Back to Write Your First Novel

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Write Your First Novel by Michigan State University

4.1

WRITE YOUR FIRST NOVEL From Inc.com - The 30 Most Popular Online Courses of 2020 "Write Your First Novel" made the list at #15 https://lnkd.in/gZqscmn If you’ve ever had the dream, the desire or even just a vague notion that you would like to write a novel, this course is for you. Whether you are a full-time student, have a full-time job, a family to take care of or all of the above, you can do it. Really! And I will help you get there. In this Course, you will write your first novel. Many people say they have often thought about writing a novel and are planning to do it someday, but very few ever actually do. However, in this course, you will do it. You will learn how to form a basic idea, any idea, into a structure and discipline that will allow you to create, write and complete a fully-realized novel ready to submit for publication. If you have any concerns regarding the protection of your original work, Coursera's privacy policy protects the learner's IP and you are indeed the sole owners of your work. Here is a link to a trailer for the course. To view the trailer, please copy and paste the link into your browser. https://vimeo.com/385761391/c5e7f873cf Learner review: "It was a great experience, I really enjoyed it." In Write Your First Novel, you’ll learn to break down your creative endeavor into components and you’ll discover a process that will allow you to do what few have done: produce and complete a full-length work of fiction in the form of a 50,000-word novel. Learner Review: "You teach storytelling like no other teacher. I cannot put in words how much I appreciate it. This daily writing, and the product that comes with it, have been a great mental support during the pandemic time. Art is a support for life, as Stephen King said, and thanks to you I experienced it first-hand during this time. I think I will keep writing 500 words per night for the rest of my life. I owe it to you. You taught me how to write a novel, and it works every time. Huge thanks, and wishing you all the best." I am a proponent of experiential learning (also known as active learning). My lectures are short and to the point, designed in a step-by-step process essential to your success as a writer. I will guide you, I will show you how to get there, hopefully I will inspire you. You will learn through your own activity - which is writing! I firmly believe that the only way to become a writer is to write, write, write! Learner review: "As a published author, I took this course to relearn the skills. I thoroughly enjoyed each and every lecture and quiz. This course was very, very helpful and the videos were very well executed. Cheers!" Writing fiction is a truly beautiful thing. Putting your own words on a page to tell a story which enters your readers minds and allows them to share the thoughts, emotions and lives of your characters is a very satisfying, rewarding experience. Learner review: "BEST TEACHER EVER! LOVE THE COURSE."...

PP
May 1, 2020

This course helped me as a writer because of the teacher. He was not a quick talker, but he was not a slow talker. He was very understanding. I really would love to get teached by him again.

CB
Jan 26, 2021

This made me realize how much potential i really do have in writing and it made me find out that I love writing and reading books.

26 - 37 of 37 Reviews for Write Your First Novel

By Cherry B

Jan 27, 2021

By Hailu W

Jul 27, 2020

I loved this course. It helped me write a wonderful novel titled King Aiko The Japanese - the first and last king in Africa.

By mehak s

Feb 10, 2021

It was such a great experience and would definitely take some other courses.

By Nurten A

Dec 30, 2020

Gerçekten çok başarılı bir kurs ve katıldığım için çok mutluyum.

By Never

Aug 11, 2020

To The Point

By Susan H

Feb 3, 2021

The instruction was great; I gain some useful tools that I will be able to use in my writing in the future. However, what was frustrating for me was the fact that I could not receive one-on-one via chat, email or any other form when I felt only the instructor could provide the answer to my question. My other frustration stemmed from the peer reviews. In this class in particular, I was more comfortable in giving reviews to my fellow writers whose progress in their work I had been following since its inception. I was completely uncomfortable in critiquing my peers based on the chapter by chapter review process without knowledge of prior chapter work and was not appreciative of being review in that manner; something that may need consideration and perhaps revision,

By Jennifer A P D

Jan 22, 2021

I would prefer the professor to review my writings during the course.

By Jerusha N

Jan 30, 2021

If you have No Idea how to start a novel, and need constant hand-holding, need constant validation from strangers, and don't mind having zero support from the "instructor" (in this case, a couple dozen recorded videos, but not really any involvement from anyone other than your "peers") then this is the course for you! I don't really have confidence in the "honor system" being the only safety net for your ideas not being stolen, but if you trust it, go for it.