By Clovis R

Oct 8, 2020

Great introductory course. Some of the modules were great and I learned a lot thanks to very nice teachers and examples.

I had issues with some modules because I felt that the teachers couldn't express themselves in english propertly. But overall it still had material so i could understand on my own

By Chang S L

Sep 13, 2020

Thanks, I successfully complete all the course, and got basic knowledge regarding Wind Energy, in which include wind farm market, cost calculation, aerodynamics, dynamics, material mechanics, structural mechanics...etc. and so on.

It is helpful for my current work - offshore wind farm project.

By Wen-Hui S

Nov 29, 2020

This course provides a basic understanding of wind energy in different sectors. The lectures are clear. Most impressively, the examples in the exercises are close to the real settings, which are easier to associate the theoretical equations and parameters to the practical applications.

By Mr. G M

Jun 9, 2020

The course gave the fundamental concepts behind wind energy.It gave sufficient knowledge about the physics,aerodynamics(Lift and drag forces) and also fundamental of electrical generators used in wind power generation systems. It also provided the basics of economics like NAV and LCoE

By 吳漢堡

Nov 21, 2019

Very comprehensive lessons about wind energy. This course mentioned almost every aspect required to build a wind farm. Though some quiz in the later lectures seem to be not easy, the introductions seem to provide good instruction. The instruction after submitting also helps a lot.

By Mubashir U

Jul 27, 2020

Course was very well structured that takes you through all phases of wind power plants from site analysis for wind power plant to design and distribution of electricity. It gives an overview of all stages with some in depth information of wind turbine blade design and materials.

By Jeremy F F

Jul 18, 2020

I found the course to be very challenging. It contains excellent information and the lecturers were very efficient. I did have a hard time figuring out the Math unfortunately and had to repeat a few of the tests. Overall it was definitely worth the time I took to do the course.

By PRAKASH.C

Apr 1, 2017

this course is very usefull for all faculty members and students they are gaining more knowledge of wind energy subject. only one suggestions is when the completed the course you will be send to original certificate for the course completed members. this is my kind information.

By Monika M

Nov 30, 2016

This course is amazing! Everything is explained carefully and afterwards you can check your knowledge in quizzes. The course is both for people who never before had anything to do with Wind Energy and for those who just want to refresh their knowledge. I recommend it strongly:)

By Allan T S

Dec 3, 2016

This course gives a begginner's insight on Wind Energy. The course addresses the basic science behind its main aspects. However, it lacks depth on key issues and could be a bit more advanced (or there could be at least a sequel for people who are very interested on the field)

By ARPANKUMAR A B

Jun 2, 2020

Overall, I have been very happy with my experience using Coursera and think it is one of the best online learning platforms available for several reasons: Coursera is a huge platform with thousands of courses. You have the option to enroll in or audit many courses for free.