Back to Women in Leadership: Inspiring Positive Change

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Women in Leadership: Inspiring Positive Change by Case Western Reserve University

This course aims to inspire and empower women and men across the world to engage in purposeful career development and take on leadership for important causes---to lead change with more conviction and confidence---and improve our workplaces and communities for all. By offering more complex understandings of issues related to professional women and work, the course will help you increase self-knowledge about your own values and vision, as well as enhance your capabilities as a leader, manager, and team contributor. We will examine the opportunities, challenges, trade-offs, and organizational dynamics experienced by women in work organizations, as well as reflect on and practice effective individual behaviors. The course aims at answering questions such as: What are the valued attributes and behaviors of women in the workplace? How does the gendered nature of organizations impact women? What derails our career advancement and what propels us upward? What are your leadership goals and aspirations? How can you best integrate your multiple family and work life commitments? How do you define career success? What can organizations do to provide women with opportunities to excel? What opportunities could our global economy harness by advancing women to leadership? How can the full talents of the workforce be tapped into and developed? The course is about leadership and inspiring change, but at its core it is meant to inspire and empower women and men across the world to engage in purposeful career development and take on leadership for important causes, to lead change with more conviction and confidence, and improve our workplaces and communities for all. Your involvement in the course activities is essential to help you learn these concepts and develop the necessary skills to implement them. If you watch the videos and read the required articles you will be introduced to some intriguing ideas. If you do the personal reflective exercises and complete the final project you will convert those ideas into relevant experiences to enhance your life and work. Going beyond your personal relevance, your potential learning will expand to understanding and working with others more effectively through either the Discussion Forums in the course or through face-to-face discussions (some of you are taking the course in groups). Each week, we will post reminders, changes, and other relevant announcements....

IF
Jun 28, 2020

Amazing and well planned course! Learned about myself and those around me! It assisted me in fortifying my confidence as a leader and a woman in this society. Absolutely recommend!

KS
Sep 20, 2020

Really a helpful course having focus on women development . It helps women travel and explore more in their career. Explains concepts in leadership that were not known before.

26 - 50 of 123 Reviews for Women in Leadership: Inspiring Positive Change

By Susan D

Jul 30, 2018

Tremendous course that has already provided immeasurable benefits to my career. This is the best professional development opportunity I have undertaken; connecting with women in senior leadership roles in my orga

By Alka A

Jan 15, 2020

I found the course very engaging and helpful. Information from various research outcomes and reading materials on the subject are interesting. I will definitely try and practice the learnings from this course.

By Bernard D V

Apr 3, 2020

Excellent course. That should be recommended to enhance workplace relationship and solve some gender issues. The course is very interesting, well-documented and well-explained. This is an excellent course

By Karen G W

Mar 29, 2019

The course was extremely interesting and has made me think a lot about the position of women in businesses and how I need to look at my own career and how I can inspire other women and help create change.

By Gabrielle L R

I loved the course, and I really liked it and all the videos. Congratulations for the accessibility for students who do not have English as an official language. The support was great.

By Imani F

Jun 29, 2020

By KEERTHANA S

Sep 21, 2020

By Gratia N

Jul 21, 2020

Extremely insightful. It should be a prerequisite for all women entering the workforce to understand the challenges that we face and to be better equipped to prevail.

By Naema I

Aug 26, 2020

Everyone should do this course at least once, doesn't matter if you're a man or woman. it is a very informative course. I am glad I tried it.

By Shraddha N

Apr 30, 2019

Really great coursework! Every woman should take this course. The things mentioned are so obvious and yet we fail to see the mysteries.

By Saikat B

Apr 3, 2020

The course coves a very contemporary issue on female leadership role in corporate & business. Theories are well described.

By Fabio M V

Oct 19, 2017

excellent course. I work with many women and it was great to learn more about the influence they have on the work force.

By kerry s

Jun 1, 2020

loved it! Easy bite-sized pieces for busy professionals. The professor is fantastic! Learned a lot about myself.

By Rombo B

This course opened my eye to the world of women leadership and assisted me to overcome challenges in the work place

By Aishwarya G

Jul 5, 2020

It was an excellent course and I got to learn a lot from it. Very proud of my decision of taking up this course

By Irene P

May 15, 2020

Really enjoyed this course! Opened my eyes and broadened my perspective on lots of issues unseen in workplaces!

By Яна Ч

Jul 13, 2017

I really enjoy this course. I was little sarcatic when started but later I was taken a few benefitial advice.

By Maria D M H B

Excellent training with very good material. Diana´s way of communicating makes very easy to follow the t

By Marcella A C J

Aug 15, 2016

Amazing! Still studying... I love to see women and men succeed and in leadership positions! God bless!

By Elaine W

Nov 5, 2018

This course is terrific with spectacular faculty and a great blend of research and practical ideas.

By Sumaya J A A S

كانت مميزة للغاية تعرفت على شخصيات طموحة ومتفائلة شخصيات قيادية مثيرة للغاية

أتمنى للجميع التوفيق

By Deepa K R

Oct 19, 2019

Very informative and help every women to overcome all the hurdles in their professional career

By Meenaz T S

Jul 5, 2020

The course content was very helpful. It has helped me emerge a more better leader.

Thank you!

By Vidisha M

Oct 28, 2020

Love the course. Great insights and very good exercises to reflect on. Highly recommended.

By V. Y

Jul 30, 2020

Fantastic. Well designed course. Tutor is very good. Videos and content are extraordinary.