Back to The Addicted Brain

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Addicted Brain by Emory University

This is a course about addiction to drugs and other behaviors. It will describe what happens in the brain and how this information helps us deal with and overcome addiction. It will also discuss other topics such as government policy and our vulnerability to take drugs....

CP

Apr 02, 2018

I learned a lot from this course that I have been able to use in a ministry capacity. If you are trying to help others with addiction or understand it for yourself, this is the course for you.

AN

Mar 30, 2017

This course is truly wonderful, many intellectual mind-opening surprises... for example I almost fell out of my chair when I learned of vaccinations development effort to counter addiction.

26 - 50 of 314 Reviews for The Addicted Brain

By Citizen F

Sep 15, 2015

I found both the course content and the Professor very engaging and thorough. I appreciated the methodical manner the scientific content was provided and the visuals were absolutely key to helping me to completely grasp.

By Veronica S

Oct 20, 2015

excellent course.

wanted more!!!!!

By JoAnne N

Jul 05, 2017

Excellent information on how the brain reacts to addicted substances.

By Vladimir C

Oct 02, 2015

Было бы здорово, если бы повествование шло быстрее и чуть более глубоко.

By Pipob P

Oct 04, 2015

Very insightful, although some of the assignments were a bit easy. Perhaps we could have a discussion of the 'rat park' experiments and maybe even the possibility that some drugs can be used for recreational use?

By Anja m

Mar 31, 2016

very interesting, and mind opening. Very clear and easy to follow lectures

I enjoyed this course very much

By Helen R

Jul 09, 2016

great course. so easy to follow the very clear teaching. interesting material.

By Cindy W M

Sep 16, 2016

The instructor was great. The material was very informative and interesting. Highly recommend.

By Licia R

Feb 16, 2016

I recently graduated with an MSW. I concentrated my course load on children and found addiction knowledge to be lacking upon graduation. Too many families are affected by addiction and in good conscience I couldn't work with children and their families without learning more. This was extremely helpful and the course gave me more passion and knowledge concerning children and addiction in terms of vulnerability, prevention, risk and protective factors. The instructor was wonderful, non-judgmental and very informative. I loved the neurobiology explanations as well. Thank you!!!

By Alain C

Oct 01, 2015

Very good trip !

By Sarah M

Sep 30, 2015

Very interesting course

By Filipa A M R

Sep 09, 2015

As a trainee lawyer I found this course quite good and helpful.

In Portugal we have a lot of drug issues. Knowing how drug addiction works in the human brain might be helpful, especially on court, where some individuals are convicted for drug issues when, sometimes, it's not only their choice.

Thank you for the course. I hope there are more courses available for this kind of issues.

By Alyson d R J

Feb 17, 2018

Impeccable course in approaching drug addiction and chemical addiction! Thank you for everything and greetings from Brazil!

By Ana P G D

Dec 04, 2015

This course is fundamental for understand or remember about drugs

By Thomas H

Jul 29, 2017

very comprehensive insight into brain functions and their impairment through drug use, together with useful hints on how to deal with the phenomenon and how to help those in need

By Alexandre C

Aug 19, 2015

Very good teacher!

By Veronica G G

Sep 28, 2015

Thank you very much Professor for your excellent course...

By Laura T M

Sep 24, 2015

Very easy and fun. Videos are fantastic.

By Christos F K

Sep 17, 2015

Very good and intresting subject, well organized.

By Dr. T C

Oct 19, 2015

Excellent delivery by Dr. Kuhar.

By Dee d H

Sep 11, 2015

Very informative. Thoroughly enjoyed both the class and the teacher.

By Maureen R

Jul 07, 2018

Very interesting course. I learned about brain chemistry in relation to addiction.

By Marco S

Jan 16, 2016

A fun, informative course with a lot of information about various addictions, the science thereof, and their impact on society. Highly recommended to all.

By Paul B

Oct 07, 2015

An extreamly interesting and enlightening course. The instructor, professor Kuhar, is an incredible lecturer with very pleasurable voice and amicable attitude. The topics of drugs and addiction is discussed on many levels, from phisiology to societal changes. I would certainly recommend this course to anyone who wish to better understand the problem of addiction because of either personal reasons or academic interest.

By Jaime R

Apr 08, 2018

Great course on the effects on drugs for the brain. Great for me and will have my children go for it as soon as they are old enough. The professor's commitment to harm reduction is touching