Back to The 3D Printing Revolution

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The 3D Printing Revolution by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course will demonstrate how 3D printers work, show what people make with them, and examine the 3D printing ecosystem. It will also explore the future of 3D printing and discuss how this technology will revolutionize our world. The course materials include informative video lectures, on-location interviews with a variety of 3D printing experts, and engaging hands-on exercises. Learners who complete this introductory course will have a solid understanding of 3D printing and its revolutionary potential, and will be able to print and customize 3D designs. This course was listed in the top 50 MOOC's of all time by Class-Central (https://www.class-central.com/report/top-moocs/)...

DA
Jun 13, 2021

This course provides an overview and understanding of the 3-D printing industry, where it came from, where it's going, and where someone could start if they're interested in pursuing opportunities.

RP
Jun 27, 2020

A must attend course for those who like innovation and engineering. Will become a must complete subject for engineering graduates. This technology will definitely be a part of our day to day life.

351 - 375 of 453 Reviews for The 3D Printing Revolution

By yashar k s

May 30, 2018

Great

By gauri s k 2

Jul 29, 2021

Good

By ABHIJITH A

Oct 4, 2020

Good

By VIVEK G

Sep 14, 2020

N

I

C

E

By GIRIPRASATH A

Jun 28, 2020

good

By Mohamed A D

Jun 17, 2020

Good

By SARVESH C A

GOOD

By SANJEEV K M

Good

By MAZEN S A A S

May 23, 2020

good

By Fahad A M A Q

good

By P V R

GOOD

By Nidhin G

Good

By Udit N B

Dec 16, 2017

Good

By Nirawit R

Nov 10, 2016

nice

By 王維煜

Oct 16, 2016

good

By RAHUL P

Oct 8, 2020

Nov 21, 2016

Fred J Feiler

Nov 20, 05:49 PST

Chat started: 2016-11-20 01:37 PM UTC

(01:37:50 PM) Fred J Feiler: We need a start date for 3D Printing Software course. The learners are concerned that this course will never happen even for those who have been enrolled since June 2016.

(01:38:52 PM) Coursera Support: Thanks for reaching out to us! Someone will be right with you.

(01:39:38 PM) *** Jessy joined the chat ***

(01:39:54 PM) Jessy: Thanks for reaching out to us. I’d be more than happy to help you today.

(01:40:29 PM) Jessy: I am very sorry for the inconveniences.

(01:40:40 PM) Jessy: Please allow me a moment while I take a look into this for you Fred.

(01:40:59 PM) Fred J Feiler: Thanks

(01:44:54 PM) Fred J Feiler: I enrolled in the five course specialization. My momentum is at a standstill so if this course is delayed I’ll look for something better.

(01:46:05 PM) Jessy: I am very sorry for the inconveniences Fred, I checked and that course does not have sessions available yet.

(01:46:16 PM) Jessy: It looks like we will need some time to look into this issue further. I am going to escalate this to our support specialists so they can further investigate. This means that I will be ending this chat and it will become a support ticket email. You will receive an email transcript of our chat for your records, and someone from our support team will review our chat and email you with updates as soon as possible.

(01:47:18 PM) Fred J Feiler: OK, thank you!

By Vladimir I

Apr 9, 2016

I am very glad to see courses like this one on Coursera. The course itself is well structured and contains a lot of useful information and that is exactly what I needed in one place.

My only complaint is the price of the course - I think it is a bit expensive especially for this first part of the specialisation - it is an introductory two week course with a lot of advertising...£40..common..are you serious?? A lot of people will buy personal 3D printers or kits after the course, some of them will make a decision to buy a 3D printer for a company they work for (as myself), Fusion 360 subscriptions etc. These companies should sponsor such courses to make them more affordable - it is their interest.

I made several courses on Coursera already (Mechanical and Electrical Engineering), they were 5 to 8 weeks and comprised a lot of quite hard work from mentors and students and were only £32 for certificate.

I like the idea of this specialisation but I decided not to pay for the certificate because of its price. Although I am very happy to have access to the courses and I thank you for you effort!

By Erkki A P

Sep 28, 2020

Wonderful intro to the 3D printing world and why it will change everything. The lecturer was illuminating, engaged and chose articulate industry forerunners as interviewees. We learned not just what 3D printing is and can achieve, but where it came and where it is going. Lookign forwrd for the next course.

One star was lost in my evaluation because the only practical exercise relied on a 3rd part service that has been broken for months and no replies came for questions to the faculty.

By Thian Q Z

Nov 11, 2020

The content of this course is very comprehensive. I really like the interviews with industrial leaders and academicians because they had deepened my understanding of the ecosystem of 3D printing. However, I feel that the course structure is too packed to be completed in two weeks. Maybe we can extend the duration of the course to four weeks, so that the workload of the course can be more distributed.

By saran K

Aug 13, 2021

Good introduction to 3D printing technology for starters. It was different experience and mainly focus on the applications part of it which I loved. The way that everyone told their story about how they started 3D printing is helpfull for beginers.