Back to The Science of Training Young Athletes

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Science of Training Young Athletes by University of Florida

Seventy percent of kids drop out of sports before their high school graduation. Only 15% leave because they feel they are not good enough. Almost 70% leave because they were not having fun, or due to problems with the coach. Injuries cause 30% to give up sports. This course is packed full of practical sports science information that provide youth coaches and parents with the practical pediatric sports science insights to successfully retain young athletes and develop their sport potential while avoiding injury and overtraining. We begin by examining the multidimensional nature of coaching, the relevant sport motor performance abilities, the impact of growth and development on motor skills, the gene versus practice controversy, and briefly overview the body structures strengthened through training. Then we explore the athlete's energy supply, where this energy comes from, and how it matures along with the athlete. Finally, we examine the development of strength, power, anaerobic capacity, coordination and flexibility through the life span. The optional text manual for this course is available at: http://www.learnitez.com/HighPerformanceScience/manuals/...

BD
May 27, 2017

Great base to build on. Filled in my gaps with regards to physical/physiological development of young athletes. For me it is a great addition to the English FA Level 1 and 2 football coaching course.

R
Dec 7, 2020

This course was very helpful in how we can train our athletes and the factors that may hinder their performances especially when they transition from pre-teenage years to post-teenage years.

76 - 100 of 199 Reviews for The Science of Training Young Athletes

By Egor P

Jan 10, 2021

Thank you for such a usefull knowledge. I work as a personal coach for years and appreciate all the lessons you gave me here

By Leonardo B

Jun 25, 2016

The great course. I hope that prof. Brook we continue her work. She is excellent teacher. I am awaiting for here new course.

By Purwaningrum R

May 27, 2021

Great insights on current high performance sport philosophies and development. Highly recommended for all sport coaches.

By AMBROSE A M

Mar 5, 2021

Amazing content

amazing lecturer. very clear, audible and explains well

good simple biology knowledge.

highly recommend

By Estefanía J

Sep 27, 2020

This is a great course. I learned a lot and found it very interesting. I would recommend it to any coach out there.

By Kim W B

Jun 15, 2020

Excellent course, providing coaches with important information that will assist them to become better coaches.

By Oliver W

May 23, 2020

Fantastic Course. I would higjly recommend this course to aspiring coaches and physical education teachers.

By SHIVARAJ G

Jun 17, 2020

Thank you for resolving all our doubts in the field of coaching and lead us to coach or train Our athletes

By Уколова О В

Jul 1, 2020

Amazing course! Really important and useful information that will help me in my coach work! Thanks a lot!

By Champion S

Apr 30, 2021

a beautiful course which alights a person on various aspects of coaching and teaching of various agies.

By Caner Ç

Sep 22, 2019

Very interesting and valuable for whom participating in all kind of sports whatever their label is.

By Aluko A

Apr 22, 2020

It is an awesome course, and has helped me to understand vividly how to train my wards/athletes

By Charisse W

Jul 8, 2020

Very informative course that allowed me to understand what it means to train young athletes.

By Rohitsinh J

Jun 6, 2020

An eye opener. congratulations Dr. Chris Brooks and University of Florida and courser.org

By KEVIN E

Sep 10, 2016

Exceeded my expectations.

This should be a mandatory course for ALL young athlete coaches!

By Jason B

Dec 29, 2018

Solid foundations and general directions for anyone that plans to coach youth athletes.

By Ana C

Dec 2, 2018

Good for have a general view and basics that I coach should know for training children

By Ijaz A c

I am happy today , good course it's help to improve my knowledge in sports training .

By Alvaro G M

Oct 2, 2016

Simply wonderful! I great experience to understand the development of younh athletes.

By Frederico M

Jun 16, 2021

A​n important way to improve your knowledge and how to deal with the young athletes.

By Brendon L

Nov 25, 2016

The course was very informative with latest research into developing young athletes.

By Ritu C

Jul 22, 2017

An excellent course to get an insight into scientific training of young athletes.

By Dorian G

Apr 1, 2018

Great course to cover some basics of training young athletes. Gives an overview

By Diego A C

Dec 1, 2016

The course covers with deep detail all aspect of training with young athletes.