Back to Managerial Accounting: Cost Behaviors, Systems, and Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managerial Accounting: Cost Behaviors, Systems, and Analysis by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this course, you will learn how to use accounting to facilitate and align decisions made by owners, managers, and employees. You will learn how accountants create, organize, interpret, and communicate information that improves internal processes, and allows organizations to identify and leverage opportunities to create value within the supply chain and with customers. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to: • Understand what managerial accounting is and why it is important. • Describe fundamental concepts of managerial accounting. • Apply the financial perspective of accounting for costs. • Identify problems associated with relying on financial accounting information for internal decision making. • Organize cost information according to the decision-making needs of the organization. • Apply activity-based costing (ABC) and recognize the influence of setting and decision characteristics on the relevance of ABC systems. • Address common "what-if" questions using cost-volume-profit (CVP) analysis. • Apply CVP analysis in a variety of scenarios. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

AS
Oct 6, 2017

Enjoyed this course as part of the Online MBA from UIUC. The concepts are solidly explained with examples and plenty of practice exams that you can re-take unlimited times to test your understanding.

VB
Aug 10, 2020

I have been using most of the terminology in my regular work , however now I could understand it better. I am sure the applicability of the terms would be more appropriate . It was a good learning.

26 - 50 of 235 Reviews for Managerial Accounting: Cost Behaviors, Systems, and Analysis

By Mohamed J

Oct 3, 2017

All good, but the criteria of the peer review assignment is so unfair having so limited number of grades without much space for the reviewer to really rate the work well

By Nishok T

Mar 24, 2017

Great content. I would bundle the shorter videos in the first two weeks so that I am not listening to an intro and outro for every small point that the professor makes.

By Vladimir G

Oct 10, 2020

Very good program. I have learned a lot about cost allocation and hopefully, that is going to help me if I ever have a business, even if it is small. Thank you so much

By Kaman C

Feb 4, 2019

excellent rendition of how the subject should be approached and learned. Kudos to Prof Gary. He is to be commended for his grasp of the subject, and capacity to teach.

By Anant K

Jul 5, 2020

The explaining of the concepts especially ABC analysis and Cost Volume Profit Analysis was on the spot and worth its value. Professor Hecht has done a wonderful job

By Nitin P

Mar 20, 2021

I really enjoyed this course. It was really easy for me to grasp complex concepts. Thank you for designing the course in such a way. It really helped me a lot.

By Junho P

Jan 14, 2017

Thanks for this course! It attempts to provide not only knowledge, but also use in practice. It was a really great chance to learn accounting for me.

By alade A

Sep 8, 2017

THE COURSE WAS EASY TO UNDERSTAND AND THE VIDEOS WHERE EXPLANATORY. I CAN SAY THAT OVERALL I AM A GURU IN MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTING COST BEHAVIORS.

By Md. S I

May 16, 2020

It is a nice course to conduct. by very basic calculation big problem of managerial opinion and breaking point of sell discussed.

By Matthew W

Feb 26, 2019

Clear explanations of concepts, great lecture videos and slides. Also the intro music Prof. Hecht uses on the videos is awesome.

By Diego M B

Nov 26, 2016

It is a great course, well designed and gives important skills and knowledge in a practical way to apply in business desicions.

By James S

Sep 11, 2017

Great class and great content! Professor Hecht is passionate about the subject and keeps the class fun and interesting!

By Okwukwe D

Apr 25, 2017

Exceptional and practically resourceful. The lecture delivery was clear and broken down in an understandable format.

By Sayanthan P

Sep 1, 2020

Course is well designed for beginner students and the reading material help a lot to easily understand the concept.

By Mantas S

Feb 24, 2020

Good course to refresh your knowledge on traditional and activity based costing, and contribution margin analysis.

By Morgan K

Jan 25, 2021

Challenging course with a lot of great fundamental information that was well reinforced via lectures and exams.

By Yasin A

May 1, 2019

Relevant, concise and practical presentations about cost. Highly recommended for all who deals with resources.

By Daniele D

Mar 23, 2021

This course is PHENOMENAL I highly recommend for anyone that doesn't have a background in Business or Finance

By The T R

Dec 16, 2020

refreshed my knowledge

good if you add more examples in video

more MCQ practice questions most helpful to us

By Caner K

Feb 11, 2019

The course is really very useful. I learned a lot on this course. I would like to thank Illinois University.

By fbuitrago@hotmail.com

Aug 27, 2018

Excellent course. The way Dr. Hecht teaches is number one. I really recommend it. Thanks Dr. echt and thanks

By Zakaria F

Jun 27, 2020

Excellent course ! I've learned a lot, and I'm sure this will help me open doors in my professional career

By Sifat M I

Jun 13, 2020

Thank You Very much for such a nice arrangement. This really benefitted me. I liked the course very much.

By sarah a m a a r

Feb 14, 2019

this is a very helpful course for those who really want to be in a position of decision making in any firm

By Nate A

Feb 8, 2020

Professor Gary Hecht makes Managerial Accounting interesting and relatively easy to learn. Enough said!