Back to Writing and Editing: Word Choice and Word Order

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing and Editing: Word Choice and Word Order by University of Michigan

This course will teach you how to use your written words to become more persuasive. You’ll learn creative ways to use syntax, effective techniques for telling stories, and a clever method for arranging a complex series of information. You’ll also get a chance to both professionalize your use of punctuation and add a bit of style and sophistication to how you craft everything from sentences to slogans. In addition, you’ll get access to a wide range of books and other resources you can use even after you finish the course. These include (1) the readings and exercises provided to the students who have taken the in-person version of this course at the University of Michigan and the University of Chicago; (2) two digital libraries of excellent writing from a diverse collection of journalists, scientists, novelists, poets, historians, and entrepreneurs; and (3) a monthly “Good Sentences” email. Social media has only accelerated the ways in which we all must learn to use our writing to connect, compete, and create—sometimes all at once. So join us for this first course in a four-part series and experience the many benefits, both personal and professional, of becoming “good with words.”...

PD

Dec 7, 2021

It is an excellent course that offers deep insights into the importance of words, it's usage in professional writing, and the impact it makes. I've learnt a lot from the course. Thank you Coursera.

Jul 1, 2020

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! Excellent teaching and excellent material. Everyone can improve their professionalism by taking Professor Barry's writing on course, it's not just for lawyers.

151 - 175 of 341 Reviews for Writing and Editing: Word Choice and Word Order

By Kevin J S

Dec 7, 2021

A great course to review and revise some writing basics and to learn something new.

By dan a

Jan 26, 2021

The instructor does an amazing job. The material is concise, energetic, and catchy.

By Gelinda L T

Dec 13, 2021

The instructor make you want to rewrite everything you have ever wrote to any one.

By Maioha T

Nov 27, 2020

I feel very confident in my writing abilities after taking this course. Thank you!

By Kasuntha M

Apr 11, 2021

Great course to learn about Writing and Editing. I highly recommend this course.

By Laine D

Oct 18, 2021

I love Patrick's style of teaching and will definitely take more of his courses.

By Donna C

Mar 19, 2021

One of the best online courses I have ever done, both in structure and content.

By Yang C

Jun 11, 2020

It was different from the writing courses I took before. Learned a lot from it.

By Mbah C F

Sep 15, 2020

This was very helpful and hopefully I will be able take part in other courses.

By Volodymyr G

Oct 11, 2020

Great course for mastering your writing skills and your skills as a speaker.

By 6335

May 29, 2021

If you are looking for basics in writing then stop thinking and just enrol.

By Patrícia R

Apr 17, 2021

Full of interesting and useful insights. Will certainly improve my writing.

By Michele E B d S

Jul 26, 2020

One of the best courses I have taken on this subject. Thank you very much !

By Anandita S

Jul 18, 2020

It was a great course! Learned a lot of stuff. Thank you to the instructor.

By Meriem A

Dec 10, 2020

Very informative and pushes you to devolop your reading and writing skills

By TJ I

Apr 22, 2022

V​ery helpful! Literally everyone should take this course, if you write.

By Elizabeth S T

Nov 22, 2021

Too good. I enjoyed the course. I feel proud, being part of this course.

By Eduardo d L B

Nov 9, 2021

Dinâmico, material muito bom e as explicações mais claras, impossível.

By Bisola O

Nov 4, 2020

Every professional needs to complete this course. It is an eye-opener.

By Francisco A P S

Feb 5, 2021

So much wisdom in so short a time. This course is highly recommended.

By Stephen B

Jul 20, 2020

An excellent start to an interesting and entertaining specialization!

By ASWIN G

Jul 19, 2020

A new beginning to professional writing, and effective communication.

By Yasser P

Oct 14, 2021

S​uperb learning experience. I feel I am now a more confident writer

By Vera v K

Aug 17, 2020

Thank you! I did not realize how many mistakes I was already making!

By Cynthia A S

Aug 21, 2021

Great and commendable Instructor. I recommend this course highly.