Back to Introduction to Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Python by Coursera Project Network

Learning Python gives the programmer a wide variety of career paths to choose from. Python is an open-source (free) programming language that is used in web programming, data science, artificial intelligence, and many scientific applications. Learning Python allows the programmer to focus on solving problems, rather than focusing on syntax. Its relative size and simplified syntax give it an edge over languages like Java and C++, yet the abundance of libraries gives it the power needed to accomplish great things. In this tutorial you will create a guessing game application that pits the computer against the user. You will create variables, decision constructs, and loops in python to create the game. Note: This course works best for learners who are based in the North America region. We’re currently working on providing the same experience in other regions....

CC
Sep 27, 2020

The course was at it best with a visual studio python a learner could learn easily with it and I found it very interesting as I could write and run the program just while learning itself.

LL
Jul 1, 2020

Great class for the absolute beginner (like me). It was clear and concise and I appreciate that you are able to run a simple game at the end of the course. Thank you!

276 - 277 of 277 Reviews for Introduction to Python

By Sriram B

Good

By Mandy E

Feb 24, 2021

I really don't think this is for true beginners.

This was my very first python class.

I figured with it being an hour long, maybe it would be a good introduction, but I had no idea what he was talking about. From the first video to the second video, the code lines were altered without explanation.

Maybe after I try other beginner courses I can come back to this and know what is being discussed.