Back to America's Written Constitution

Learner Reviews & Feedback for America's Written Constitution by Yale University

An introduction to the main themes of the American Constitution—popular sovereignty, separation of powers, federalism, and rights....

SG
Jan 6, 2017

Awesome!! Even for a History major like myself it was incredibly thought provoking and extremely well taught. I only wish every American received this level of instruction on The Constitution.

MA
Jun 23, 2020

I highly recommend this course, specially for people keen on law and history. The lecturer makes the lessons very easy to follow, and the content is interesting and very relevant nowadays.

101 - 107 of 107 Reviews for America's Written Constitution

By Kenneth J

Jan 17, 2016

im beginning to like this course the professor is very good at making the study of the constitution lively

By Amos N

Oct 4, 2015

Got started late but has been very informative with lots of surprises I thought I knew more than I did.

By Camilo N C

Jul 2, 2019

I was expecting for more legal information to be delivered. I think it was to historically oriented

By Philip D T

Jul 4, 2018

Great course and an excellent start in understanding Federal Government.

By Patrick m

Mar 5, 2021

The course was very good in many ways. I reduced by one star because Prof Amar's lecturing was, to be honest, a little nervous. At times he was slow enough I had to put it on 1.5x speed, but then he would suddenly go so fast I could barely keep up.

I reduced a second star because the description implied, or perhaps I inferred, that the course was more legally based. This was a very good civics class level course. It is highly appropriate for anyone who either didn't take HS civics, or can't remember it. I would not classify this as a law course.

All that said, I am reading his companion book and will probably take the second course.

By Peter H

May 8, 2017

H

By Michael T

Nov 6, 2015

Unfortunately there is no involvement academic staff so there is no assistance/support. The course is put out there and students are left to their own devices. The calibre of students is poor and informed discussions non-existent. A great pity because the content on occasion is interesting.