Back to Managerial Accounting: Cost Behaviors, Systems, and Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managerial Accounting: Cost Behaviors, Systems, and Analysis by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this course, you will learn how to use accounting to facilitate and align decisions made by owners, managers, and employees. You will learn how accountants create, organize, interpret, and communicate information that improves internal processes, and allows organizations to identify and leverage opportunities to create value within the supply chain and with customers. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to: • Understand what managerial accounting is and why it is important. • Describe fundamental concepts of managerial accounting. • Apply the financial perspective of accounting for costs. • Identify problems associated with relying on financial accounting information for internal decision making. • Organize cost information according to the decision-making needs of the organization. • Apply activity-based costing (ABC) and recognize the influence of setting and decision characteristics on the relevance of ABC systems. • Address common "what-if" questions using cost-volume-profit (CVP) analysis. • Apply CVP analysis in a variety of scenarios. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

AS

Oct 07, 2017

Enjoyed this course as part of the Online MBA from UIUC. The concepts are solidly explained with examples and plenty of practice exams that you can re-take unlimited times to test your understanding.

VB

Aug 11, 2020

I have been using most of the terminology in my regular work , however now I could understand it better. I am sure the applicability of the terms would be more appropriate . It was a good learning.

26 - 50 of 179 Reviews for Managerial Accounting: Cost Behaviors, Systems, and Analysis

By Anant K

Jul 05, 2020

The explaining of the concepts especially ABC analysis and Cost Volume Profit Analysis was on the spot and worth its value. Professor Hecht has done a wonderful job

By Junho P

Jan 15, 2017

Thanks for this course! It attempts to provide not only knowledge, but also use in practice. It was a really great chance to learn accounting for me.

By alade A

Sep 08, 2017

THE COURSE WAS EASY TO UNDERSTAND AND THE VIDEOS WHERE EXPLANATORY. I CAN SAY THAT OVERALL I AM A GURU IN MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTING COST BEHAVIORS.

By Md. S I

It is a nice course to conduct. by very basic calculation big problem of managerial opinion and breaking point of sell discussed.

By Matthew W

Feb 26, 2019

Clear explanations of concepts, great lecture videos and slides. Also the intro music Prof. Hecht uses on the videos is awesome.

By Diego M B

Nov 26, 2016

It is a great course, well designed and gives important skills and knowledge in a practical way to apply in business desicions.

By James S

Sep 11, 2017

Great class and great content! Professor Hecht is passionate about the subject and keeps the class fun and interesting!

By Okwukwe D I

Apr 25, 2017

Exceptional and practically resourceful. The lecture delivery was clear and broken down in an understandable format.

By Sayanthan P

Sep 02, 2020

Course is well designed for beginner students and the reading material help a lot to easily understand the concept.

By Mantas S

Feb 24, 2020

Good course to refresh your knowledge on traditional and activity based costing, and contribution margin analysis.

By Yasin A

May 01, 2019

Relevant, concise and practical presentations about cost. Highly recommended for all who deals with resources.

By Caner K

Feb 11, 2019

The course is really very useful. I learned a lot on this course. I would like to thank Illinois University.

By fbuitrago@hotmail.com

Aug 27, 2018

Excellent course. The way Dr. Hecht teaches is number one. I really recommend it. Thanks Dr. echt and thanks

By Zakaria F

Jun 27, 2020

Excellent course ! I've learned a lot, and I'm sure this will help me open doors in my professional career

By Sifat M

Jun 13, 2020

Thank You Very much for such a nice arrangement. This really benefitted me. I liked the course very much.

By sarah a m a a r

Feb 14, 2019

this is a very helpful course for those who really want to be in a position of decision making in any firm

By Nathan A

Feb 08, 2020

Professor Gary Hecht makes Managerial Accounting interesting and relatively easy to learn. Enough said!

By Sillo J

Jul 17, 2017

this course made me a better financial analyst. its a must do for everyone in the finance department.

By Carlos S

Feb 11, 2019

Interesting course that teaches you all the intricate details of cost based management decisions.

By fidelis o

Feb 13, 2019

Never liked accounting but Professor Gary sure made it look super easy. I recommend this course.

By Luca G

Jun 21, 2017

It was a good base course, may be we could have done more, but I understand time is not so much.

By Cristopher A H d N

Jul 23, 2020

Really good course, I hope that the all specialization has courses of this type and quality

By gunasekhar

Apr 19, 2020

It's an excellent course structured with detailed explanation along with relevant examples.

By Nathaniel T

Oct 15, 2020

I learned so much during the course and took what I learned and applied it at my comany.

By Zeki K

Feb 10, 2019

Professor Hecht explains clearly subjects, mini projects and quizzes are well designed !