Back to Introduction to Project Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Project Management by Coursera Project Network

This course is designed to give you the fundamentals of Project Management. You will learn the basic principles of Project Management by managing a fundraising event for your local farmers market. You will designate responsible team members to help you, build a timeline and see the different ways that you can manage the project. Together, we will walk through not only the documentation, but also the theories and reasoning behind each task. You will learn how to look at a large project and break it down into manageable pieces and then how to build an action plan so that you hit your deadlines with your team. By the end of the course, you will have created a Project Scope document, Stakeholder Responsibility Matrix, sequenced a task list, added task owners, and a explored several popular project views using Project Management software. You will be ready to tackle a project on your own or will be equipped to take a higher-level course in Project Management. Note: This course works best for learners who are based in the North America region. We’re currently working on providing the same experience in other regions....

OK
Oct 4, 2020

It is a wonderful course though the training time was short, I wish there is a system that is available for someone to go back to or study whenever you wish to. (a study book) for reference purposes.

MS
Jun 8, 2020

Overall everything is good and have great experience about online project. I am very thankful to Coursera.org learning platform where I am learning new skills and enhance of existing skills.

351 - 369 of 369 Reviews for Introduction to Project Management

By BALAGAM S

By V A

May 7, 2020

NA

By Tetris F

Nov 20, 2020

The course itself was good, but minus two stars because of the workspace software. Rhyme is so bad. It is is counter-intuitive, disruptive, and an ultimate bottleneck to course completion. It'd be cheaper and more user friendly to just have a files folder with YouTube videos and let students follow along in whatever doc processor they have available. My advice for future students is to turn off the "deactivate window when not active" setting in the top-right corner of Rhyme. This prevents the video from stopping when using your own software. Then, download all the course files to your computer, open, and follow along with the instructor's video. Don't use the remote workspace on the left side of the screen. It's not worth it.

By Aedrian A

Jan 11, 2021

It might be because this is my first-ever Coursera Guided Project, but I find this material average and less enjoyable than conventional online courses. Using an old laptop that is connected to a standard internet connection in a developing country (which is notoriously dismal compared to developed countries) made the execution of the Guided Project problematic (since the "Guide" videos lagged often and the interface I worked on often lagged as well). Perhaps, taking this Guided Project with a state-of-the-art computer and a good internet connection will provide a better experience. Nevertheless, the material content is interesting and has encouraged me to take further courses on Project Management.

By Anne B

Oct 21, 2020

I'm between 3-4 stars. Great intro to the thought process and fundamentals behind project management planning. My cloud desktop was very slow, often crashed. Asana was very slow. I wish the course wasn't timed at 1:30. Since my cloud desktop was so slow and I had difficulty accessing Asana, I had to keep stopping the instructor video and felt pressured with time. I would have preferred more time, or unlimited time to complete the project and/or practice in it for longer. After completing the course, you do receive a free 30 day Asana trial, which is awesome, so I plan to go through the course again and practice what was shown to me in Excel and Asana on my own computer.

By Alice C

Apr 16, 2020

I liked the content of the course!

I didn't really like the cloud desktop. Documents were too small and unreadable in my laptop (I had to struggle by zooming the documents). I would have preferred to have the documents to download and open them locally.

By MIREIA A K I

Sep 4, 2020

Useful only if you have absolutely no prior experience with Asana. If you do, skip the course as it will not teach you anything new. Good introduction into how to begin structuring a project yet very basic.

By Muhammad B

Jul 22, 2020

A good starter, but in no ways should it be called a guided project especially as it pertains to project management. Take theory before coming here

By AKSHAY M

Sep 1, 2020

Teaching was great and the material were handy but you guys need to shell out more skills.

By Khandaker S A

Jun 29, 2020

Too short to understand the rhyme software.

By AAKASH S

Jun 6, 2020

Dont take much time on video repoting

By Challa m

By BOX O E

Very good

By Danielle F

Aug 13, 2020

This course presents a security issue for the user as one is required to log in to a new Asana account and personal email through a remote desktop.

The remote desktop froze an excel file part way through the class and restarting did not resolve the issue.

This course is too breif to address much of what you'd like to learn about these subjects.

Parts of the course require you to go through exercises that are based on information that is not provided through the course.

There are no transcripts, just audio presentation.

By Niki T

Mar 4, 2021

It wasn't worth $9.99 for an hour's worth of training to learn how to write a scope statement, create a RACI, and add tasks & due dates in Asana. I'm sure you could Google each of those items and get similar results. The instructor, format, and everything else was great, but just didn't have enough content to be worth money.

By Omkar D

Jun 13, 2020

The cloud platform was not accessible after some time. Only available for limited time.

Difficult for self paced course.

By Firdaus J

Oct 22, 2020

Too basic just for the promotion of Asana.com

By Anubhav T