Back to Women in environmental biology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Women in environmental biology by Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona

Have you ever wondered how humans relate to other living beings and what do you need to know to be able to understand current environmental problems? Do you know that many of these researches and knowledge have been described by women? This course gives answers to these questions and it is addressed to anyone interested in the relationship between humans and other living beings, as well as all those concerned about the global change situation that the planet is suffering. We will learn key concepts of environmental biology, what does the word biodiversity mean, what are the main types of living organisms that exist on the Earth and the importance of these for human beings. We will also learn that the gender perspective plays a key role in how we understand the world and in how science, and in particular, environmental biology, progress. What is this course useful for? In the current context of global change of the planet, sustainability is a key and transversal concept in many aspects of our life: education, politics, legislation, etc ... Knowing to appreciate the importance of our relationship with the natural environment will facilitate to work on issues related to sustainability with a solid knowledge based on evidence. On the other hand, there is growing evidence that the gender perspective is a key element in the transformation of many environmental problems on the planet. This course has been designed and developed by a team of women researchers applying the gender perspective in the content and structure of the course. In addition, with this course you will discover many other women who, throughout history, have made key contributions to environmental biology and that will surely allow you to start stretching the thread to know more of them....

JT
Nov 2, 2020

I love how the course tackled the great contributions of women in Science and as well as in environmental and conservation biology, to advance it as to what it is right now.

A
Jul 12, 2020

This course is really an inspiration and advocating the importance and role of women in Environmental Biology. I really enjoyed the course. Thank you.

26 - 29 of 29 Reviews for Women in environmental biology

By Ana L R V

Aug 20, 2020

I like it very much. I enjoyed all the different parts in which the course was developed and the summary of themes and approaches. The team was very professional and have knowledge in the different areas offered. I would love to have this course offered in Spanish, because the team is more comfortable in that language (and the automatic transcription is not very accurate). As a Spanish speaker, I understood most of these non accurate words, but non-Spanish speakers probably will find it a little bit more difficult. Please revise the transcription and also revise the links for further information. Some of them have not been actualized.

By Vivek S

Very Nice course that highlights the importance and need for many Women scientists for the development of mankind. This course makes us appreciate all the hard work of women researchers who went unrecognized by our society. I liked the course but I felt it was a little jam-packed, maybe slightly lesser content could be much more appreciated.

By Dr. G

Jul 1, 2020

Very nice material, thoroughly we can understand the part of women in environment.

By Ariadna