Back to The Science of Training Young Athletes

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Science of Training Young Athletes by University of Florida

Seventy percent of kids drop out of sports before their high school graduation. Only 15% leave because they feel they are not good enough. Almost 70% leave because they were not having fun, or due to problems with the coach. Injuries cause 30% to give up sports. This course is packed full of practical sports science information that provide youth coaches and parents with the practical pediatric sports science insights to successfully retain young athletes and develop their sport potential while avoiding injury and overtraining. We begin by examining the multidimensional nature of coaching, the relevant sport motor performance abilities, the impact of growth and development on motor skills, the gene versus practice controversy, and briefly overview the body structures strengthened through training. Then we explore the athlete's energy supply, where this energy comes from, and how it matures along with the athlete. Finally, we examine the development of strength, power, anaerobic capacity, coordination and flexibility through the life span. The optional text manual for this course is available at: http://www.learnitez.com/HighPerformanceScience/manuals/...

BD

May 28, 2017

Great base to build on. Filled in my gaps with regards to physical/physiological development of young athletes. For me it is a great addition to the English FA Level 1 and 2 football coaching course.

PP

May 01, 2020

The course was explained comprehensively.. thank you so much for making this course, I have learned a lot. I can surely use this knowledge in my class as Physical Education teacher

51 - 75 of 164 Reviews for The Science of Training Young Athletes

By Benji B

May 28, 2016

Excellent course!

Will use information to help my general health & wellness.

Also highly recommend to any athlete, coach or anyone engaged in fitness.

By Pedro M

Aug 09, 2020

It's a great training program. You will change your mind about training and coaching young athletes, and your techniques and methods will improve

By khaled M

May 04, 2020

an amazing course helps everyone to understand the main topic of sports coaching, how to start your coaching journey, and how to be a good coach.

By Carmen P

Feb 05, 2020

A good re-introduction to a lot of concepts I learned in university. It's time to apply them again (20+ years later) to my coaching activities.

By Darragh C

May 11, 2018

This course gives great insight into the training of Young Athletes and has been a great help to me as both a Rugby Coach and Personal Trainer

By Olatunde G O

Mar 27, 2020

An in-depth view of the course in the areas of body, muscle and cell chemistry as it affects an athlete's performance was deeply addressed.

By Alessandro B

Apr 13, 2020

Corso davvero interessante. L'insegnante è chiara e completa nelle sue spiegazioni. Ha aggiunto diverse conoscenze pratiche al mio lavoro.

By Muhd P N

Jun 19, 2018

This course provided me with a great insights, as well as helped me review and refresh what I have learnt during my undergraduate studies.

By Rob M

Feb 22, 2018

Enjoyed this course and picked up quite a few good points. Highly recommended for new coaches or people involved with youth sports.

By Neil M

Dec 02, 2016

A lot of hard work but this was exactly what I was looking for. A science-based approach with practical application to my coaching.

By S V K

Feb 19, 2018

this course gives very useful information about how to train the athlete in a right way. the languge is simple and understandable

By Maria F P D

Jun 01, 2020

I’d like to a second part of Practice course about the youth training to specific sports, like figure skating and others sports

By Gabriel G

Nov 10, 2019

Very good! I learned a lot, it helped me with university and it provided me with great knowledge that will help me in my career.

By Leonardo B

Jun 25, 2016

The great course. I hope that prof. Brook we continue her work. She is excellent teacher. I am awaiting for here new course.

By Estefanía J

Sep 28, 2020

This is a great course. I learned a lot and found it very interesting. I would recommend it to any coach out there.

By Kim W B

Jun 15, 2020

Excellent course, providing coaches with important information that will assist them to become better coaches.

By Oliver W

May 23, 2020

Fantastic Course. I would higjly recommend this course to aspiring coaches and physical education teachers.

By SHIVARAJ G

Jun 17, 2020

Thank you for resolving all our doubts in the field of coaching and lead us to coach or train Our athletes

By Уколова О В

Jul 01, 2020

Amazing course! Really important and useful information that will help me in my coach work! Thanks a lot!

By Caner Ç

Sep 22, 2019

Very interesting and valuable for whom participating in all kind of sports whatever their label is.

By Aluko A L

Apr 22, 2020

It is an awesome course, and has helped me to understand vividly how to train my wards/athletes

By Charisse W

Jul 08, 2020

Very informative course that allowed me to understand what it means to train young athletes.

By Rohitsinh J

Jun 06, 2020

An eye opener. congratulations Dr. Chris Brooks and University of Florida and courser.org

By KEVIN E

Sep 10, 2016

Exceeded my expectations.

This should be a mandatory course for ALL young athlete coaches!