Back to Accounting Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Accounting Analytics by University of Pennsylvania

Accounting Analytics explores how financial statement data and non-financial metrics can be linked to financial performance.  In this course, taught by Wharton’s acclaimed accounting professors, you’ll learn how data is used to assess what drives financial performance and to forecast future financial scenarios. While many accounting and financial organizations deliver data, accounting analytics deploys that data to deliver insight, and this course will explore the many areas in which accounting data provides insight into other business areas including consumer behavior predictions, corporate strategy, risk management, optimization, and more. By the end of this course, you’ll understand how financial data and non-financial data interact to forecast events, optimize operations, and determine strategy. This course has been designed to help you make better business decisions about the emerging roles of accounting analytics, so that you can apply what you’ve learned to make your own business decisions and create strategy using financial data. ...

FA
Jun 11, 2018

One of the most practical courses I have taken in Coursera. Highly recommended for professionals in Business, Strategy, and Finance & Accounting departments, as well as stock market investors.

PB
Feb 4, 2016

The course makes accounting interesting and especially the examples are very illustrative. Virtual students bring some fun. The 4th week is however really integrated in the course structure.

101 - 125 of 496 Reviews for Accounting Analytics

By Alex A

Mar 21, 2020

1st and 4th weeks are the best courses I've ever taken. The other two are not applicable to my job, so I found them quite boring. Worth the effort!

By Sairam M

May 17, 2019

Its wonderful course for those want to know how manipulation in financial statements carried out. I personally got benefited by taking this course

By Lesia F

Jun 1, 2020

I think it's a great course, teachers are helpful and experts of Analytics. Also, I really liked the quizzes and assignments, found them useful.

By John H Y

Mar 30, 2019

Professor Bushee is interesting and although what he teach is quite difficult for beginner, he tries hard to make it fun and easy to understand.

By Gary D

Aug 24, 2016

Very clear. Excellent instructor and it's free if you don't pay for the cert! Can you have a better class experience? Thank you Prof. Bushee!

By Felipe d S S

Apr 22, 2020

This is great course and I recommend for all thought accountants and manager. É um ótimo curso e eu recomendo para todos contadores e gerentes.

By Vitaly K

Apr 13, 2020

Very satisfied! Except the last part of the course. It would be great to make it more concrete based on one example within the whole week 4.

By Daibory T

Professor Bouchet is one of the best Coursera instructors! I loved his classes. For a nonfinanancial background, he explains it very well.

By Lu Y

Dec 10, 2016

My major is accounting but I still felt that it was so difficult. But I learned some knowlege which our teachers didn't tell me. Thanks!

By yaoyaoholiday

Oct 27, 2017

Really excellent prepared class. This is the first time I have a clear picture of all the fraud-detecting tools! Thank you, professor!

By frank

Aug 18, 2020

I learned a lot from this wonderful course. This new knowledge I have gained will boost my career development in Finance. Thank you.

By Akhtar A K

Jan 11, 2019

Thank You Professer Brian Bushee ,& Itter your guidence lecture and study material will help me a lot in achiving my further goals

By wilson y

Dec 31, 2016

not a big fan of accounting honestly, but i quite enjoy the course. doesn't involve a lot of in-depth math, and its easy to follow.

By Yuzheng A

Jul 20, 2017

This course is kind of challenging for me, which encourages me to learn more accounting and accounting analytics in later studies.

By Rana S G

Jul 1, 2016

I have thoroughly enjoyed this course. The whole idea of earning management was cool. I will highly recommend this course to all.

By Giancarlo P

Apr 6, 2019

Professors Ittner and Bushee are very prepared and likeable. Ideal either if you have accounting and finance background or not.

By Romain S

May 31, 2019

This course is maybe the hardest amongst analysis courses, but also the best one.

I highly recommand you to follow this MOOC

By Kaustubh C D

Mar 27, 2019

Learnt different tools for financial and non-financial analysis. Also the methods which helps to detect earnings management.

By Zhuo C

Nov 1, 2018

i have zero finance/accounting background, hence it is not that easy to catchup. but overall itis a good learning experience

By Nato w

Dec 2, 2016

Departments rigidity to information sharing as an ailment at middle and lower organizational levels was a notable issue

By Salvatore M

May 15, 2020

Very interesting course. Maybe real business cases could be more useful to understand how to use the arguments learned.

By Chengyue W

Mar 20, 2020

great basic knowledge of accounting analytics, but i believe the even basic account class is neccessary for this course

By Lim J J G

Jul 14, 2020

Great quality, interactive and interesting! Would recommend to anyone wanting to learn more about corporate finances

By Charles U M

Jun 10, 2019

This course brought out the professionalism in me. I will say many thanks to cousera for such an amazing opportunity

By Sergio G G

Apr 1, 2021

Excelente curso, toda la información suministrada es muy útil para una mayor profesionalización contable-financiera