Back to International Women's Health and Human Rights

Learner Reviews & Feedback for International Women's Health and Human Rights by Stanford University

This course focuses on women’s health and human rights issues from infancy through old age, including information about positive interventions relating to those issues. Learners are encouraged to interact with each other through interactive discussions. It is important to us that this course be available to all learners. We encourage you to apply for Coursera's financial aid (see link to left) if the cost of the course certificate is difficult for you to afford. Please note that you may view all materials in this course, and participate in it, without purchasing a certificate. The course was co-created by Consulting Professor Anne Firth Murray and Kevin Hsu. Anne Firth Murray is the Content Director of the course; Kevin Hsu is the Design Director of the course....

SD
Oct 14, 2020

A wonderfully insightful course, with many real-life case studies that reveal the ingrained and systemic abuse that so many women face. The course had the right balance of videos and reading material.

MC
Mar 2, 2019

This course is very complete, professors and collaborators can provide extremely important information to your learning regarding women Human Rights.\n\nI also appreciated all the resources available.

26 - 50 of 337 Reviews for International Women's Health and Human Rights

By Stella M

Aug 31, 2020

This course offers an extremely thorough grounding in women's health and human rights globally. The individual modules and examples from around the world are extremely informative, but it is the bringing together of those modules, surveying women's life experiences both chronologically and across domains, that creates a comprehensive picture of women's heath and human rights. For me, this picture has been deeply politicizing. You cannot know this material and be indifferent. Thank you, Anne Firth Murray, and thank you, Stanford University, for offering this program. It's what the world needs.

By Philippa L

May 3, 2021

I loved this course, it was informative and inspiring to learn of current issues and projects to address them. Anne Firth Murray is an amazing woman, I am very grateful to her for creating this course. Exposure to these injustices is needed to create awareness and elevate a demand for change. I would not hesitate in recommending this course. It is a fair amount of reading to do on top of work and mothering, but all worth it. I loved reading what my peers thought and their own investigations - this was an interesting part and such multicultural exposure. Really great, thank you!

By Priya K

Jul 20, 2020

A wonderful course. A range of curious topics which is interesting. Very good teaching materials. A lot of surprising information throughout the course. Emotional content as we learn that the contemporary world has people like us who suffer to the maximum extent for being a woman. Thanks to Dr. Anne Firth Murray for this excellent course and for taking us from week 1 to the end of the course to week 10, through various organizations and personalities we met in this course. I found the utmost sincerity in the course contents. Thank you to everyone involved in this course.

By Fátima M H d l S

Mar 31, 2020

El curso es muy interesante y abarca diferentes temáticas que te permiten aprender acerca de diversos aspectos de la salud de las mujeres y los derechos humanos. Me encanto cada modulo y cada parte, y volvería a hacerlo. Es muy motivador, y te permite reflexionar y expresar tus propias ideas en todo momento. Tanto las lecturas como los videos o la información adicional, siempre me resultaron muy enriquecedoras y me enseñaron mucho. Recomiendo este curso, sin ninguna duda, a todas las mujeres y todos los hombres que quieran generar un cambio y luchar por la igualdad.

By Catherine H

Dec 22, 2018

This is, hands down, the most influential class that I have taken so far. It is a lot of work, but it's so well worth it because it's extremely written and all of the information is provided in a way that you can build on your knowledge of the subject as you advance through the lectures. This class was extremely emotional, but I think that's part of the point. It really stirs up sadness and anger for the injustices against so many women in the world, and helps to provide ways to get involved in change. If you take any class, take this one.

By Irene U B

Oct 12, 2020

This course was exceptional. It not only had very relevant and interesting topics, the way the course was organised and delivered was excellent. It is so obvious that this course has been created with so much love and care. Videos, readings, optional readings, tests, many essays! This course is here for the people that really want to engage and dive into it.

It made me learn so many things I didn't know, introduced me to amazing people and big names inside this field. This course is not 10/10, it is 12/10.

By Dr. S P T

Aug 24, 2020

I am an Assistant Professor by profession specialized in Criminology & Victimology. Before taking up the course I was under impression that I know about the victmization and human rights violation. But let me confess that the course gave me a new perspective of the entire issue. The course covers all the relevant aspects of violence against women and health issues globally. Very well structured syllabus and informative session from the experts. Congrats and all the best to the entire team. Thank you.

By Patricia

Oct 16, 2017

I would highly recommend this course. It touches on different topics related to international women's health and human rights in deep, and it explains the interconnectednes between those topics. I had already completed a Master's degree on International Human Rights when I took up the course, but this course still provided me with further knowledge in relation to women's rights and health, and on different forms of activism to achieve shared goals in relation to social justice.

By Maria D M

Jan 7, 2020

The course is very interesting and let me reflect a lot about women's situation. It was interesting to read other participant's points of view in order to better understand the situation all over the world. My suggestion is to insert more women's voices, it is always very interesting to know people's experiences about the topics. another suggestion is to insert updated texts, in order to compare the situation and better understand if things have changed thorugh years

By Natalia D

Feb 1, 2021

I highly recommend this course to those who are interested in women's human rights advocacy. The course is valuable to everyone who stands for women's rights and empowerment of young girls and women. It was very beneficial for my personal and professional development. I appreciate the opportunity I had to learn about women's rights and women's lives in different countries. I will contribute the knowledge I received to serve my community better.

By Parviz H

Apr 15, 2020

Great course but don't pay the certificate before reading this.

Written that SOME ONLINE COURSES MAY DRAW ON MATERIAL FROM COURSES TAUGHT ON-CAMPUS BUT THEY ARE NOT EQUIVALENT TO ON-CAMPUS COURSES. THIS STATEMENT DOES NOT AFFIRM THAT THIS PARTICIPANT WAS ENROLLED AS A STUDENT AT STANFORD UNIVERSITY IN ANY WAY. IT DOES NOT CONFER A STANFORD UNIVERSITY GRADE, COURSE CREDIT OR DEGREE, AND IT DOES NOT VERIFY THE IDENTITY OF THE PARTICIPANT.

By Tsitsi M

May 24, 2021

I thought this course was rally good and insightful. The wide variety of sources used really helped gain a better understanding of the course material. The only issue I had was the time allocated to the work, there are a lot of reading materials that will definitely take up a lot more time than the time indicated on the course. Otherwise, I really enjoyed the course and I definitely recommend it!

By Audrey T

Sep 20, 2020

This class has given me history I did not receive during school, High school or College. I do not know why I thought that the things that women has gone through ONLY happened in my country. It turns out to be all over the world. I love to have learned that people are working on ways to make the world better for men AND women! I enjoyed this course and believe that it will help me with my career.

By Nahida I

Jul 10, 2021

You can learn Many vital life lessons from here even you are a normal person like me. you will get to know when actually world stood up for women, what is CEDAW, what is Human Rights and also you will know what is going through all over the countries, how's the all the women over coming the issues from all over the world. Thank you so much for love and support Anne Firth Murray and everyone

By Amyra S Y

Dec 30, 2020

Every single week was an enjoyable one! The reference materials are so insightful I can see myself still using it for the next few years. I just hope that in the future, the quiz can be more about our understanding about the issues rather than asking us statistical questions haha. Overall it was a very great course with great speakers, 11/10 would recommend to everyone.

By Soojung Y

Jun 26, 2020

I learnt really a lot and I recommend all people to go through this short journey to have an idea what has been going on the different part of the world, including where you're living in.

This course really gives an insight of not only 'Women's health' but also how it impacts child and men in the world.

Please take your time for this course. I strongly recommend it.

By Laura P

Aug 22, 2020

Absolutely wonderful! I am so grateful to have taken this course, it has taught me so much about women's health that I didn't already know. This course has made me want to take on a new career path towards supporting women's rights. Anne Firth Murray was a fantastic lecturer and the content she used was fresh and insightful. I couldn't recommend this course enough!

By Sujin C

Oct 16, 2018

This is the third course I've taken on coursera and it is by far the most comprehensive in terms of both content and structure. It requires more effort than the other courses because of the variety of assignments but it is worth it! The readings, the videos, and even the quizzes and assignments are interesting and engaging. I highly, highly recommend this course.

By Amy R

Apr 2, 2018

This is a very informative course, with issues that I think everyone should learn about. It is important to know about these things, and also learn about the ways that we can try and change them in the future. It is quite heavy on readings so you need to be prepared for that and have the time to do them if you want to get the most out of this great course.

By Zarghona

Apr 12, 2021

It was an extremely well planned course enlightening about issues women all over the world face . Awareness to these issues can only be brought by spreading word out. Excellent course ,well written material and extremely informative lectures ,thought provoking assignments.excellent reference materials . Loved every minute of studying. Thank you coursera

By Rianne S

Mar 26, 2021

This needs to be a required course for all people, especially those in High School. Boy or Girl, those of us who are coming from "privileged" communities, have our struggles to keep our rights in place. Yet, many in other countries have little rights at all.Imagine what we could do as humans if we all worked together for the greater good of everyone!

By Sarah L

Jul 24, 2020

International Women's Health and Human Rights was an excellent course. It offered varied topics every week. There were many excellent video lectures from experts in their field. The assignments were interesting and a practical application of the weekly topic. I would highly recommit this course to anyone interested in Women's Health and Human Rights.

By Konul A

Sep 12, 2018

The problems of women right and solution of women problems mainly actual quetion for me.I look for course in many online courses. But this course can answer all my quetion. It shows me ways to the gender equailty. Many thanks Anne Firth Murray for her book from where I get a lot of information. And thank you very much for this course!!!

By isha s

Jul 24, 2020

The course is well-designed and provides a detailed insight on the condition of women and girls around the world. It is quite interactive and the interviews with experts and people at the forefront of working for gender equality is very inspiring. The assignments and quizzes help a lot in better understanding of the course material.

By Keara D

Jul 19, 2020

I really enjoyed doing this course and it was very eye-opening. I learnt a lot more about women in the world and the fact that I was able to put my views across weekly made me feel happy and satisfied. I will not stop here though, I am wanting to pursue work with voluntary work like this as this has inspired me to do much more.