Back to America's Written Constitution

Learner Reviews & Feedback for America's Written Constitution by Yale University

An introduction to the main themes of the American Constitution—popular sovereignty, separation of powers, federalism, and rights....

SG
Jan 6, 2017

Awesome!! Even for a History major like myself it was incredibly thought provoking and extremely well taught. I only wish every American received this level of instruction on The Constitution.

A
Mar 21, 2019

this course has given me the great view of Written constitution of USA and how my country India Constitution took this model WRITTEN constitution from USA and has implemented similarly

26 - 50 of 97 Reviews for America's Written Constitution

By MaryKate M

Apr 10, 2016

Even with a few bumps in the coursework, I felt the information was interesting, enlightening and I appreciated the time I put into the class - it was not wasted. I will certainly be a better classroom teacher for having taken the class, and I look forward to the next "Unwritten" class as well.

By Rose G

Dec 24, 2015

Of the three courses I have completed I have enjoyed this one the most and Professor Akhil Amar

kept me interested all the way through in a subject I knew so little about, I look forward to studying

the Unwritten Constitution in the New Year

Thank you very much for allowing me to study this

By S. J W

Sep 9, 2018

Most enjoyable and informative course on OUR Constitution. Every American, or every person curious about the longevity of the U.S. system of governing, should take this course. I have saved text and refer to frequently.

Considering taking the course again next year.

By Mel W

Jun 2, 2020

I really enjoyed it...learned a great deal and some interesting angles on the reasons for some of the Amendments. I read the book a while ago, so it was nice to hear him speak. I am going to reread the book. I also want to read his book on The Bill of Rights.

By Mariana A B

Professor Amar is just excellent and absolutely amazing! He gives a very detailed explanation about the subjects and makes it easy to learn and understand. An eye opening learning process. I definetely recomend this course.

By Bento V F N

Oct 16, 2015

This course is a fantastic tool to understand the principles that bind the American society since the begining of its existence. I feel very honored to complete this marvelous MOOC. Thank you all for the opportunity.

By Selin L

ı do really love this course , it fully encouraged me to learn America's written constitution .I will definitely take the second part . thanks for everything especially Professor Amar to create a significant course

By Chandra V R

Jun 11, 2017

Amazing course with a very well balanced and non political approach to providing very fundamental insights into the American Constitution. Would look forward tot taking more courses offered by Professor Amar

By Shivjeet P

Sep 24, 2020

This was a wonderful course! I had a remarkable and memorable experience learning from the renowned Akhil Amar. As someone who is very interested in Indian Constitutional Law, this has broadened my horizons!

By Shannon G

Jan 7, 2017

By María J A

Jun 24, 2020

I highly recommend this course, specially for people keen on law and history. The lecturer makes the lessons very easy to follow, and the content is interesting and very relevant nowadays.

By Akhila r G

Mar 22, 2019

By Dario B

Apr 6, 2020

Great Professor from a top University, great videos and bonus materials, if you want to understand more about the US Constitution this is the course for you. I am glad I have done it.

By Sabrina C

Aug 7, 2020

I very much enjoyed this course. Professor Amar is clearly a leading expert in the Constitution, and he provides substantial evidence for every claim he makes.

By Abdullah

Feb 18, 2017

The Professor is very knowledgeable and very passionate about the subject! I would recommend this course to anyone who is interested in law or politics.

By Dunyamali B

May 12, 2017

Absolutely great professor, marvelous methods of study and providing by Coursera is too sufficient. Thanks Coursera for such a sacred academician.

By Biagio A M

Jun 29, 2020

Eccellente ! Esposizione dei temi estremamente chiara, con un Professore che è riuscito a farmi appassionare ancora di più alla materia . Grazie

By Mallory R

Sep 8, 2020

This course is very engaging. You will learn so much about the history of the constitution as well as how it ties to current events.

By Maria S

Oct 9, 2016

An excellent course for anyone wanting to delve into this subject. Thank you to Professor Amar and Coursera for making it possible!!

By Anunay S

Sep 7, 2020

An insightful and great learning experience., thanks, Coursera, Yale and Prof. Reed for such a wonderful engagement session.

By Andy M

Sep 28, 2020

The Professor Amar is the highlight of the course. He has great ease in making the student understand complex topics.

By Promise C

Dec 28, 2015

This is a great class and the lectures are very interesting. I hope to have time to finish these in the near future.

By carol s

Jun 11, 2020

Very well done, gives a good overview. So much that I didn't know/realize. Very pertinent today, timeless really.

By Gül G

Sep 21, 2020

Professor Amar is very engaging, I think his enthusiasm motivates the students. I thoroughly enjoyed this course.

By Batıkan E

Aug 8, 2019

Professor Amar is one of the most important constitutional scholars in the United States of America.