Back to The Addicted Brain

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Addicted Brain by Emory University

This is a course about addiction to drugs and other behaviors. It will describe what happens in the brain and how this information helps us deal with and overcome addiction. It will also discuss other topics such as government policy and our vulnerability to take drugs....

CP

Apr 02, 2018

I learned a lot from this course that I have been able to use in a ministry capacity. If you are trying to help others with addiction or understand it for yourself, this is the course for you.

AN

Mar 30, 2017

This course is truly wonderful, many intellectual mind-opening surprises... for example I almost fell out of my chair when I learned of vaccinations development effort to counter addiction.

101 - 125 of 314 Reviews for The Addicted Brain

By Angelina W

Sep 08, 2015

Very informative and down-to-earth. Accessible by academic types and ordinary folks.

By Jennie J

Feb 17, 2017

Learned so much and so interesting.

By Lu Z

Nov 06, 2015

It's an excellent course!!! I love the instructor's style.

By Christy P

Apr 02, 2018

By Gina B

Sep 22, 2015

Excellent course! Professor is enthusiastic about the subject and conveys this to the students. Great course for grappling with the issues created by addiction.

By RISSER-MAROIX

Sep 24, 2015

Highly rated course.

A very good choice for youngs and seniors with addiction or not. Very important to prevent addictive trends and to help addicted people, because Dr Michael KUHAR explains very clearly and very simply with a choice of experiment and other examples, complex brain behaviors. Thank you to Emory University and to Coursera too.

By Mario A G

Dec 11, 2015

Outstandi

By Phillip G

Sep 16, 2015

Wonderful!

By Priscilla A d S

Oct 22, 2017

great course, i learned a lot and will continue work on it!

it's very usefull.

By Jolene F

Sep 11, 2015

Fantastic review of the brain and the effects of harmful substances. Thank you.

By Jenny C C

Sep 19, 2017

Excellent course! I've acquired a broad understanding of addiction.

By Dan A

Oct 01, 2015

Very interesting and comprehensive. Very helpful and exhaustive data, corroborated from various fields of knowledge. Thank you very much!

By Jenny B

Jun 01, 2017

Amazing Course! I work in the mental health field and found this to be very engaging!

By Nuno R D F C

Oct 14, 2015

It is a short, but multidisciplinary course, that covers all the problematics about drug addiction.

By Adetola A

Aug 25, 2015

Enjoyed every minute. Very educative. Thank you.

By Ana P N

Oct 05, 2015

Increíble !

By Jesse T S

Sep 07, 2016

very informative

By Rodrigo M Á

May 02, 2017

Very satisfied with the quality of the information. Thank you teacher, thank you Emory, and thank you Coursera. Lic. Rodrigo M. Álvarez.

By Taryn B

Dec 04, 2015

So easy to understand; taught with compassion and real understanding of addiction.

By Nazanin K

Aug 12, 2015

The lecturer explains the facts really good and determined! as someone who English is her second language it is really easy to understand the material.

By Maria F I

Sep 18, 2015

Excellent course!!

By Casey L '

Sep 07, 2015

I am absolutely loving this course. The lecturer is extremely thorough in his explanations. Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity. 😊

By Regina E

Oct 13, 2015

Excelente curso, tiene planteamientos muy interesantes sobre los porqués de las adicciones, causas y tratamientos...

By Alisha S

Jan 12, 2017

Excellent content!! The professor was eloquent and very clear.

By Thanit V

Oct 15, 2015

Thank you for your great lectures! I really learned a lot from this course. :)