Back to The Addicted Brain

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Addicted Brain by Emory University

This is a course about addiction to drugs and other behaviors. It will describe what happens in the brain and how this information helps us deal with and overcome addiction. It will also discuss other topics, such as government policy and our vulnerability to take drugs....

ER
Jul 23, 2020

One of the best course. Before I took up this course I have negative feelings towards the drugs addicts. But this course completely change my behavior and opinions towards them. Thank you so much.

CP
Apr 1, 2018

I learned a lot from this course that I have been able to use in a ministry capacity. If you are trying to help others with addiction or understand it for yourself, this is the course for you.

101 - 125 of 492 Reviews for The Addicted Brain

By René F N

Feb 27, 2020

Very good and general overview of the biological and social issues around addiction. It's the perfect primer or refresher -- depending on your state of knowledge.

By Gina B

Sep 22, 2015

Excellent course! Professor is enthusiastic about the subject and conveys this to the students. Great course for grappling with the issues created by addiction.

By Paritosh D

Jun 14, 2020

This was a nice experience. I have learnt many new things .It was interesting and full of information. Thank you Prof. Michael Kuhar for those nice lectures.

By Mailene T

May 16, 2019

I´m a PsyD student, and I am very grateful for this course. It´s helping me a lot to review all the material and to answer a few doubts. Highly recommended.

By Marco S

Jan 16, 2016

A fun, informative course with a lot of information about various addictions, the science thereof, and their impact on society. Highly recommended to all.

By Michael S M M

Aug 5, 2020

As a pharmacist all this information was really useful, in fact it was a brief summary about this serious issue our current communities. Thanks Coursera!

By stoyan s

Apr 29, 2020

One of my Top favourite courses which helped me understand a lot about the mechanisms and factors underlying any addiction.Top course! Strongly recommend

By Ali M

Oct 11, 2019

This course help me a lot to understand the phenomenon of Addiction. Thank you course era for such a great platform provided to Student. Thank you again.

By Luis L L

Feb 4, 2020

Very useful for teachers, students, health professionals, drug users and families affected by addictions. Technical, professional and serious approach.

By Gustavo P C J

Nov 20, 2018

Dr. Kuhar was able to deliver a wide view of the subject in a short course. I had some background on the subject and I still think it was worth taking.

By Jakub P

Jan 18, 2017

Very informative, though I would recommend getting a little background on how the brain works in general, it will help you get more out of this course.

By Nazanin K

Aug 12, 2015

The lecturer explains the facts really good and determined! as someone who English is her second language it is really easy to understand the material.

By Abisha P

Jun 5, 2021

It was a very interesting course and wasn't boring at all. The course was very informative especially with all the reading material and case studies.

By Maria T H S d l B

Jun 12, 2016

Thank you for this course, professor Kuhar. I really appreciate the organization and the contents. I appreciate your deeply interest for this subject.

By Sarah G

Oct 24, 2019

Very comprehensive and well-delivered course- would definitely recommend to anyone hoping to learn more about addiction and the mechanisms behind it!

By Ritu S

Sep 3, 2017

i cannot really pay for the course.need financial help.hoping for a positive response

i want to enrolll in this course because i find it interesting.

By Abdelrahman M F E

Jun 23, 2018

it is a wonderful course, nut it has only one problem is it doesn't vary in its questions. the questions in the lectures is same in the quizzes.

By Aldo R

Jul 22, 2016

To the point, very appealing and the professor I amazing! I have been getting so much useful information and details about the brain of addicts.

By Casey L '

Sep 7, 2015

I am absolutely loving this course. The lecturer is extremely thorough in his explanations. Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity. 😊

By Rochelle M

Oct 19, 2020

Video content was digestible and extremely interesting. Professor was knowledgeable and review questions at the end of the videos were helpful.

By Anik M

Sep 24, 2017

Excellent course; Michael Kuhar presented the information in an easy-to-understand manner and I learned lots about addiction from this MOOC.

By Ayesha R

Oct 7, 2020

Very helpful and informative course. And a course which must be taken by every youth to understand the drugs and how they effect the brain.

By Dorde V

Jan 7, 2016

Excellently presented course. Very informative. Some really good recommended links to read along side the course context. Well thought out.

By Dan A

Oct 1, 2015

Very interesting and comprehensive. Very helpful and exhaustive data, corroborated from various fields of knowledge. Thank you very much!

By Rodrigo M Á

May 1, 2017

Very satisfied with the quality of the information. Thank you teacher, thank you Emory, and thank you Coursera. Lic. Rodrigo M. Álvarez.